Do the devs ever read theses complaints ?

Turner01

You don't see devs responding to comments due to some HR BS that big companies get involved with. Personally I think it's a terrible idea that destroys community engagement. The reasoning behind it is something about not creating expectations of content for legal reasons which I don't think would really hold up in a court, but they don't want to chance it.

However they do read the comments. And occasionally produce fixes directly targeted at them. Case in point the recent update to fix login lock issues.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Turner01 said:

Not trying to be a smartass, genuinely curious. Says in forum guidlines the moderators can't even address technical issues, so if the devs don't see it what's the point of the forum ?

There is a difference between reading discussions/suggestions and trying to respond to issues that need technical support to be resolved.

Bug reports are for devs, trouble tickets are for tech support, they are two different groups of people who do two different jobs. Tech support are not Devs and Devs are not Tech Support (just like with nearly every other technical company in existence).

* If you see a bug in the game, report it in the bug reports section, the forum moderators review the bug reports and pass the information on to the devs.

* If you are personally experiencing a problem that you need help fixing, that should be a trouble ticket. Even if that problem is the result of a known but it's should still be a trouble ticket. Why? Because what you're asking for is someone from tech support to help you ASAP, which is much faster than the amount of time it takes devs to fix bugs.

Let's say you're riding your dino and it gets caught in a glitch in the game and dies. You report the glitch to the Devs as a bug, and you submit a ticket to Tech Support for them to restore your dino that was killed by the bug. The bug is one thing, but you needing help because of that bug is a different thing.

I think it would depend on the mechanism of injury . Also the circumstances sounding his / her method of incapacitation. Tanqulized? Did they fall asleep? 

I'd have the dev put in a ticket in several weeks someone will address the issue .

They could post in the support forum im sure someone can help them out.

If this incapacitation issue is occurring on the NoTek Cluster 6 or Primitive + you may just be out of luck. On the other hand an unconscious dev in the cluster would be the closest thing to support we have had in years . 

On 11/14/2020 at 2:56 AM, Zarn said:

I think it would depend on the mechanism of injury . Also the circumstances sounding his / her method of incapacitation. Tanqulized? Did they fall asleep? 

I'd have the dev put in a ticket in several weeks someone will address the issue .

They could post in the support forum im sure someone can help them out.

If this incapacitation issue is occurring on the NoTek Cluster 6 or Primitive + you may just be out of luck. On the other hand an unconscious dev in the cluster would be the closest thing to support we have had in years . 

BWAHAHAHA now that's sarcasm 

On 11/13/2020 at 8:31 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

If a dev falls in the forest and there's no angry gamers around, do they still make a sound?

No but the angry gamers will complain anyways as if they did. Maybe they'll complain they *didn't* Make a sound.. it really just comes down to if they got personally attacked IRL or not today and they need to let off some steam on a random on the interwebs 

Archived