Is it impossible to block pirahna spawns?

MayonnaisePlease

2 hours ago, zero064 said:

I've never found them to be that much trouble (never built a base around them though).

Why not just build ceilings or some structure over top of the river, so it's completely covered?

The ceiling thing would be a good idea, the problem with them is they will agro at stuff standing in the water but (most) of the animals for some reason wont fight back most of the time, they just stand there till they're eaten.

On 11/3/2020 at 9:21 PM, Cowgirl said:

The ceiling thing would be a good idea, the problem with them is they will agro at stuff standing in the water but (most) of the animals for some reason wont fight back most of the time, they just stand there till they're eaten.

That does sound strange, foundations should stop them from spawning.

Question, are the dinos on Passive or Neutral?

My thought would be to build a water pen, or basically just put down some dino gates to enclose part of the river, then put a couple of fish-eating dino's like baryonyx into your enclosed pen with their aggression set on Neutral.

12 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

That does sound strange, foundations should stop them from spawning.

Question, are the dinos on Passive or Neutral?

My thought would be to build a water pen, or basically just put down some dino gates to enclose part of the river, then put a couple of fish-eating dino's like baryonyx into your enclosed pen with their aggression set on Neutral.

When it happens to me they are almost always on neutral, spinos dont do it, cause theyre water dinos, but like my giga, sometimes he reacts but often he doesnt and he will just stand there getting chomped. 

8 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

When it happens to me they are almost always on neutral, spinos dont do it, cause theyre water dinos, but like my giga, sometimes he reacts but often he doesnt and he will just stand there getting chomped. 

Is this happening on a dedicated server of some sort (Official or Unofficial) or is it on a Local/Host game that you play solo on your PC?

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Is this happening on a dedicated server of some sort (Official or Unofficial) or is it on a Local/Host game that you play solo on your PC?

Official. I think it has something to do with the dinos being land dinos. But sometimes it happens in shallow water and sometimes deep water (up to my gigas knees and shallow enough only his toes are in the water)

2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Official. I think it has something to do with the dinos being land dinos. But sometimes it happens in shallow water and sometimes deep water (up to my gigas knees and shallow enough only his toes are in the water)

Well now it just got weirder. I was thinking that this was happening in a local/host game, I've never seen that on any Official servers.

I guess I just have to wish you luck and hope that you have some aquatic carnivores/piscivores that you can put on guard.

13 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Well now it just got weirder. I was thinking that this was happening in a local/host game, I've never seen that on any Official servers.

I guess I just have to wish you luck and hope that you have some aquatic carnivores/piscivores that you can put on guard.

Thankfully I dont have them spawn where my base is (knock on wood) but I have had them chewed on while out hunting. It isnt as common as it used to be so maybe it was a glitch that got fixed.

I've tried everything.  Pillar inside foundation, that didnt work so I put a ceiling on top of the pillar.  Still didnt work.  Then I tried snapping multiple foundations together.  Doesn't work.  Now I'm forced to build a proper water pen and add structures to our official map and create more lag.  I've searched the web for theories and answers but I cannot get those little water chompers to stop spawning. 

Theres a few other theories I wanted to try like baryonyx on aggressive inside a leash, maybe some otters or a few sarcos but I kind of gave up

• 2 weeks later...

Archived