What are the best tanks?

TheAnonymous

So In my opinion For tanking just damage and not turrets, rexes are great because their health goes up 1200 each time you lvl their health. Brontos are great but their health does not lvl up well. Gigas are kinda trash. Waste of darts. a well bred rex will have more health and melee then a tamed giga. My best rex is fully mutated and imprinted with 70k hp and does 2.5k dmg. 7th gen. Turtles are good too. I really want to know though what the BEST tanker is. I already know that stegos have resestance to bullets making them ideal for tanking turrets. (Forgive my terrible spelling)

Gasbags has damage reduction while inflated, Rock Elemental has innate damage reduction. Both can wear saddles on top of that. Rock Elementals don't take "elemental" damage like poison, fire, lightning, and I'm sure blood/tropical breath also don't work. I think Gasbags is the dino that can reach the highest damage reduction in the entire game. 

Stego is getting a new ability like tomorrow. Not sure how that will make it pan out but hold your judgment on that. 

Magmasaur is immune to fire. That can be utilized. You could tank dragon while others attack it.

Megaloceros take reduced damage from flying dinos. Not sure how much. A good, imprinted and mutated megaloceros could reach high amounts of health. High end saddles and saddle BP easily available from deep water red drops. 

Megachelon can have insane amounts of health. Getting a good saddle for it might be a bit of an investment unless you're lucky. 

High quality MEK with the shield attatchment. It both adds 20 armor to the MEK, and gives a shield ability that buffs you and debuffs enemies. Shield attatchment has durability. If you can manage to get a MOMI then that gives 25 armor without dura. It woulnd't stand up to your rex, but has ranged attacks and "flight", plus good turning radius.

Reaper. Can't wear a saddle, but has innate damage reduction to make up for it, and can easily reach very high health. The upside is that it can also do substantial damage and has a good knockback and good movement utility. 

Some choices are rather niche, the first two are good all around. Lastly, if you can tame it, Forest Titan :P He has a shield ability. 

Archived