Jump to content

Extra Life 2020! Livestream Reveals


Recommended Posts

On 11/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, Ymhotep said:

When and why did Ark turn from a survival game among dinosaurus to this space opera? First it was a walk with a stone axe among prehistoric animals, now a walk with a stone axe among giant robots and aliens... Why wasnt this space stuff made as a separate game? It totaly ruined the whole original point of the game and the experience. If I was posible to refund the game after 1000+ hours i probably would do it.

Return Ark to its roots!

The "ark" is the space station your on, it was always a sci fi game

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

too much tek stuff tbh it will make the game weird 

I disagree.

Only 4 that were revealed. There's lots more that wasn't revealed and likely they will do more Mysterious Mysteries that will likely include creatures.

9 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Its not really overpowered if everyone has one but I do think it's a major monkey wrench thrown into the game. Who knows maybe the difficulty of the map will be ratcheted up to account for the buff to our characters.

I enjoy starting out as a naked box of garbage on a new map and getting killed 100 times while exploring until I get my bearings. That being said, I'm not looking at the instant tek suit as necessarily a bad thing, just much different than what we're used to.

Actually as someone who's never beaten a boss, I'm excited the tek barrier is finally being removed. 

Fair point. I’m not one of those people that do boss fights so that will be enjoyable

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 5:56 AM, MisterBig said:

Some of this stuff will probably begin to feel like it belongs in the game like whips, flamethrowers, extinction dinos, etc.
I feel like the DLCs should have some MORE of their engrams and dinos dipped into the main game to prevent new players from being completely left out of any meta due to not buying the DLCs from the beginning. Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles do great with this for scorched and aberration, but it's still at the point where to defend some base spots a tek railgun is expected, or a Reaper, which can't be obtained for free. With snow owls and managarmrs being essential to PVP, unfortunately you can't do much to counter them without z fruit and I don't think you can get Z seeds at all without the Aberration or Genesis DLC.
I kinda hope that the Astrodelphis is as useless as a flying Gallimimus with terrible weight or you guys can buff that creature to compete somehow.
When I started ark it was very disheartening to be killed by creatures from DLCs I don't own, and I really despised that. The only reason I didn't quit from my first experience was because the tribemates I had when I started this game bought the DLC to get the good Extinction dinos and did good to keep us going from getting wiped for a while.

then nobody will buy the dlcs, remember to think business if you add every dlc creature to a free map then nobody will buy the dlcs because the creatures are one of the main reasons i have the dlc and i think the reason for scorched earth not selling good because everything interesting in it is free in other maps

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hegaywhodonothin said:

then nobody will buy the dlcs, remember to think business if you add every dlc creature to a free map then nobody will buy the dlcs because the creatures are one of the main reasons i have the dlc and i think the reason for scorched earth not selling good because everything interesting in it is free in other maps

I fully understand the business model you're talking about, but I hope we get 99% if not all the creatures in the game on gen 2, considering it's the last hurrah.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: I forgot to put in the quote by Hegaywhodonothin, I'm not used to forums and didn't add it in after clicking quote, so pretend it is here.

 

Scorched isn't selling good because everyone already has it, and it has it's worth as a map when you consider the nice base locations it has and how nice the map is. Yeah, it doesn't sell as good now because it isn't required to have, but it shouldn't be required. It is honestly nice to have a DLC map that is simply extra content and not required content.

Take the DLC of any other game and the extra characters you buy might be slightly overpowered and have a nicer feel to them, but it's not like they are required as a counter to other characters like how some DLC elements are almost required to counter other stuff in ARK.

Rhino gets wrecked by z fruit, y trap, snow owl dive, with one option being Quetzal or Wyvern. Quetzals and Wyverns are striclty countered by Managarmrs, Reapers, and Snow Owls. Snow Owls are countered by y traps and z fruit, as well as Reapers and the Tek suits you get from Genesis or crafted from Extinction BPs. Managarmrs are countered by snow owls followed by z fruit and y trap as they have a huge ground hit box and can be given the z effect as they are forced to be grounded as they take action.

Nobody new will buy the game if this keeps up, this pushes a dying player base even more by discouraging them with what people have been telling them constantly, that the game is somewhat pay to win, and I say somewhat because at least it isn't paying a large amount of currency for a small bonus... but if you or a friend don't pay, you don't win.

Edited by MisterBig
Link to post
Share on other sites

How much i will start it? well, first i love dinos, but those new dnos from space crossingover other ideas as space and aliens, its too far away from the begiining of the whole story game... WildCard should start a new game named Ark 2 with all this new stuff about Genesis. Too much TEK stuff for lazy people... new stuff as a Tek pistol muti-purpose... a Tek bow?? Why?? Its boviously WildCard only think new stuff for PVP players instead of PVE players... mostly of those new stuff arent usefull for pVE unless you wanna be more lazy. 
 

Im totally lost every nice feeling about Genesis... It comes from Dinosaurs to Aliens?? Well done!! (sarcasm) It comes to free ARKs to Living in simulations?? It comes from trying to live in earth to trying to live in space?? Only some dinos in geneis are nice, but new poop TEK?? Only for PVE are Egg Incubator and Tek Plot... 

 

One word: Dissapointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

How much i will start it? well, first i love dinos, but those new dnos from space crossingover other ideas as space and aliens, its too far away from the begiining of the whole story game... WildCard should start a new game named Ark 2 with all this new stuff about Genesis. Too much TEK stuff for lazy people... new stuff as a Tek pistol muti-purpose... a Tek bow?? Why?? Its boviously WildCard only think new stuff for PVP players instead of PVE players... mostly of those new stuff arent usefull for pVE unless you wanna be more lazy. 
 

Im totally lost every nice feeling about Genesis... It comes from Dinosaurs to Aliens?? Well done!! (sarcasm) It comes to free ARKs to Living in simulations?? It comes from trying to live in earth to trying to live in space?? Only some dinos in geneis are nice, but new poop TEK?? Only for PVE are Egg Incubator and Tek Plot... 

 

One word: Dissapointed.

At this point the game was way outgrown dinosaurs. I loved the prehistoric feel of ark back in the day too, but what is adding another variation of a trex or trike really gonna do for the game..?

They can get much more creative with stuff like an invisible freakin lion, and honestly I think something like that is simply more interesting than another dinosaur added to the 100 dinos we already have.

 

Again, with the map what are they gonna do add another volcano/snow/desert area ? We've been there done that several times over. I absolutely love the look of the ship and how the biomes wrap around it in rings. So much more interesting than another Valguero or Ragnarok type landscape. 

I like that they've gone in a new direction, I just hope they dont royally screw it up with some dumb design decision like they did with the mission build restrictions and teleporting that made gen 1 awful (neither are in gen 2).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the way the fantastic devs at Wildcard have written each section to make this new map feel like it's a tranquil haven for mechanical and biological alike, only with the twist at the last biome passage, whom we can only assume is none other than Edmond Rockwell. I am more than excited to start the Ark grind in a far different scenario than what we've seen before. Keep up the good work Wildcard!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

Too much TEK stuff for lazy people

What does it have to do with being lazy? Come on, you have good points about the dino side of things, don't drag your points down by making silly comments claiming Tek is for people that are lazy. If they were lazy they wouldn't reach Tek tier in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 3:56 AM, MisterBig said:

Some of this stuff will probably begin to feel like it belongs in the game like whips, flamethrowers, extinction dinos, etc.
I feel like the DLCs should have some MORE of their engrams and dinos dipped into the main game to prevent new players from being completely left out of any meta due to not buying the DLCs from the beginning. Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles do great with this for scorched and aberration, but it's still at the point where to defend some base spots a tek railgun is expected, or a Reaper, which can't be obtained for free. With snow owls and managarmrs being essential to PVP, unfortunately you can't do much to counter them without z fruit and I don't think you can get Z seeds at all without the Aberration or Genesis DLC.
I kinda hope that the Astrodelphis is as useless as a flying Gallimimus with terrible weight or you guys can buff that creature to compete somehow.
When I started ark it was very disheartening to be killed by creatures from DLCs I don't own, and I really despised that. The only reason I didn't quit from my first experience was because the tribemates I had when I started this game bought the DLC to get the good Extinction dinos and did good to keep us going from getting wiped for a while.

I don't think dlc dino's should be in the main game. They should stay dlc exlusive. I do feel, however, like most of the engrams should be available for everyone. Except for maybe some things, like the ocean platforms in genesis or other stuff that make that map feel special. But there is absolutely no reason why some tek stuff should be dlc exclusive. Or why the whip is scorched exclusive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ModdedEnderman said:

I don't think dlc dino's should be in the main game. They should stay dlc exlusive. I do feel, however, like most of the engrams should be available for everyone. Except for maybe some things, like the ocean platforms in genesis or other stuff that make that map feel special. But there is absolutely no reason why some tek stuff should be dlc exclusive. Or why the whip is scorched exclusive.

You can get the whip on Valguero along with some aberration stuff like the glider and climbing picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Inannamute said:

Kinda bummed that I 'won' a prize on the stream for donating but have heard and received nothing from WC almost a month later. Altogether I donated over $700, which of course is for a great cause but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Don't worry, this has been passed along to the people in charge of organizing the prizes. They'll be in contact with you shortly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
On 11/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, Inannamute said:

Kinda bummed that I 'won' a prize on the stream for donating but have heard and received nothing from WC almost a month later. Altogether I donated over $700, which of course is for a great cause but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry about the delay Inannamute! Our team was handling the prizes in batch this time and they only just happened to get to the set you're in. You should have an email from some members of our studio, the email that's used is the one you donated with/the same as your survivetheark account's. You can probably search for "Extra Life 2020" to find it. Let me know if you don't see it and I'll follow up with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 9:56 PM, MisterBig said:

Some of this stuff will probably begin to feel like it belongs in the game like whips, flamethrowers, extinction dinos, etc.
I feel like the DLCs should have some MORE of their engrams and dinos dipped into the main game to prevent new players from being completely left out of any meta due to not buying the DLCs from the beginning. Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles do great with this for scorched and aberration, but it's still at the point where to defend some base spots a tek railgun is expected, or a Reaper, which can't be obtained for free. With snow owls and managarmrs being essential to PVP, unfortunately you can't do much to counter them without z fruit and I don't think you can get Z seeds at all without the Aberration or Genesis DLC.
I kinda hope that the Astrodelphis is as useless as a flying Gallimimus with terrible weight or you guys can buff that creature to compete somehow.
When I started ark it was very disheartening to be killed by creatures from DLCs I don't own, and I really despised that. The only reason I didn't quit from my first experience was because the tribemates I had when I started this game bought the DLC to get the good Extinction dinos and did good to keep us going from getting wiped for a while.

all the dlcs are free on xbox game pass now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...