SapphireSam7

Suggestion

Hello, 

When I began setting up my cluster of maps you were able to select an event from the drop down and pick which one you would like to turn on. 

However recent updates have caused a bit of a disconnect between the two and as such, the events no longer work. After the TLC3 update, it seems this will be the case for all the events currently listed. 

Now, as the changes are to optimize and better the game - I am totally okay with it. However, because the events are now no longer a viable option to use during the server setup, I would like to suggest that they add a configuration line or a server set up option to promote or prioritize certain colors on certain regions if the host so chooses to set it up that way. 

Doing so would allow some further customization for unofficial players, and if added to the set up rather than the configuration files, then perhaps even hosted and single player maps could experience the same option. 

It it were added as a game.ini configuration line it could look something like this... (these are merely examples, I am not a coder myself but wanted to have some sort of example to show)

• ConfigCreatureColorOveride=(ColorRegion="Region1",Quantity=(CreatureColorPercentage=.25, CreatureColorID=01))
    • If the code line were added as listed, it would work as all creatures receiving a 25% chance to receive the Red Color 1 on Region 1
  • ConfigCreatureColorOveride=(ColorRegion="Region1",Quantity=(CreatureColorPercentage=.25, CreatureColorID=01),(ColorRegion="Region1",Quantity=(CreatureColorPercentage=.25, CreatureColorID=02)))
    • If the code line above were added, it would work as all creatures would receive a 25% to receive Red Color 1 and a 25% chance to receive Blue Color 2 on Region 1
    • This is following the idea that each color could be added to each region, but that each region would need its own code line. 
  • ConfigCreatureColorOveride=(DinoClassName-"Ankylo_Character_BP_C",ColorRegion="Region1",Quantity=(CreatureColorPercentage=.25, CreatureColorID=01))
    • If the code line were added as listed, it would work as an individual creatures, in this case the Anky, receiving a 25% chance to receive the Red Color 1 on Region 1

It it were added to the server set up, it would probably be easier to have it added as a region specific setting over a specific creature selection. At which point I would imagine that having each Region available as a checkbox with the ability to enter in the Color ID (as the # or via a drop down menu) and Percentage (either as a number added or as a slider) would be one of the simpler methods to adding the color. 

• ◻️ Region One
    • Color ID _____ / Drop down Menu
    • Percentage _____ / Slider 1-100
  • ◻️ Region Two
    • Color ID _____ / Drop down Menu
    • Percentage _____ / Slider 1-100
  • etc...

*This method is not as specific as the previous and cannot be modified beyond a certain point (such as multipole colors per region or to specific creatures), however it would allow for some basic colors to be added/included on a chance basis determined by the user. 

In conclusion, this suggestion certainly isn't for everyone and would have some kinks to work out and some codes to be tried/tested to work - but it would allow for unofficial severs and possibly; dedicated, hosted, and single players to have access to some of the colors that we once were able to set through the use of some events.

It is a simple customization that would allow for a bit of host/individual creativity without adding any items or creatures to the game. 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived