Extra Life 2020! Livestream Reveals

Jatheish

13 hours ago, Brute41 said:

I love the concept for genesis part 2, but how will this tie into earth and the corruption on it if everything takes place on the genesis ship. Will earth be part of the story still or was it just to meet Helena. And what about Arat Prime. 

Mhhhhh i have a theory:

-speaking of earth and corruption. The arks now landed. As Helena said, they'll purify the infection. So let's say we really saved the planet. But our task now is another and not there. And then I can pass to my 2nd theory

-Rockwell indeed landed, well crashed, on the earth but we all know that he has a lot of informations about the main project and protocol. It means he knew about the ship! We know how big is his ego now. So, why taking only a small planet rather than expanding in the universe? Why not taking the ship? Now our task is saving the whole universe lol

My other thought is that Rockwell is totally under the controll of the Element. But at the same time he kept his mind, well, almost. It means he's cooperating with the Element! Both want to expand as they can. So, yeah, he's controlled but at the same time he  cooperates under the promise of infinite power.  

About Arat Prime ... I have the suspect that is the ship itself. I just don't think Wildcard wanted spoil it in the live ruining the surprise. But we'll see. I'm curious like you. I wonder why Diana wanted go there. 

Edited by MayaPatch

When and why did Ark turn from a survival game among dinosaurus to this space opera? First it was a walk with a stone axe among prehistoric animals, now a walk with a stone axe among giant robots and aliens... Why wasnt this space stuff made as a separate game? It totaly ruined the whole original point of the game and the experience. If I was posible to refund the game after 1000+ hours i probably would do it.

Return Ark to its roots!

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, Ymhotep said:

When and why did Ark turn from a survival game among dinosaurus to this space opera? First it was a walk with a stone axe among prehistoric animals, now a walk with a stone axe among giant robots and aliens... Why wasnt this space stuff made as a separate game? It totaly ruined the whole original point of the game and the experience. If I was posible to refund the game after 1000+ hours i probably would do it.

Return Ark to its roots!

It's called ARK Survival Evolved, so the evolved bit is exactly what the game has done, it's evolved from primitive life to advanced life.

Also Obelisks and arm implants etc have been in the game since day one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ymhotep said:

Return Ark to its roots!

Well yes and no. I agree it moved away from a dinosaur survival game and it still is on certain maps but tbh I never thought that this is the direction ark was moving in and I do not hate it. It is a cool idea and direction for ark.

8 hours ago, Brute41 said:

Well yes and no. I agree it moved away from a dinosaur survival game and it still is on certain maps but tbh I never thought that this is the direction ark was moving in and I do not hate it. It is a cool idea and direction for ark.

I can second this. Ark was a survival game in the beginning but its all about the story progressing and finding out all the mysteries of the arks, earth, and the life before the arks. The devs never stated that this was a game about only survival and no story, like Rust (but that still has a little story to it). It was all about uncovering story. The story basically started in the Island on the games release with the Explorer Notes, but the story really kicked off in Aberration with Rockwell. It should have been clear from the start that this games was not only about a prehistoric survival game. The game came out with people wondering what the story was about the implants and why dinosaurs were there, then with Abb it uncovered more lore about the arks and the previous survivors, then extinction expanded on the Arks and element stuff as well as the remaining survivors. then with the Genesis parts it was all about getting glitches and finding more about the earth, the arks and the people from the before times. Genesis part 2 will hopefully answer all questions about the arks and humans, as well as the dinosaurs. This never was a game about just survival among Prehistoric animals, it was one big story about the significance of the element war, the arks, Rockwell, Helena, and space itself. 

Please for love of Rockwell add this map to the CrossArk No Tek 6 Cluster, at the very least let us research engrams from the last couple maps. We foolishly purchased season passes not realizing our Cluster is ignored , unsupported and not getting content updates. 

Time to support NoTek and Prim+ or merge us into a new cluster or main servers . Stop ignoring your players ..

2 hours ago, DodoKing1 said:

I agree! It’ll be really weird to see everybody starting out with the strongest clothing in the game! Like come on you can’t tell me that doesn’t sound overpowered

3E621F95-69D3-4D4B-ACC4-F086DDA085D2.jpeg

Its not really overpowered if everyone has one but I do think it's a major monkey wrench thrown into the game. Who knows maybe the difficulty of the map will be ratcheted up to account for the buff to our characters.

I enjoy starting out as a naked box of garbage on a new map and getting killed 100 times while exploring until I get my bearings. That being said, I'm not looking at the instant tek suit as necessarily a bad thing, just much different than what we're used to.

Actually as someone who's never beaten a boss, I'm excited the tek barrier is finally being removed.