Primitive+ players, let's make WC hear us!

CaveNoob

If they make a map that would be exclusive for P+ and only available as paid content it would justify the efforts for fix and improve the P+ mod itself so I would vote for that if that is the price but devs need to see an opportunity to make money, otherwise it is doomed. So make such an idea public whenever possible and they might have a thought about it.

20 hours ago, TheCavemanEx said:

If they make a map that would be exclusive for P+ and only available as paid content it would justify the efforts for fix and improve the P+ mod itself so I would vote for that if that is the price but devs need to see an opportunity to make money, otherwise it is doomed. So make such an idea public whenever possible and they might have a thought about it.

Great point! As long as WC kept rolling out new or working old maps, I'd pay! $$$

I forgot to mention.

I was on CI, Prim+, SP, XB1 yesterday and wanted to see a dang Wyvern so I quit and loaded up 'regular' Ark.

I played with a few Wyverns then wanted to go back to Prim+.

After loading, I was asked where I wanted to spawn and none of my beds were an option because everything was gone!

Seriously WC?! I thought you fixed this! I can't have a save in both game modes?!

If $GameMode -eq $x (SAVED GAME FILES GO INTO THEIR OWN FREAKIN' FOLDER!)

Incompetence! 🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Primitive Plus is the only way I truly enjoy Ark. And I enjoy it lots. No other game has offered me the same experience or amount of fun, not even close!

The thing is, people don't want to play a broken game. On PC things get ridiculous from the start.

Much love from here but I'm afraid they wont care. The only hope seems to be someone else realizing the concept and managing to actually make it work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 6:12 AM, Enigma505 said:

My wife and i love primitive plus over the tek version lol we've played since ark started and been mesh raided had a base with 60 plus heavy turrets just to be solo raided by a tek railgun . so primitive plus is way more realistic to us. 

Problems tho. No drops on any maps no wyverns on scortch earth no dinos on the island or center map. Kinda hard to tame or feed dinos on a dino game when you dont have dinos! Kibble still broken . ive sent numerous complaints and the response i get is ( unfortunately we dont deal with server issues use this link. So i did and i get another response saying. (Go to the forums) and check for upcoming patch notes ( we are aware) of these issues and are working on it. Umm no patch notes at all or information showing up coming patch notes. I ask if we should just quit ark all together because we will (only play primitive plus) if you dont intend to fix it and want people to get mad and leave let us know. (Response) we are sorry we are working on it here are more links to nothing useful.

I love Prim Plus. I wanted to try servers in base game but had some negative experiences that may or may not be attributed to the huge range of Tek and PVP style on PVE server. I can play Prim Plus with my 10 y/o son and he cant go into creative and blow me away with Tek and frustrate me. I am learning how to multitask and tame/build etc..I am not up for fighting at this time. The game is beautiful, I love exploring and homebound its about as much as i get most weeks!  I like the idea of incorporating it into the base game. Especially If i can download my character into other maps. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, this thread still has some activity?

Sorry guys but I've given up and moved on to Conan Exiles. It looks better, tons of NPC's, insane number of buildings, armor, weapons, alchemy and food recipes, etc, compared to Ark.
It definitely has its issues but the company actually communicates to its players! 😲

Not like the guy that built Prim+ then abandoned it. I forget his name already...

Mario Lopez Football GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Speaking up here, I'd just like to play this solo because Its fun, but I cant even do my favorite map because I cant make Dein saddles. only plus is that Argys can still yoink wild dinos. building pieces are cool, farming focus is cool, the RP has stupendous potential, just the feel of the game seems smoother. I'd be lying if I wasn't imagining Fjorda in  prim+ with an andrewsarchus mounting a ballista or light canon instead of a Gatling or using Magmas on lost isle, or...

if the devs released a for-pay map exclusively for Prim+ to fund it like someone else was suggesting, I wouldn't just buy it, id be buying FIVE COPIES so my kids and I could all enjoy prim+ on our various platforms. if the devs just took prim+ off the base game and re-offered it for a bit of cash I'd still pay it back. 

I could do Conan Exiles, I have that too, but thralls don't feel the same as dinos. you cant take a blacksmith and harvest brimstone. there are more fun accessories in Conan, even on console without access to 3rd party mods, but the Prim+ stuff all matches better. 

my son likes farming, and I like cooking, I like the access to more fun weapons that in standard ark. 

if they did a kickstarter I'd pay in, I bet you guys would too

I totally agree that Prim+ is far way more related to Ark theme (dinosaurs) than all advanced technologies we have on the regular game and I would really enjoy playing a dlc exclusively for Prim+, even if I had to pay for that. I've tried it in the past but the loading screen that took forever scared me away. 

WC, please, instead of releasing an entire map on the regular game that has only one or two different dinos, give to us a prim+ dlc map with fixed bugs. Thanks!

On 11/5/2020 at 12:47 PM, FennecFyre said:

I was just about to post a topic asking if Prim+ was even functional, everything I've read online seems to suggest it's been abandoned by WC, which is a shame. I'm not really interested in the high-tech, scifi angle, and I definitely don't care about PvP. I just want to go back to surviving on the island with dinos, making a nice base and raising some critters.

Since it was originally a mod, are there any other content/rehaul mods that could be a fair replacement for it?

Same here!  Just give my survival & dinos.  I've also been looking for mods that convert the normal game into Primitive.  I'll let you know if I find any thing.  

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...