ARK: Genesis Part 2 Teaser Trailer & TLC Pass 3!

Jatheish

• Administrator

ARK: Genesis Part 2 introduces a vast contiguous world filled with strange new biomes, story missions, and exotic creatures! The final confrontation between the spritely HLN-A and the villainous Sir Edmund Rockwell occurs on a gigantic colony ship traveling through deep space. Players will need to draw on all their ARK experience to succeed. 

1.jpg

ARK's largest Expansion Pack yet has game-changing additions for every kind of Survivor: whether it's taking possession of enemies via brain-controlling "Noglin" creatures, zooming around doing radical tricks on the skateboard-like Hoversail, or managing and viewing your base remotely with security cameras, among tons of other new items and creatures!   

2.jpg

4.jpg

This expansion pack also introduces new voiceover talent to the ARK universe with David Tennant (Doctor Who, Good Omens) playing the villainous Sir Edmund Rockwell, and Madeleine Madden (The Wheel of Time, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Dora and the Lost City of Gold) taking on the in-game robotic AI companion HLN-A/Helena Walker.

6.jpg

3.jpg

But even with HLN-A's help, will your powerful skills, gear, and tames be sufficient to put a stop to Rockwell's demented plans once and for all? We're about to find out because The End is Near!

7.jpg

5.jpg

TLC Pass #3

TLC Pass 3 finds its way marching through the ARK with some tender loving care for some old friends; the Mammoth and Stegosaurus have received varied gameplay and visual upgrades! This update also includes a bunch of Quality of Life changes to make your time on the ARK more enjoyable!

Patch Notes

TLC: Woolly Mammoth

Mammoth_TLC_Promo_HighRes.png

New Abilities
War Drum Saddle and Buff

• 1 additional passenger seat on a saddle that comes equipped with a war drum that must be played to maintain an AoE buff that improves stamina regen and makes them immune to fear.

New Attacks
Tusk Sweep

• Sweeps tusks left or right to gather and harvest thatch

Trunk Trumpet

• Emits a trunk roar that does an AOE debuff to all enemies within range
  • After stepping in water, the next Trunk Trumpet used by the Mammoth will spray the rider with water, hydrating them, removing fire debuffs, and reducing their temperature. 

Foot Stomp

• Mammoth rears up and then puts all of its weight into a forward “slam” with its front legs to directionally knock back enemies and gather wood

Trunk Grab

• Similar to the Karkinos’s grab, it is able to grab, hold, aim and release smaller targets

Stegosaurus

StegoTLC_Promo.png

New Abilities

Backplate Modes

• Backplate passive buff and can switch between three modes. Different modes will be indicated visually
    • Hardened Plated: Applies a damage reduction buff; Wood harvesting benefit
    • Heavy Plate Mode: Applies a slow when attacking with the basic tail whip; Thatch harvesting benefit
    • Sharpened Plate Mode: Applies an armor penetration effect when attacking with the tail whip. Also useful for harvesting berries

New Attacks

• Impaling Tail Whip
    • Able to impale and immobilize players and creatures below a certain health threshold.

Additional notes

• The rider is prevented from dismounting effects and attacks
  • Has a berry weight reduction buff

New Breedable Creatures

ARK  Survival Evolved Super-Resolution 2020.10.23 - 05.17.15.21.jpg

The insects and creatures that can now be bred are: Spider, Onyc, Moth, Scorpion, Arthropluera, Mantis and the mighty Wyverns!

The new (Wyvern are unchanged) hatching/gestation and maturation times are as follows:

Spider

• Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and  25 minutes (Matches Pachy)
  • Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 1 hour, and 1 minute (Matches Dimorph)

Bat 

• Total Gestation Time: 3 hours and 58 minutes (Matches Procoptodon)
  • Total Maturation Time: 1day, 4 hours, and 3 minutes (Matches Kairuku)

Moth

• Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes (Matches Kairuku)
  • Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 6 hours, and 51 minutes (Matches Pegomastax)

Scorpion

• Egg Hatch Time: 1 hour and 59 minutes (Matches Raptor)
  • Total Maturation Time: 1 day, 13 hours, and 12 minutes (Matches Raptor)

Arthropluera

• Egg Hatch Time: 2 hours and 29 minutes (Matches Sarco)
  • Total Maturation Time: 2 days, 3 hours, and 26 minutes (Matches Stego)

Mantis

• Egg Hatch Time: 2 hours and 46 minutes (Matches Stego)
  • Total Maturation Time: 2 days, 6 hours, and 27 minutes (Matches Tapejara)

Creature Quality of Life Changes

In addition to insect breeding, we went back and showed some love to a few of ARK's well-known inhabitants.
Giganotosaurus 

• Reduced maturation time by approximately 15% (Total growth is around 10~ days)

Diplocaulus

• Increased base health by 33% (from 190 to 250.3)
  • Increased movement speed when ridden by 25%

Thylacoleo

• Added a (slow draining) bleed to its basic attack

Megachelon

• Reduced depth requirement for breeding so that it can be bred on other maps

Wyvern

• Wyverns are now breedable (Zombie Wyverns cannot be bred)
  • Slight stat rebalance now that they’re breedable and to bring them in line with Crystal Wyverns

Megalodon

• Reduced gestation/aging times to match Megaloceros
  • Pack Bonus: Damage Reduction and Damage Increase per pack member within range
  • Added a bleed to its basic attack

Jerboa

• Increase base weight capacity from 55 to 120 (Matches Bulbdog)

Ankylosaurus

• Increase metal weight reduction by 10% (from total reduction of 75% to 85%)

Doedicurus

• You can now turn when rolling with a Doed (similarly to the Genesis Race Mission)

Basilisk

• Now has eyes

New Feature: Taming HUD

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2020.10.23 - 00.32.10.78.jpg

Use the interactive taming HUD to monitor your unconscious wild tamable creatures. Keep track of the following:

• Creature's Gender and Level
  • Taming and Unconscious Progress
  • Taming Effectiveness
  • Current Health and Food status.
  • Distance from your location
  • An option to track specific creatures via in-world waypoints (which can be hovered for an over-screen overlay displaying additional information).

ARK  Survival Evolved Screenshot 2020.10.23 - 01.01.40.54.jpg

Boss Element Reward Increase
We’ve decided to increase the Boss Element reward on some maps to bring the Ele more into line with where we’re at with new expansions.

• Element reward from The Island bosses has been increased by 100%
  • Element reward from The Center bosses has been increased by 100%
  • Element reward from Scorched Earth has been increased by 50%

New Feature: Turret Radius Settings

A quick and easy way to update the settings of your nearby turrets within a radius. It’s set to currently match the Official Server Turret Limit radius, but players can also toggle viewing the radius on/off. The current functionality it supports is as follows:

• The ability to set a pin code to all turrets in range
  • The ability to copy settings to all turrets in range
  • The ability to copy settings to pin code-selected turrets in range

The settings which can be copied are: power state, range, targeting, warning

Miscellaneous Fixes & Changes

• Fixed a bug where HLN-A would jitter a lot at low client fps *
  • Fixed a bug which allowed you to blow up 2 pieces of C4 without consuming them *
  • Fixed the Onyx having the wrong icon *
  • Fixed a lot of typos *
  • Fixed a shoulder pet offset issue with the Ferox on the Gigantopithecus *
  • Fixed a bug on localized/translated Cryopods which prevented it from displaying the correct information *
  • Fixed multiple level-design related bugs such as holes, floating foliage, incorrect volumes, etc. *
  • Fixed a bug which prevented you from placing Cliff Platform structures in the Genesis Part 1 Ocean Biome *
  • Fixed a bug which broke biome specific overrides
  • Fixed a bug which allowed players to fly across the map with certain creatures and grappling hooks *
  • Completely disabled the option to set teleporters as Public on Official PvP (including using them). *
  • New Dynamic Ini options: HexagonRewardMultiplier (multiplies hex rewards for missions), BabyImprintAmountMultiplier, and BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier
  • Hotkey for GCM demolished has changed to "G" when using keyboard and mouse *

Please note any notes marked with a  mean that these changes are not in the latest console TLC update, but will make it there when we next update the clients.

EVO Event: Extra Life!

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

As we reach various donation goals, we will increase the Official Server Network rates this weekend. If you're an ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile survivor, you're in luck! Our friends over at Grove Street Games will be matching our final rates for at least 24 hours at the close of our stream at 10 am PST on Sunday, November 8th. We'll also be extending the event past the regular 24 hours as a gesture towards those with slower connections who may be downloading for a portion of the livestream.

If you are interested in joining our team to help raise money, we'd love to have you! Check out this link for more information on how to get started.  All donations go to the Extra Life organization and contribute to raising the Official Network rates!

d9936b0845e8c69f80db88dc94339e3e.png

For specialized game modes, we'll be using the rates below:

225bfeac5cc408c416847260e9063bd1.png

Tune in to our crazy Extra Life event at www.twitch.tv/survivetheark until 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET Sunday, November 8 for additional content reveals for ARK: Genesis II and boosted rates as the community meets fundraising goals, while the game also continues its Free Weekend on the Steam Store where anyone can hop in and play!

Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Like 1

Well, with David Tennant you totally got me. He's my fav actor! When I heard him (i didn't watch the live since the beginning) i was like "What, Tennant? Omg Rockwell is going to have a sonic screwdriver, we are screwed!" 

Jokes aside, well done! I didn't expect that! My fav actor that gives his voice to my fav Ark character! 

I can't wait to play this Expansion, really! I'm so hyped lol 

ih, and that lion... I want it. Now xD

Edited by MayaPatch

I bought the Season Pass the moment Gen 1 came out. (Didnt get my cosmetics but oh well) So rockwell wants another go? That son of a bitch gave me a real run for my money on Aberration on Alpha. And again in Gen1. Now he plants to break my determination again? This game has beaten me senseless time and time again. It has broken my spirit a few times but i still completed every main story map without the help of outsider dinos (but outsider items). I finally beat this game and rockwell wants to claw the nail right out? Thats fine. Cause i'll hammer it in twice as hard!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, asmatolchik said:

I'm the only one worried about the quote "The End is Near"?
I would like to know that this is not the last DLC and that work on the Ark will continue ...

I know you do man but we gotta be honest here. They are really bad at programming. These aren't complains im just telling you that it is extremely likely that Gen2 will be the very last DLC map they make. They break alot of stuff and they take a good long while to fix them. Every time they release a map it always has alot of game breaking issues. They have to end their and our own torment. So its gotta be done. I dont wanna see them go too but once Gen2 comes out. Its extremely highly possible they'll touch up the game one or two more times (thats highly generous) and thats it. They'll be done