Faster industrial forges

Seruum

Suggestion

title says it all, we need faster forges. as it stands a full forge with 1 slot for gas can craft 14850 metal ingots, this takes 4.125 hours to complete. you can comfortably fill 10 forges before the first is finished smelting. i have seen suggestions of tek furnaces but i think since these furnace speeds have not been updated and we have had multiple resource multipliers since early days of ark this needs to be updated. this would also significantly reduce real estate usage around resource spawns. 

7 replies to this server topic

For my purposes, one refining forge is enough, especially with Scrap Metal. Even two or three seems like overkill, but I'm not part of a big tribe so maybe I'm just not using as much metal. In any case, I'd probably just make more furnaces, as if you distribute 1 Forge worth of metal among 5 Forges, it will smelt faster. 

6 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

For my purposes, one refining forge is enough, especially with Scrap Metal. Even two or three seems like overkill, but I'm not part of a big tribe so maybe I'm just not using as much metal. In any case, I'd probably just make more furnaces, as if you distribute 1 Forge worth of metal among 5 Forges, it will smelt faster. 

making 5 forges is the problem. it shouldn't be needed and uses server resources that we all know are desperately needed for other things. do we really need more buildings/structures on servers? keep in mind also for those on aberration servers metal is really the only viable resource to trade. aberration rider dinos that are server unique are not breedable (rock drake, reaper and basalisks). element can more easily be farmed on other servers and even gems can be farmed more efficiently on extinction. 

On 11/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, Seruum said:

i am 100% down with the idea of tek forge. the idea of having 4 options for the exact same item does seem a little much though. if a tek forge is introduced i would like to see it run off the generator or alt fuels like the skiff so aberration players can use element ore to power it. my point is that since early access the forge has evolved from the old 50 stacks to now 100 stacks and now metal stacks to 300 and that is nice but the rates being 4x what they were in early access should mean smelting speeds should also have gotten a bump. i think a forge of this size should be finished in about an hour and not 4+ hours. i do like your way of thinking though and the 4 forges would be nice since industrial forges do take up a considerable amount of space.

Honestly with all the Tek items added and the resources needed to craft them, a Tek Forge just makes sense. Plus, like I said, it fills in a progressional step by creating a top tier item. 

The "Modern Forge" would just be a bridge between the started Refining Forge and the Industrial Forge. They are so different in size, capacity, and ability... it just feels to me like a step is missing. 

Plus, as someone who primarily plays solo now - though I do play on maps in tribes as well - having something that can craft a little more, but not take up as much space would be perfect. I simply don't have a need for something as large as the industrial forge and honestly, the refining forge is just too slow. 

On 11/10/2020 at 2:49 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

Honestly with all the Tek items added and the resources needed to craft them, a Tek Forge just makes sense. Plus, like I said, it fills in a progressional step by creating a top tier item. 

The "Modern Forge" would just be a bridge between the started Refining Forge and the Industrial Forge. They are so different in size, capacity, and ability... it just feels to me like a step is missing. 

Plus, as someone who primarily plays solo now - though I do play on maps in tribes as well - having something that can craft a little more, but not take up as much space would be perfect. I simply don't have a need for something as large as the industrial forge and honestly, the refining forge is just too slow. 

yea i can see your reasoning, would be nice to see some mid tier things going out. 

7 hours ago, Seruum said:

making 5 forges is the problem. it shouldn't be needed and uses server resources that we all know are desperately needed for other things. do we really need more buildings/structures on servers? keep in mind also for those on aberration servers metal is really the only viable resource to trade. aberration rider dinos that are server unique are not breedable (rock drake, reaper and basalisks). element can more easily be farmed on other servers and even gems can be farmed more efficiently on extinction. 

Perhaps, but making forges more efficient insentivizes building more, because you'll get even more metal. 

Rather than adjusting the speed of the Industrial Forge of the official game mode, I would rather the following;

• Introduce the Tek Forge as a Tek Tier item. 
    • It would be a progressional step that the game has missed by not following through on completing tiers for needed/necessary storage, decorative, and crafting stations. 
    • It could cost more, have more line items, and cook items down faster running off some form of element separate from a generator to limit the chance of burning through what is set and available in the generator. (example Shards or Dust added to the forge itself)
    • It would fit in visually with the other Tek Tier items and fall into line with them. 
  • Introduce the Modern Forge (resembles the Industrial Forge from Primitive Plus+)
    • It would add a progressional step between the Refining Forge and the Industrial Forge. 
    • It would add a medium sized Forge for those that do not need the upgrade to the Industrial Forge or are building in a smaller area and the size of the Industrial is too large. 
    • It would cook down ingots faster than the refining forge but slower than the industrial forge. 
    • It could run off of the coal from Primitive Plus if it were added, or to use something existing in the game; Spark Powder, Oil, or Gasoline. 

Doing as suggested adds to the progressive steps of the forge, adds a few more options to fit situations as need, and adds to the variety of building/base designs based on the size of the structure(s)

6 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Rather than adjusting the speed of the Industrial Forge of the official game mode, I would rather the following;

• Introduce the Tek Forge as a Tek Tier item. 
    • It would be a progressional step that the game has missed by not following through on completing tiers for needed/necessary storage, decorative, and crafting stations. 
    • It could cost more, have more line items, and cook items down faster running off some form of element separate from a generator to limit the chance of burning through what is set and available in the generator. (example Shards or Dust added to the forge itself)
    • It would fit in visually with the other Tek Tier items and fall into line with them. 
  • Introduce the Modern Forge (resembles the Industrial Forge from Primitive Plus+)
    • It would add a progressional step between the Refining Forge and the Industrial Forge. 
    • It would add a medium sized Forge for those that do not need the upgrade to the Industrial Forge or are building in a smaller area and the size of the Industrial is too large. 
    • It would cook down ingots faster than the refining forge but slower than the industrial forge. 
    • It could run off of the coal from Primitive Plus if it were added, or to use something existing in the game; Spark Powder, Oil, or Gasoline. 

Doing as suggested adds to the progressive steps of the forge, adds a few more options to fit situations as need, and adds to the variety of building/base designs based on the size of the structure(s)

i am 100% down with the idea of tek forge. the idea of having 4 options for the exact same item does seem a little much though. if a tek forge is introduced i would like to see it run off the generator or alt fuels like the skiff so aberration players can use element ore to power it. my point is that since early access the forge has evolved from the old 50 stacks to now 100 stacks and now metal stacks to 300 and that is nice but the rates being 4x what they were in early access should mean smelting speeds should also have gotten a bump. i think a forge of this size should be finished in about an hour and not 4+ hours. i do like your way of thinking though and the 4 forges would be nice since industrial forges do take up a considerable amount of space.

Archived