Trying to decide between two mods for my game: The Hunted vs Transcendence

FennecFyre

What I'm primarily looking for is a mod that will impact the behavior of dinos, and make them behave a little more like real-world wild animals. Granted I haven't played in a long time, but in my experience, vanilla herbivores seem to wander alone, completely oblivious to predators up until the very moment something is chewing on them, and carnivores seem to be on a neverending rampage, killing everything that moves until they're killed themselves. I understand why the dino pathfinding AI is so basic, but they feel more like robots than living things.

I'm currently looking at two different mods: The Hunted, and Transcendence. Both look very cool and I'm not trying to decide which one is necessarily better, I'm just trying to figure out which one will be closer to what I'm looking for. I like the early-game survival focus in Hunted, as well as the grouping/reactive herbivores and the ability to steal eggs to raise, but it also seems to amp up carno aggression, which isn't what I'm looking for. For Transcendence, I like the mood system, extra animations, and hunger system for carnivores. If anyone on here has used either mod (or both), what are your experiences with it?

• 9 months later...

Archived