Extra Life 2020! Livestream Reveals

Jatheish

• Administrator

Dear Survivors,

We at Studio Wildcard would like to give our heartfelt thanks to our wonderful ARK community for participating in our latest 24 hour ExtraLife charity event! 

With the help of our community and ExtraLife team, we placed Top 3 globally and raised over $180,000 for sick children and beat all of our past records by a significant amount, including last year's jaw dropping $112,206.35! We couldn't have done this without the help of our generous community, our amazing sponsors, and our dedicated community who signed up to join our team. 

As with prior ExtraLife events, we take this as an opportunity to share sneak peeks at upcoming content. In true tradition, we shared visuals from the upcoming Genesis Part 2 DLC including the big reveal of the teaser trailer featuring the talented David Tennant and Madeleine Madden voicing Rockwell and HLNA respectively! We also revealed a bunch of what we have in store for our players in genesis Part 2 including: Creatures, Items, Structures, and the Environment/Biome which we'll go through in this post!

We're excited to take you on a journey into the dark mind of the villainous Rockwell as he strives towards godhood and we very much look forward to sharing more unseen Genesis Part 2 content!  

Special Thanks:
Syntac (Raised over $22,800), RoyaleWithCheese (Raised over $7,300), MTSArk (Raised over $6000), RoycePlayers (Raised Over $5000), EliteARK (Raised over $2500), Lilmonsterr (Raised over $2,300), Telmo Sampaio (Raised over $2200), PaceyAU (Raised over $1500), Belle (Raised over $1200), Shockist (Raised over $1100), Project Tiamat (Raised over $1000), KoolKyleLive (Raised over $1000) and so many more (cant name em all!)

Thanks to our sponsors: Blue Microphones, Nvidia, Nitrado, Grove Street Games, Apex Gaming PCs

Special rates

As a further thank you to our community, we will be implementing 2x rates right through to Tuesday 12 PM Pacific/3 PM Eastern. 

New Creatures

Noglin

12h_Gen2_Noglin.jpg

The Noglin may look cute but don't be fooled! There's a mind-bending surprise in store when it wraps around the noggin of a target -- it enables you to temporarily take control of enemy creatures, tames, or even other humans!

Shadowmane

15h_Gen2_LionfishLion.jpg

This chimerical prowler has powerful group-cloaking abilities for all your sneaking-needs, while also making use of a lightning fast chain-teleport-strike that can decimate groups of targets. By the time its victims are aware of its presence, it's often already too late!

Stryder

13h_Gen2_TekStriderV1.jpg

Better brush up on your hacking skills to claim one of these giant mechanical Stryders! Patrolling the colony ship, they are outfitted with a variety of randomized individual components across their body, which gives each Stryder a different potential set of unique skills whether in defense, offense, or utility!

Astrodelphis

14h_Gen2_SpaceDolphin.jpg

This curious extraterrestrial creature may look like the cetaceans that once swam in Earth's oceans, but they seem to be at home in the interstellar medium, far from any planet's surface. Place the versatile Tekwing saddle on them, and they're a veritable fighter spacecraft capable of blasting targets out of the sky with lasers or homing charges or bombing them into oblivion. And yes, they can do a shot-repelling barrel roll!

GEN-X Variants

Some old friends will be making a reappearance in Genesis Part 2 -- here's an early look at our GEN-X variants, which include new versions of many previous expansions' creatures!

22h_GenXBiomeVariants3.jpg22h_GenXBiomeVariants1.jpg22h_GenXBiomeVariants2.jpg

New Items

Hoversail

8h_Gen2_Hoversail.jpg

You've never really traveled until you've tried hoversailing! There's no better way to get yourself across the ring than jumping on one of these hi-tek boards and surfing the air currents, and no better feeling than skimming the skies to find the perfect tailwind while nailing flashy tricks to boost your speed!

TEK Bow

9h_Gen2_TekBow.jpg

Run into trouble aboard the ship? The Federation issue TEK bow materializes arrows of any type on the fly and uses electromagnetism to shoot them at blinding velocities.

TEK Federation Suit

16h_Gen2_NewTekSuit.jpg

Suit up, survivor! You'll find this to be an upgrade from what you experienced wearing inside the Genesis simulation. This sleek, hi-tek exo-armor should protect you in a variety of otherwise lethal situations -- and best of all, on Genesis Part 2, this suit has unlimited jetpack power without the need for Element -- and Flyers are also fully supported this time around!

Canoe

11h_Gen2_Canoe.jpg

Not simply just for recreation, you can pick your canoe up and place it down again in any body of water. With multiple rowers working in tandem, the canoe can travel exceptionally fast. Fishing from a canoe is especially convenient, as is the built-in cooking pot!

Minigun

7h_Gen2_Minigun.jpg

Need a massive barrage of bullets to keep your enemies under pressure? What this Minigun lacks in accuracy and tendency to overheat, it makes up for in sheer firepower. Place it in stationary mode to improve its accuracy and clear targets around corners!

TEK Pistol

10h_Gen2_TekPistol.jpg

Each crew member will be issued a Federation phase pistol, equipped with multiple lethality settings. Take care not to aim one of these in the vicinity of any crewmate or shipboard fauna, unless it is set to healing or stun mode

New Structures

Egg Incubator

3h_Gen2_EggIncubator.jpg

Who needs to fuss with eggs when you can use the fantastical mechanical egg incubation device to cook them to perfection? This device lets you view all the statistics and mutations of eggs and incubate them at an optimal temperature while hatching them at your convenience!

Ammobox

4h_Gen2_AmmoBox.jpg

This handy new structure will automatically fill all nearby turrets with all the varieties of ammunition, while its floating HUD shows you its total ammo stats without the need to open the inventory (and also reflected visually with the ammunition models displayed on it).

Remote Camera Security System

6h_Gen2_RemoteCameraSecuritySystem.jpg

Secure your base in Genesis Part 2 with the Remote Camera Security System. Issue commands, view, and communicate all from a remote location. You can even use them to spy-on and communicate with your enemies!

Loadout Mannequin

5h_Gen2_LoadoutMannequin.jpg

No need to scream "who moved my kit from my vault?" at your tribe mates again while your turrets are soaked and you run in circles. Kit up quick and get to those griefers by storing your loadouts on trusty Loadout Mannequins, which also visualize your gear and hotbar items, for a single-press full equipment swap!

TEK Crop Plot

2h_Gen2_TekCropPlot.jpg

Want to take up gardening aboard ship? Crew members can make use of this hi-tek crop plot to efficiently raise harvestable plants just about anywhere!

New Environment

Genesis Ship

Welcome to your new home, survivor! You've been returned to life aboard this immense vessel representing the pinnacle of mankind's ingenuity... What could have motivated so desperate a measure, to cast all of nature itself adrift in this interstellar lifeboat?

17h_Gen2_ColonyShipExterior1.jpg17h_Gen2_ColonyShipExterior2.jpg

Biome 01

18h_Biome1.jpg

The idyllic sunlit meadows and rolling hills of this tranquil biome show little to indicate what's in store under the influence of Rockwell's insanity.

Biome 02

19h_Biome2.jpg

Enjoying this view, survivor? Perhaps you'd fancy a stroll along this promenade? Don't be shy -- those bridges are spacious enough for any beast you've tamed, and its observation towers offer the best vantage of the sprawling artificial gardens you see before you.

Biome 03

20h_Biome3.jpg

Creation is an exhilarating undertaking, one of the incomparable perquisites of godhood. I'm afraid you won't find much in the way of creature comforts here. This garden isn't meant for you, after all...

Biome 04

21h_Biome4.jpg

"How foolish you are, to have scurried into my inner sanctum. Did you truly expect to evade my notice here? I am this place now. And you're merely a parasite."

And of course, this isn't everything there is to see about Genesis Part 2! We have so much more in store and can't for you to check it out in March 2021! Thank you once again for tuning in this weekend and for all your fundraising efforts to help sick kids! We couldn't be more proud of our community.

All the best!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

Some of this stuff will probably begin to feel like it belongs in the game like whips, flamethrowers, extinction dinos, etc.
I feel like the DLCs should have some MORE of their engrams and dinos dipped into the main game to prevent new players from being completely left out of any meta due to not buying the DLCs from the beginning. Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles do great with this for scorched and aberration, but it's still at the point where to defend some base spots a tek railgun is expected, or a Reaper, which can't be obtained for free. With snow owls and managarmrs being essential to PVP, unfortunately you can't do much to counter them without z fruit and I don't think you can get Z seeds at all without the Aberration or Genesis DLC.
I kinda hope that the Astrodelphis is as useless as a flying Gallimimus with terrible weight or you guys can buff that creature to compete somehow.
When I started ark it was very disheartening to be killed by creatures from DLCs I don't own, and I really despised that. The only reason I didn't quit from my first experience was because the tribemates I had when I started this game bought the DLC to get the good Extinction dinos and did good to keep us going from getting wiped for a while.

Edited by MisterBig
Grammar
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 4

Very excited! Really good stuff! For me the incubator is going to save a lot of time! That stat preview before hatching is really sweet!

Really liked everything shown here, plus the trailer. Love this approach with more story content, with excellent voice over!

Thanks Wildcard! Been here with you all since before the original's launch, and I am still here! Thanks for delivering such great content! Ark has a really special place in my library.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I'm so glad the live went so well and you even got more donations!

I'm pretty sure you were so tired yesterday xD well, you deserve some rest. The games were pretty funny and the reveals were just WOW! You've been so busy!

I already said that with David Tennant, my fav actor and Doctor (and i really liked him in Crowley clothes in Good Omens), you got me. What's better than my fav game and David Tennant giving voice to my fav Ark  villain Character, Rockwell? You really nailed it!  

We are at the end of our journey as survivors and we are Homo Deus as well. But we have one last task! I wonder if at the end of all this we'll reach Helena and the others... In a Lord of the Rings ending style.  Ofc it won't affect the Gameplay, i mean, we'll be able to spawn at our base etc, but speaking of lore stuff it would be possible x) maaaa now in so curious to know!

I played this game since it was EA, i saw it growing and improving. Yeah, it's not perfect, still need more polish but personally, i find it to be a very good survival, one of the best i have played (according to my experience and opinion ofc).

What else to say? I'm looking forward for this last DLC! 

Edited by MayaPatch

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

im kinda disappinted only 4 new creatures and none of them will change the meta 😟

Only 4 that were revealed. There's lots more that wasn't revealed and likely they will do more Mysterious Mysteries that will likely include creatures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Neat, hopefully the Fed tek suit can be used even on the current one as a sudo upgrade by making it not cost element.

also breedable basilisks would be nice.

Breedable wyverns were a poop idea fir everyone who wasted weeks in scars getting event eggs. And making basilisks breedable makes all event basilisks worthless. U might as well make phoenix, reaper, griffin, rock drake and everything else breedable and worthless then. The only people who want stuff like that to happen, are people who havent been out for weeks, months looking for high lvl events to tame. Or people who havent stayed up till 4am to tame a phoenix cuz heatwaves dont exist

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3