Community Crunch 245: Extra Life, Free Weekend, and More!

StudioWildcard

Ark_Gen2_Haloween_SteamThumbnail_800x450.jpg

Get ready, our 24-hour Extra Life stream is approaching on November 7th at 10AM PST. We're anxious to beat or prior year record of $112,206.35 and see what good we can do for the kids through gaming and giving. 

We'll be coming to you live from our Seattle Studio to bring 24 hours of entertainment, giveaways, Collector’s Edition boxes, game keys, and much more! You don't want to miss out because at the top of the hour, every hour, we will be sharing juicy Genesis 2 details and teasers.  If you want to know what's in store for Genesis II, be sure to tune in!

2CF02912112ED13F0AC503C9175956EE2B479166

Extra Life Events and Activities

• Genesis updates from the ARK team every hour!
  • IRL games and mischief
  • ARK developer interviews
  • Updates from the ARK Modding Community
  • Official server rates bonuses as we reach our donation goals

Extra Life Donation Rewards

• Studio Wildcard Goodie Bags!
  • Sponsor Giveaways!
  • Collector's Editions periodically throughout the Extra Life stream!
  • Genesis Season Pass giveaway periodically throughout the Extra Life stream!
  • ARK:Mobile Giveaways!
  • Milestones for increased ARK rates until end of Extra Life
  • Every person that donates to our team will receive a special SurviveTheARK forum badge (redeemable by a code via email). Donators over $500 USD will receive a special gold version badge!
  • Donations over $2,500 USD will be added to the ARK permanently as "Extra Life Superfan"

As we reach various donation goals, we will increase the Official Server Network rates. If you're an ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile survivor, you're in luck!  Our friends over at Grove Street Games will be matching our final rates for at least 24 hours at the close of our stream at 10am PST on Sunday, November 8th.  We'll be extending the event past the regular 24 hours as a gesture towards those with slower connections who may be downloading for a portion of the livestream.

If you are interested in joining our team to help raise money, we'd love to have you!  Check out this link for more information on how to get started.  All donations go to the Extra Life organization and contribute to raising the Official Network rates!

d9936b0845e8c69f80db88dc94339e3e.png

For specialized game modes, we'll be using the rates below:

225bfeac5cc408c416847260e9063bd1.png

Tender Loving Care 3

November 7th also marks the date that the Tender Loving Care 3 update will be reaching PC, Xbox, and PS4. Aside from the dedicated reworks of the Stego and Mammoth you may have seen in prior Community Crunches, we’ve added a bunch of Quality of Life changes to make your time on the ARK more enjoyable.  Check out the thread below for more information:

We'll be keeping you up to date as we hit our donation goals and increase rates on the Official Network but we'd love for the entire community to come and hang out with us while we raise money for a great cause.  Pop a squat in our Official Discord or hang out in our Twitch chat when the action starts.  

Steam: Free-to-Play Weekend!

ARK-Genesis-Key-Art-Gaming-Cypher.png

Looking to expand your tribe? Introduce your friends to the world of ARK for free from Thursday, November 5th until Monday, November 9th.

Begin your quest for survival with a free-play weekend!

Steam Sale

ARK_Steam_FreeWeekendSale2020_1920x1080.jpg

Wishing for an ARK sale on Steam? Your wish is our command!

Grab ARK for up to 75% off as part of the Steam sale!

Xbox Super Saver Sale

ARK_XB1_SuperSaver2020_1920x1080.jpg

If you're looking to complete your ARK collection on Xbox, now is the time.  ARK is up to 80% off until November 9th as part of the Xbox Super Saver Sale!

Complete your ARK collection with the Xbox Super Saver Sale!

New Sponsored Mods

SOTF 2: Revival Mod

large.SOTFRevival.jpg

SOTF 2: Revival Mod is a community effort to pick up where SOTF left off. The team has made many QoL changes based on community efforts and even hosts tournaments! If you were a fan of the original SOTF, this community made revival may be just what you are looking for!

Check out SOTF 2: Revival Mod

HGBuild

large.HGBuild.jpg

[HG]Hulk has created a lot of utility and other mods with very focused scopes. Now they have added a wonderful set of clean futuristic building pieces. prefabricated structures, domed rooms, and clean line architecture everywhere. 
A e s t h e t i c

Check out HG Build

ARK Chaos Creator

large.ChaosCreator.jpg

ARK Chaos Creator is a unique addition to the sponsorship program; this isn't just a mod for ARK, the Chaos Creator mod will open a line from a twitch stream right to the game. Stream viewers can influence the game for the streamer either making things more difficult, giving them useful (Or sometimes ridiculously chaotic) gifts, or spawning a bunch of mayhem directly on top of them. There is also a version in the works to allow content creators to use channel points instead of bits if they choose.

Check out ARK Chaos Creator

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event on November 7th 10AM PST.  See above for details on the Extra Life event and specifics on the rates.   

Fan Art

Dont Move! by sis_6193

ElLDMkiUcAA2e7k.jpg

Titano Taming Pen by ThePilgrim

El51VFUXEAQhDU1.jpg

Megalosaurus (Night Hunter) by GuidiNox

night_hunter_by_guidinox_de82jyq-fullview.jpg

Raptor Shrine by skywalker81 (Discord)

raptorshrine.jpg

Dodowyvern by nezuyu

download (2).jpg

We can't wait to see you for Extra Life on November 7th!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

Can you guys please fix the wyverns? Ever since Fear Evolved started there have been no ice wyverns spawning anywhere, including on Valguero in their dedicated trench. Only fire wyverns have been spawning. Also, there have been NO alpha fire wyverns spawning at all, on Ragnarok or on Scorched Earth as far as I have heard. Some of us will be raising entire barns of wyverns and the lack of alphas makes getting food for them much harder.

I've also heard that tek trikes still aren'ty working right on other maps; I myself cannot yet confirm as I have yet to get any of my own. Could you look into that, too, please?

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Can you guys please fix the wyverns? Ever since Fear Evolved started there have been no ice wyverns spawning anywhere, including on Valguero in their dedicated trench. Only fire wyverns have been spawning. Also, there have been NO alpha fire wyverns spawning at all, on Ragnarok or on Scorched Earth as far as I have heard. Some of us will be raising entire barns of wyverns and the lack of alphas makes getting food for them much harder.

I've also heard that tek trikes still aren'ty working right on other maps; I myself cannot yet confirm as I have yet to get any of my own. Could you look into that, too, please?

There are also wild fire wyverns spawning in the wasteland on extinction ive never seen any wild non-croupeted wyverns on extinction

2 minutes ago, Stonecoldkiller said:

There are also wild fire wyverns spawning in the wasteland on extinction ive never seen any wild non-croupeted wyverns on extinction

I've heard that's the result of them changing something to make more ghost and bone creatures spawn. But I dunno. Have also heard it makes for easy milk runs on Extinction

Do they need to restart the servers every time they change rates? In that case there will be many restarts😂

Please don’t spoil the whole genesis part 2 for us now Wildcard, save something!

I know its volunteer to watch but spoilers is hard to avoid anyway.

I liked your early days approach better with the Mysterious Mysteries.

At least the teasers are given for a good cause. Lets break that record!✌️

• Thanks 1

Will Fear Evolved 4 event be fixed so we could use it later? I mean specifically the issue with spawning normal creatures instead of corrupted or Tek. 135 normal Giganotosauruses on Extinction and 0 Corrupted, Fire Wyverns instead of Corrupted counterparts. Lunar biome with 1200 normal Trikes instead of Tek. And so on. I thought you guys said it should have been fixed in a patch.

The event isn't so exciting to play with such issues. A lesser solution would be to add FE4 chibis to the lootitemset so they could be obtained in other event. Will the Dodowyvern remain in game files so we can tame Zombie Wyverns later on? You did say Zombie Wyverns will be permanent tames. Would it be possible to keep Dodowyvern too?

In the previous Crunch I asked about the ini option to adjust Hexagon Rewards Multiplier on Unofficial Servers. Just like you are going to do on the stream with Officials. Could you tell us the config line please?

As much as I can’t wait for the TLC and extra life to drop I’m not at all looking forward to the fiasco that is more than likely going to happen from the TLC update.  Something is going to break somewhere, mark my words.  Dropping an update on the same day as an event such as extra life is such a bad idea.  We play the game and see what happens during and after updates.  Please for the love of all things holy delay the TLC update, so we can all enjoy the extra life rates and focus on the reason for the event, donate to the charity and working on breaking the record of last year!  

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Allanballan said:

Aha ok I suspected something like this. Is these dynamic configs also available for unofficial servers?

I believe in a recent Community Crunch they mentioned something about introducing them but gradually. I don't think it works with rates yet on unofficial but they may add that later. I think it was a few weeks back it was mentioned.

• Thanks 1