BeaverLake!

FireStormRising

Hidden / Pearl Lake is always a nice place to farm cementing paste in my single player game, since I can often find 2-4 beavers most days....

However, today was a special day.  I've never seen anything like it and it may not seem impressive to some players....but I think this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. 

6D6FDE90C30CF801DC02091F18DC0CAC88AD21F9

I counted up to 23 beavers, but they didn't stop moving, so I'm pretty sure I missed a few.  Lol

And lift a glass to the poor wayward Sarco that spawned I to the middle of the lake.  Bless his heart.  He didn't stand a chance.  It was over in seconds. 

I'm located in Hidden Lake, I moved my base to the South end and left the North end free so beavers spawn... it's truly an amazing setup. Tons of wood and CP from gathering dams, plus, if a high level beaver spawn, its actually pretty good base defense.

In return, I try to protect them so they can do their thing.

Quite a nice relationship the beavers and I have.

34 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Ha, good luck gathering from those dams! 

Lol. Very true. And I am definitely not that brave or daring or foolish.

I'm only enjoying the view. I thought about force taming the hole lot and taking them for a walk.....on aggressive. Unfortunately, I don't really want to disrupt the whole set up.  I guess I'm just weird. ;)

The  server I'm on has an agreement to not build near beaver spawns.  So far everyone has abided by that rule, the one guy who built beside the dam spawn was offered a dino (lvl 96 carno female)and he moved .  So it's really worked out well..  also we have a dump the dam rule if you take from it ya have to destroy it so other don't waste their time investigating mostly empty dams.. 

8 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

Ha, good luck gathering from those dams! 

Pretty easy tbh. Use a quetz and get as close as you can to them. Face the dam and hop off as you do you should enter the dams inv immediately where you can just take all. Can then crouch and get back on the quetz and move along. Atm the beavers can't hit anything 2 in above their heads. I use the same tactic on those in the water. My quetzal's belly is partially in the water and the beavers don't even touch him they just go crazy swimming below. Other dinos can hit him but the beavers can't.

13 hours ago, RilyHaryToze said:

Pretty easy tbh. Use a quetz and get as close as you can to them. Face the dam and hop off as you do you should enter the dams inv immediately where you can just take all. Can then crouch and get back on the quetz and move along. Atm the beavers can't hit anything 2 in above their heads. I use the same tactic on those in the water. My quetzal's belly is partially in the water and the beavers don't even touch him they just go crazy swimming below. Other dinos can hit him but the beavers can't.

Good advice  Unfortunately, I do not have a Quetz at this point in my single player game.  I don't want to force tame one and my parachuting and shooting skills appear to be very dismal at this point.  Apparently, solo taming one of these is not in my current skill set   I'll have to try again at some point.....when my ego can handle the heartbreak   Lol

:) 

Unless it's been changed, you can force more beavers to spawn there. If you build a pen on some of those low cliffs where the dams sometimes appear and pick up the beavers and drop them in there, they wont despawn, but more will spawn to take their place around the water. In the private server I was playing on I built two seperate pen overflowing with beavers, and just as many swimming around in the lake. It got a bit ridiculous actually when I'd touch a dam and see a horde of them running at me

9 hours ago, Sajiri said:

Unless it's been changed, you can force more beavers to spawn there. If you build a pen on some of those low cliffs where the dams sometimes appear and pick up the beavers and drop them in there, they wont despawn, but more will spawn to take their place around the water. In the private server I was playing on I built two seperate pen overflowing with beavers, and just as many swimming around in the lake. It got a bit ridiculous actually when I'd touch a dam and see a horde of them running at me

I didn't do anything to the lake area.  It's actually the first time visited it in this current single player game.  23 plus is more than enough. Lol. 

I also found another cache of about 15 beavers in the south near a swamp access point. 

The time is now. The Beavers have become organized and are breeding and slowly displacing all the Dinos on the map.  This is most certainly the first step in a hostile takeover.  You have been warned!  

;)

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:10 AM, FireStormRising said:

Good advice  Unfortunately, I do not have a Quetz at this point in my single player game.  I don't want to force tame one and my parachuting and shooting skills appear to be very dismal at this point.  Apparently, solo taming one of these is not in my current skill set   I'll have to try again at some point.....when my ego can handle the heartbreak   Lol

:) 

A very good strategy for solo-taming a quetzal involves a high level scorpion with tons of melee. Set it to aggressive, and pick him up with your Argy, then fly directly in front of the Quetzal. It will take a few minutes, so hopefully your Argy has enough stamina. It's very effective, and is how my tribe tamed our first 3 quetzals. All were solo-tamed with this strategy. :)

Archived