New lag when you open the xfer window it takes a few seconds to see your uploads

sjskdjkfa

Today it almost cost me a wyvern - as I had uploaded it almost 24 hours ago, and when I opened the window to download him, and didn't see my cryo in there... I almost immediately escaped out of the inventory in anger and frustration. However I paused to think, surely it hadn't been more than 24 hours? Surely I hadn't downloaded it and forgot? Then it showed up! Anyways this is a bad place to have lag in my opinion. But I'm guessing it's due to some new back end server crap. Perhaps some new system to ensure transfers don't delete your crap? If so that'd out way my concerns, lag it up if it keeps my stuff from actually disappearing. I'll just have to train my brain to be patient and not assume uploads are gone.

yeah this is typical ark. "claim to fix issues", followed by current game issues + the "new fix" = worse condition than the game was in before the update.

generally its pretty safe to follow this. i had the same problem with getting stuck in the xfer window. i had the same scare. 

in short, dont transfer right before or after updates to be safe. 

I just uploaded a stack of crystal right after opening the inventory (before other items already uploaded appeared) and when the lag window ended my stack was not there. And when I went to the next server to dl all the stuff, and opened the window, and waited two min said stack was still missing. So don't upload during the lag. FANTASTIC JOB WILD CARD! I'm gonna need to stop transferring things, this is driving me insane.

14 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I just uploaded a stack of crystal right after opening the inventory (before other items already uploaded appeared) and when the lag window ended my stack was not there. And when I went to the next server to dl all the stuff, and opened the window, and waited two min said stack was still missing. So don't upload during the lag. FANTASTIC JOB WILD CARD! I'm gonna need to stop transferring things, this is driving me insane.

i think someone mentioned it might be a bad idea to transfer right before and after an update.

41 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

i think someone mentioned it might be a bad idea to transfer right before and after an update.

What update? Are you talking about the inventory updating its content? Your prior coment bla bla fix issues bla bla before the update, appears to be talking about game update. This lag I'm talking about is in game and has nothing to do with updates. Like... I'm not getting booted from the game and installing an update and immediately launching back in and transferring stuff within seconds of the update...

9 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

What update? Are you talking about the inventory updating its content? Your prior coment bla bla fix issues bla bla before the update, appears to be talking about game update. This lag I'm talking about is in game and has nothing to do with updates. Like... I'm not getting booted from the game and installing an update and immediately launching back in and transferring stuff within seconds of the update...

if you actually look at the main page, or follow twitter, or go to the pc update section, you will see current updates. 

#research is hard (not)

7 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

if you actually look at the main page, or follow twitter, or go to the pc update section, you will see current updates. 

#research is hard (not)

So you ARE talking about the game updating. I reiterate the lag I'm talking about has nothing to do with that. If research is so hard (not) go do some. Make sure the game isn't updating, go to a drop, put some berries in the ark data window, exit out, go back in, now it takes more time for the ark data window to "update" (other update) its content. That window used to populate nearly instantly and now every time it's taking up to two minutes, and this lag window is eating items.

48 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

So you ARE talking about the game updating. I reiterate the lag I'm talking about has nothing to do with that. If research is so hard (not) go do some. Make sure the game isn't updating, go to a drop, put some berries in the ark data window, exit out, go back in, now it takes more time for the ark data window to "update" (other update) its content. That window used to populate nearly instantly and now every time it's taking up to two minutes, and this lag window is eating items.

He obviously means before / after updates (even by a few days) 

Archived