Mammoth no longer good for wood?

caleb68

went to go harvest wood with my mammoth like i always do, and now its hardly getting any wood and getting tons of thatch, is there some key that im missing to change this? there is nothing in the wheels for it for changing harvest types.   

Also where can we find the key bindings for the mammoth & Stego that tell us what the different keys are for them? check official wiki its not updated with any info, in fact it still says mammoths are good for wood.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edit in: Show Drum Radius seems to be broken and doesn't do anything.

The TLC 3 update for mammoth says:

New Attacks
Tusk Sweep

• Sweeps tusks left or right to gather and harvest thatch

Trunk Trumpet

• Emits a trunk roar that does an AOE debuff to all enemies within range

Foot Stomp

• Mammoth rears up and then puts all of its weight into a forward “slam” with its front legs to directionally knock back enemies and gather wood

10 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

went to go harvest wood with my mammoth like i always do, and now its hardly getting any wood and getting tons of thatch, is there some key that im missing to change this? there is nothing in the wheels for it for changing harvest types.   

Also where can we find the key bindings for the mammoth & Stego that tell us what the different keys are for them? check official wiki its not updated with any info, in fact it still says mammoths are good for wood.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edit in: Show Drum Radius seems to be broken and doesn't do anything.

yeah, was thinking the same until i figured that the Stomp Attack is triggered using SPACE on PC. still a decent wood farmer though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 3:01 AM, zero064 said:

The stomp attack is pretty good for wood, especially if you're in a cluster of trees (or at least it was before the TLC).

I'd be disappointed of they made the Mammoth no good for wood. The beaver is better, but I'll take the Mammoth if I'm gathering in a rough neighborhood.

Mammoth is actually better than beaver. Same melee mammoth gets more wood and can carry more. Beaver is only faster.

2 hours ago, Luewen said:

Mammoth is actually better than beaver. Same melee mammoth gets more wood and can carry more. Beaver is only faster.

Yea, I think you're right, but it always feels to me like the beaver does a more efficient job. It goes from tree-to-tree pretty quick and it gets there and back quicker, especially if you're going far enough that an Argentavis can do the transport.

When I build large bases I tend to clear out the nearby wood pretty quick, which makes transport a big deal for me.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

I know the mammoth got a tlc for pvp, but it used to be way better at farming massive amounts of wood. 

What is the point in having 75% reduction on wood if it can barely harvest it?

Did you read the above? The control for wood harvesting changed. Spacebar now does epic harvesting of wood. IMO, it is excellent.

Archived