HLN-A new voice actor?

Alvaren

On 11/9/2020 at 9:33 AM, Alvaren said:

ah I found a name finally seems HLN-A will be voiced by Madeleine Madden this time I wonder why the switch I quite liked Amber Lee Connors as HLN-A

Helena is Australian, she is suppose to have an Australian accent. Amber was american. Madeleine australian accent is way more accurate to the character. 

while she is more accurate for the role she just doesn't seem to fit the HLN-A character, in part one she was cheerful, bouncing with joy and was always motivating us with a go get 'em attitude. So far in part 2 from what I've seen from the Genesis Chronicles 2 she just seems depressed and I've seen a lot of others say this in comments on Youtube. I also feel like she won't be able to handle the comedic moments that she had previously I just can't see her calling Rockwell a Drongo like in part one. She seems like a more serious voice actor but not taking this silly role seriously enough. She does seem like a lovely Lady though and I hope I'm completely wrong about all this and she actually lives up to the character that's been established. I can't wait to get more of the Chronicles to see more of her.

• 6 months later...

Tbh I prefer Amber Lee Connors, she really sells a chirpy, lively little robot, and the fact that she has an American accent rather than Helena's Australian one is both amusing and solidifies that HLNA is different from Helena.

Madeleine Madden makes HLNA sound more experienced and mature, and technically she is realistic to the character. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, anguelwyvern said:

i agree amber lee connors was better in my opinion, gave the little robot a kinda cute vibes to it, now it feels more like its just a robot, with no soul ...

anyway to get the original voice back ? (like giving the players a choice between old to new voice ?)

The only way to get the old voice back is to get the old voice actor to record all the new audio. So i'm afraid you'll just have to adjust to the new voice or play with no sound.

• 4 weeks later...

It's like there was no coaching or anything when they rerecorded all the gen1 stuff, so now HLNA feels lobotomized. Emphasis is all wrong and it breaks the immersion, it feels like someone reading a script without understanding any of the context. Hate it. The end result is she now sounds like a psychopath who doesn't care if you live or die.

I don't like the change one bit.

• 7 months later...

Archived