desert titan taming too long

cyrax76

We spending literal hours trying to tame this, just to horibbly die at the end when we try to destroy the node near the tail (for some reason we can't start with that one, the lightning doesn't expose it). I mounted on the a quetzal with platform saddle to attract the lightning, while my friend shoot it with a tapejara, and i try to attract more lightning. It takes around 20-25 direct hit on the node to destroy it, while a tapejara also damaging it. But when i watched a video, it takes around 6 direct hit to destroy the node. What the hell are we doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Are you on official servers or unofficial? I struggle to find useful video's on youtube because almost all of them are taken from unofficial servers with insane settings that make all the jobs so much easier. In single player mode, even on hard settings, everything is far easier also (Bosses weaker, caves have far fewer beasts etc...).

So don't feel bad, on an official PvE server my tribe of 3 tamed the forest titan today in preperation for the king titan. I watched numerous video's all telling me how quick and easy it was... 4 hours into the fight we were all getting RSI in our index fingers and wrists had cramped up. 5hrs 30 mins and finally we got him, he had 50% HP. We then uploaded him to the cloud with a transmitter to get him back to our base, then downloaded him when we got there and he immediately started starving to death, then dead within an hour. Total bullpoop.

So I'm honestly not sure what taming titans is for, or how to actually defeat the king titan, given that he lays waste to swathes of giga's pretty quickly and you can't have the titans for long enough to get them all and bring them to the fight.

What I'm saying is that you are not doing anything wrong, the video's are bullpoop.

Hahaha! Just noticed that my bull***t words are autocorrected to bullpoop.

• 2 weeks later...

Your fail was to upload it, I think. Also, 5hrs 30mins sounds insane. It's 3 nodes. Even if all of them took 500 shots, which they don't, you still shouldn't have to spend 5 hours. Something isn't right. If I were to venture a guess, you don't have to spend that long if you do it right. Something about your method must have been suboptimal. And they last longer when not uploaded, which technically counts as a server transfer, so getting all 3 should be very feasible. A huge time and energy investment, sure. 

• 1 month later...

use an owl or pteradon or other fast agile flyer to attract lightening and get under the titan below the node. lightening strike will hit titan from above and not you. this exposes the Nodule.  Then other players on wyverns or quetz platforms or back seat of tapa unload on nodule with high damage sniper rifles. As long as the nodule is taking constant damage it will not recede. when damage stops or too many misses cause a pause in damage.. it goes back inside titan and needs to be lighten-struck back out.

Archived