maturation Questions About Raising Gacha Babies

oflow

So I’m trying to raise some gacha babies and so far have been unsuccessful. I’m on official pve.

the first couple I just flew blind on and failed miserably. I was trying to hand feed them in the early stage I couldn’t feed them fast enough and they died.

The third I watched pretty closely and started to realize they have a different sort of feedng mechanic.

I got that one to around 70% but it died when I had to goto work and I made the mistake of thinking I had enough food in three tek troughs for it to stay alive til I got home. It didn’t. Probably would have been successful if I had podded it til I had time to watch it again.

After that I watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of Reddit stuff about them but I’m still not really clear on the feeding mechanics since there’s a lot of conflicting info out there.

I did realize that my two adult gachas appeared to be feeding the baby from their inventory just observing it. I usually feed mine a combination of stone, owl pellets and z seeds.

I also realized that this stops if the adults go into stasis. 

Since I didn’t really know what I was doing I threw out a bunch of stone that the baby also picked up and I parked a few owls near the baby as well.

My question is what is the proper procedure to raise a baby gacha?

Some people are saying don’t feed them at all just stay in render rage of them until they hit juvie and they feed off the trough. Others say they should be good once they get on the trough.

I don’t really have the time to sit in render range and watch it the entire time, so preferably I am looking for a way to trough feed them after juvie but keep them from dying.

How many troughs would one need for me to be away for 10 hours on normal rates?

and what is the best food to keep in troughs for them?

Thanks!

Unfortunately this may not be of much help for you but just incase. I've fully bred gachas with 0 issue having fed them no food or having any adults nearby. I literally just keep them in render. Only issue I had with that is if they arent old enough (I think ~5%) and you uncryo them they won't "eat" until they wake up so being so young they will starve.

I tried raising baby gacha and found it too tedious.

Their production types are totally random, meaning they won't get production types of the parents, they can have any production type any other gacha can have. 

I found it easier just to head out and tame gacha till i get what i want, then clone those gacha after getting a matching pair to make production sets.

spacing gacha with 16 foundation spaces between a matched pair seems to keep them happy and at full production levels.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, GrumpyBear said:

there is no way to riase them w/out having one account logged in and waiting by them.  So either get a friend, give up your real life, or buy a second pc/laptop to log in and stay by the babies.  Otherwise, do what normal people do - clone the ones w/ the resources you want.

Yeah I actually raised about 8 of them during the charity event so that takes care of that I guess. I guess that’s the only real time to raise them easily. But it would be nice if the mechanic was more clearly defined.

Edit: so basically for anyone looking for answers on this top the way to raise a baby gacha is just to stay in render range of it the entire time and don’t have it near any troughs.

you don’t have to feed them at all but when you leave render range they stop eatting in stasis and die.

Podding them is an option if you play pve since there’s no cryo sickness on pve. So if you have to leave your base or goto work etc pod them and only I pod them if you can stay in render range.

it’s a really tedious process with no clear definition in game and like others said it’s probably easier to just clone them or tame them until you get the resources you are looking for.

Two musts for a reliable gacha raise:

1) No troughs in range, at all. They will feed themselves.

2) As others said, don't derender them. 

I had success raising to junior without any trough near, then I could render and de render no problem (just don't leave render for hours) I think once they touch a trough it goes down hill from there. Ive never had to actually feed my gachas (even on official rates raise) 

Archived