Which map you would say is the most stable ?

ItWasntMe

I've played every map on unofficial and they all have their problems but here you go;
The Island is laggy due to all the caves on a small map size, but it is fairly stable.

I have had no problems on Scorched Earth, other than some lag with the fancy weather conditions.

Ragnarok is stable now that they fixed the bluescreen areas. It's laggy near the caves and forested areas.

The Center is incredibly laggy, for me, and there is an area near the volcanos that I bluescreen at every single time.

Aberration has some lag when transitioning between zones, obviously, but otherwise was okay except when on a drake and moving too fast for the system to keep up.

Valguero seems to have no issues for me other than some insane lag when loading the aberrant cave area.

Genesis by far has the most issues for me. Even more than Extinction. If you can play on your own unofficial server, it would be worth it though. I bluescreen in the Volcano, in the snow when there's a blizzard, and in the lunar biome when there's a meteor shower. The lag and auditory distortion is insane.

Crystal Isles has been great to me. There was one area between the Green obelisk and the red woods where I bluescreened frequently but it seems to have been fixed. There is some lag, being that it is a HUGE map, however it isn't so bad that I have noticed it much. If you have epilepsy or a seizure disorder, be aware of the snowy area with the lightning (Eldritch Isle). The map is gorgeous though, and has the same engrams as Ragnarok.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, ItWasntMe said:

Im asking because im thinking of leaving extinction......and before someone says they are all the same they are not i have a temp base on island and it doesnt crash like extinction has been.

On Unofficial servers, they're basically all the same. As long as the server is provisioned with computer resources that are enough for the number of people who are actively playing, all of the maps are stable, the quality of the server is what makes the difference for Unofficial servers.

On Official servers it's a different story. WC runs servers that are just barely capable of running a multi-player game, which makes sense when you consider that they don't charge a monthly subscription fee. The Official servers are an expense that they pay for every month and like any business they want to keep that expense to a minimum, so the Official servers are just good enough to run the game, but that's it. The population matters a lot more than the map. An Island server with 50 people actively playing is going to be less stable than an Extinction server with 10 people playing, and so on. If you want maximum stability then pick the maps that tend to have the fewest people actively playing on them at any given time.

Archived