Primitive+ players, let's make WC hear us!

CaveNoob

TLDR; Please post anything here to show your support, your love/hate relationship with Prim+! Give an, I Agree!, or Yeah!, or pages and pages of love, screenshots for Prim+!

WC hasn't responded to anything regarding Prim+ in over a year.

The only related posts I've seen were from the "C" man who has unfortunately abandoned his baby. 
> Asking us if Prim+ should be incorporated into the base game. 
> Or, make it a mod and handing its future to home devs which would likely rob console players of the game mode. (Not knocking home devs.) ❤️
> And that thread... was abandoned as well.

Going through the forums you'll find countless posts/threads with love/hate for Prim+.
> Love: many more items to build, more activities, more realistic, more fun and addictive!
> Hate: WC does not even acknowledge its existence anymore, extremely slow updates (years) or issues that just don't get fixed period. 

If you share this love/hate relationship with Primitive+ please, post here and let's get some kind of response from WC.

I can't say enough about Prim+ and how it makes ARK a more realistic, addictive and just fun survival game. In a world of dinos and magical beasts, of course. 😉

P.S. Prim+ is a total wreck on Crystal Isles.
> No Wyverns, no supply crates, some dinos are untamable, very low level dino spawns (15 or 20's) across the entire map, freezing, fireflies are pixelated blocks and over spawn and very low spawn areas. And I thought  going to The Island might be fun so I loaded The Island/Prim+ local yesterday, I could not find a single dino. What the heck?!

Edited by CaveNoob
  • Like 1

Two days, no love? 😢

Alright WC, people (me) are willing to spend dough, clams, notes, bones, moolah, paper. E.g. Money on this to:

1. Get Prim+ incorporated into the primary game mode so it gets regular updates.

Or,

2. The Prim+ game mode gets some TLC ❤️. Just make it work on all the maps and the maps work as they should. Supply crates, spawns, etc. Please. 😬

My wife and i love primitive plus over the tek version lol we've played since ark started and been mesh raided had a base with 60 plus heavy turrets just to be solo raided by a tek railgun . so primitive plus is way more realistic to us. 

Problems tho. No drops on any maps no wyverns on scortch earth no dinos on the island or center map. Kinda hard to tame or feed dinos on a dino game when you dont have dinos! Kibble still broken . ive sent numerous complaints and the response i get is ( unfortunately we dont deal with server issues use this link. So i did and i get another response saying. (Go to the forums) and check for upcoming patch notes ( we are aware) of these issues and are working on it. Umm no patch notes at all or information showing up coming patch notes. I ask if we should just quit ark all together because we will (only play primitive plus) if you dont intend to fix it and want people to get mad and leave let us know. (Response) we are sorry we are working on it here are more links to nothing useful.

I have played Primitive + for 3 years now and have been through a lot can you at least let us know if Primitive is or is not going to be looked at.

If the goal is to let it die please let us know so we don't waste anymore time playing your game.

Primitive is the only part of this game I enjoy so I hope you can just let us know what is going on with primitive +

Thanks

I was just about to post a topic asking if Prim+ was even functional, everything I've read online seems to suggest it's been abandoned by WC, which is a shame. I'm not really interested in the high-tech, scifi angle, and I definitely don't care about PvP. I just want to go back to surviving on the island with dinos, making a nice base and raising some critters.

Since it was originally a mod, are there any other content/rehaul mods that could be a fair replacement for it?

Aside from that last post, thanks for the replies!!

FYI, on CI, Prim+, XB1, local, dinos everywhere were such low levels. I ran DestroyWildDinos all over the map. Now nothing spawns.

C'on WC! 

If you're aiming to go triple A like EA. Abandoning features, slow or non-existent updates, no communication, you're well on your way!

Congrats...

I've played P+ for years. I would never play the base game. P+ is 1000 times better than the base game. Even with hundreds of bugs and some gamebreaking issues. No kibble, double loading time, standing on saddle bug, horrible and missing translation, and a lot of bugs that can be fixed through server settings.

On the one hand, Ark devs are the worst in fixing bugs and caring for their community. On the other hand, Ark P+ is one of my most played games. Think about it and you know what P+ is worth.

Shame on your lack of interest! Out of my eyes with your Tec stuff!

I love posts that echo everything countless players have said countless times in these forums, ignored by WC.

CI on Prim+ does has supply drops now but not a single wyvern. I started a new map so who knows what else is broken.

C'om people! POST something Prim+ here! If this gets enough attention, maybe a moderator could shoot off an email saying...
Hey WC, people are actually addicted to your second of only two games modes.
Maybe you can put in some cycles toward making it work?

This site, TLC updates, Twitter, nothing about Prim+ but we got to watch WC ppl doing NOTHING for the longest time on the last stream.

Edited by CaveNoob

Me and my friends play Ark almost from the start. We play on our own private srv., becouse we love to survive, build, explore and thrive on our own. We starded playing becouse we love survival building games and we love dinos. That is what was Ark in its begining. Now we have some weird sci fi space adveture (witch is not bad, bud its not, why we paid for this game). It would be well and good, if the old style of the game didnt suffer for it. A new DLC is comming and we are getting ton of new tek stuf. And for you primitive loving guis? Here is a canoe...

Prim+ was a perfet alternative for us. We tried to play it, bud the long loading and constant crashesh made us to wait for fixes. Its a official mod, they have to fix it, right?

Well few years passed and we are here....

Last year my hope rised, when I saw C. post his topic about the future of prim+. Its been more that a year and still nothing. Just the tweet, that C. wants to make a new boss for Ark...

WC and C. stop with this TEK bullexkrements and make Ark what it was!

I've been playing ark from the very beginning. I've seen this game & community grow over the years and it's been fantastic! I played on PC but now I only play console (PS4). Once I heard prim+ was going to be an alternate mode I haven't touched vanilla ark sense because I just love that game mode so much more than regular old tech filled ark.

BUT as this community has grown the devs community as grown rarer and prim+ has gotten the raw end of it all. Y'all have already stated most of my complaints so far, but the biggest kicker for me so far was this newest update (TLC 3). Instead of fixing anything, they broke it even more and basically put the nail in the coffin for prim+. As of 11/10/2020 the TLC 3 update doesn't work for PS4. I've heard it barely works on SE maps but I only heard that through the grapevine. 

At this point, I just want some sort of communication or acknowledgment from the devs. Just something-heck anything, just so we the prim+ community is being heard. 

PS; I just want my TLC Mammoths bro!

As someone who played P+ since before it was official TLC, but only on official servers... it's playable. Always was. There were issues after updates, but most were resolved. Anyone that played a lot of P+ understands that it is abandoned. Player base is too small and the negative associations others have with P+ will not go away because some little things get fixed. People don't want to spend 1/4-1/3 of their available playtime loading, don't want to be unable to play maps they payed for... and it's impossible to fix this without P+ going back to unofficial mod status and someone else taking it up as passion project, which is very unlikely. I don't want officials wiped where there is years of history and work, and at this point that is only thing I'm hopeful for.

I think the main problem here is, that WC might want to fix P+, but they are under the wing of a bigger company and are blocked is some parts of development. That is probably why they focus on new DLC. Even if you look on older DLCs or free official stuff (like CE, witch the only think new had the phoenix...) they are pretty much left out of their plans. Its the way of the modern world. If the creators are not their own bosses, they have to focus on what the big daddy says so. Because money is more important to big daddy than anything else. 

As it was said, the P+ community is getting smaller and smaller, because the P+ doesn't get nothing new and old issues are not addressed. This way the community will eventually die out and WC problem will be gone.

Its not the right way or fair way to do things, but it his how modern day works.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 5:45 AM, CaveNoob said:

TLDR; Please post anything here to show your support, your love/hate relationship with Prim+! Give an, I Agree!, or Yeah!, or pages and pages of love, screenshots for Prim+!

WC hasn't responded to anything regarding Prim+ in over a year.

The only related posts I've seen were from the "C" man who has unfortunately abandoned his baby. 
> Asking us if Prim+ should be incorporated into the base game. 
> Or, make it a mod and handing its future to home devs which would likely rob console players of the game mode. (Not knocking home devs.) ❤️
> And that thread... was abandoned as well.

Going through the forums you'll find countless posts/threads with love/hate for Prim+.
> Love: many more items to build, more activities, more realistic, more fun and addictive!
> Hate: WC does not even acknowledge its existence anymore, extremely slow updates (years) or issues that just don't get fixed period. 

If you share this love/hate relationship with Primitive+ please, post here and let's get some kind of response from WC.

I can't say enough about Prim+ and how it makes ARK a more realistic, addictive and just fun survival game. In a world of dinos and magical beasts, of course. 😉

P.S. Prim+ is a total wreck on Crystal Isles.
> No Wyverns, no supply crates, some dinos are untamable, very low level dino spawns (15 or 20's) across the entire map, freezing, fireflies are pixelated blocks and over spawn and very low spawn areas. And I thought  going to The Island might be fun so I loaded The Island/Prim+ local yesterday, I could not find a single dino. What the heck?!

We feel your pain as the sole remaining NoTek Cluster ( Cross Ark 6). We have been abandoned since the aberration expansion.  Not a single new map.  Some of us made the foolish mistake of purchasing genesis and other content not realizing we were relegated to 2nd class Ark Citizens. All attempts for any answers fall on deaf and uncaring ears. Bug reports , inquiries,  forum posts , ignored. Wilcard doesn't care . I suspect they want Prim+ and Notek to die on the vine .

Edited by Zarn

Awesome replies! Well, not the validations that "WC" and "C" have abandoned Prim+ but the ❤️ for Prim+. :) 

Being a console only player, PC is for work/console is for life :). Giving Prim+, "Unofficial mod status and someone else taking it up as passion project," would be incredible! However, console players would be in the same boat we are now and miss out on a great many new changes/fixes.

Not to compare Bethesda ❤️ to WC, but Fallout/Elder Scrolls allows us to add mods on consoles. I spent countless hours getting all the mods I wanted, in order, to get them to work on XB1. If a mod didn't work, I'd just wait for an update and hope for the best. Is this feature possible due to the size and success of Bethesda? Can't wait for their space game! They listen to players.

Like many/most of you, I've played all Ark maps (only like an hour or so on Genesis tho), available on console so much that I don't need no stinkin' maps! I could give step by step directions to any tourist that steps foot on an Ark. ;) 

With that said, Prim+ needs just a handful of cycles to fix Crystal Isles. Any new map is very welcome after playing all previous maps to death!

The last update fixed a few things with Prim+ on CI but the following are driving me nuts!
> No Wyverns at all.
> Very low level dino spawns (15 or 20's) across the entire map regardless of the two difficulty settings available on console.
> Fireflies are pixelated blocks everywhere.

For any WC lead or manager that snubs anyone, especially players with, "We just don't have the cycles to commit to Prim+."
> If you're not a gamer, you're fired!
> If you are/were a Prim+ dev... put on your big boy pants and fight! I do it all the time, it's called, passion for your work.

Peace and ❤️

From what ive noticed that excuse that no one playes with a broken thing the devs justify it not being worked on. From what ive noticed prim plus might even be more popular then vanilla ark. I for one think its 1000x better then vanilla and makes a whole lot more sense. Especially with actual more features then vanilla. I want it worked on dammit!!!!!

• Like 1

@Sytarn, "Actual more features then vanilla." - YES! What are players/WC/C not understanding here?! MORE STUFF PEOPLE!!

@mindlesstime, "I was prepared to Post another rant about Primitive+ being forgotten." - RANT = PASSION, DRIVE, LOVE... REMEMBER THESE THINGS WC/C?? Wait right, you went from passionate, driven humans to cogs in the machine.

@dizeyner, "Ive loved Prim+ on PS4. it doesnt work on windows PC. THat being said I do not think it needs to be a separate game mode. Why not have the best of both worlds. If you dont like tek dont use it. Id like to see MORE RP objects that until recently were to be found in sponsored mods. None of which i note, is listed any longer on the sponsored MODS page." - YES! YES! YES! YES! - I'll have what he's having. ;) 
> It doesn't work on PC?? WTH? - 'Heck,' not any forbidden forum curse word.
> Why can't we have the best of both worlds??
  > Items that make the game more fun; Bakers Oven, Big Bonfire, Ceiling Lamp, etc, AND TEK if we choose.
  > Items that make the game more immersive, even just for decoration; Tudor Bar, Trading Crate, Storage Barrel, Steel Water Tower, Miners Box, Table Lantern, etc, AND TEK if we choose.

@Phil666 - "I wanted to play on Primitive plus. I could not even change the settings on my character. You're so bad at coding that you managed to piss me off at the character creation. - THIS... There are no words for this level of FAIL...

P.S. to my last post.

Prim+ on CI is still driving me nuts!!
> No Wyverns at all.
> Very low level dino spawns (15 or 20's) across the entire map regardless of the two difficulty settings available on console.
>
Fireflies are pixelated blocks across the entire map. This is just a triple facepalm.
> Supply crates work now but give the same, mostly saddles (the same saddles) over and over again.