When were you guys first introduced to the game?

AppalachianAardvark

Visiting a friend, looked over his shoulder and saw he was mostly standing around in his base, asked what he was doing and he said basically leveling up, and rendering things so things happened, and then he took me on a tour and showed how the outside was sneaky under trees and against a cliff, and mentioned how he while standing around earlier was also defending pvp attacks. I found the whole thing fairly intriguing.

March of 2017. A friend I played COD: BOP 3, Battlefield 1, and Rainbow 6 with hadn't jumped on anything for awhile. 

He starts sending me pics of this new game. After a few days I buy and download it. Jump on a Center map. Run around. Hate the lag and log off. 

After another week he invites me to start a tribe with him on an Island server.  

I join because playing R6 without him was getting boring. Soon I was crazy about the game. 6 hour sessions were common (never played more than 3 with first person shooters, only Madden had longer sessions). He left the game after about 2 months but I've been hooked since. 

November 2016. Someone in a Facebook gaming group posted a picture. I asked what game it was and he said Ark. I wanted to know what it's about and he said " It's like Minecraft , just way more advanced ". I will never forget that. Well being a Minecraft fan myself I decided that I had to check this game out then. And here I am still playing it and enjoying it.

Randomly found on Steam, watched the trailer and thought that I had to try it. Bought it for two of my friends (who didn't last more than the first day), ended up watching Solo Gaming Guides on basically how to do most things, good entry into everything, then put it down for about nearly 3 years LOL. Picked it back up recently and haven't put it down for quite a while!

I think I played the 10 hour preview on xbox previously, not really sure when. 

But only started playing in march this year properly, when I was furloughed from work. During furlough I was averaging about 8 hrs a day lol. 

So I'm a still a newbie in general terms. I have bought all the dlc but I have exclusively played the island, apart from a few quick but nightmarish moments unlocking engrams in other maps. Going to wait until I  have done the alpha dragon and tek cave before moving on to the  dlc maps. I think.

Archived