roleplay The Lafa Journals: Day 1

Lafarien

It has been three days since I woke up on this beach. I can't remember how I got there, or frankly who I am. The first thing I remember is waking up. As I stirred, I heard the sound of the waves rolling up the beach and could smell the sea air. My senses seemed foggy, I looked over my body and I was naked, except for something implanted in my left arm.  Confusion escalated to fear, I grabbed and scratched at the thing in my arm, and I realized this was all too real. 

I decided to get up and take a look around. To my dismay, there was nothing that sparked any memory as to where I was or how I had gotten there. I chose a direction and decided to walk.  Even though the sun was high, the sands were cool. My feet moved with the rhythmic sound of the waves. The sounds of chirping broke me from my hypnotic trance. I realized how my legs ached and my mouth was dry.  I stopped and looked for the causes of the chirping, but  I couldn't spot a single bird in the trees or flying around. I looked inland to see movement from the bushes amongst the tree line.  I quickly hid behind some rocks and kept lookout for the thing in the bushes. Seconds later a large dopey looking bird came waddling out of the bushes followed by four other birds. They seemed oblivious to their surroundings as they made their way towards the ocean. They passed by the rock I was hiding behind, one stopped and took at me. It let out a loud squawk before just turning and continuing to walk with its group. Curious, I walked with the birds. They remained oblivious to my presence, I even shoved one out of line and it just regained its footing and continued like nothing happened. I continued to follow them in hopes they'd lead me to water or some sort of food source. I must have looked like a madman following these strange birds down the beach like I was part of their flock. 

Eventually we came to a river, I broke rank with the birds to go taste the river's water. I kneeled down and took a small draw from the river, it was fresh! I took two more long gulps before standing back up. I notice my bird companions drink from the water and turn around and follow their path back the way we just came. I was going to follow them, but I noticed some sort of structure up the river. As I got closer I could tell this was a manmade structure! Although my legs were tired, I broke into a run. I made it to the structure and began to look around. The door to it was broken down and bits of thatch and fiber were everywhere. There was a single box inside. It had a primitive looking lock on it, but it was already busted. I looked inside and found a set of patchwork pants and a shirt. I also found this notebook and writing utensils. Sadly there was only a handful of berries and a water skin.

I would have explored more, but it was getting late. The sun was setting and I figured rest was needed. 

-Lafa

Archived