Classic Servers

Thalantyr

Hi all,

I'm an old Australian ARK player, from back when it was released.

I play with a small group and we're wondering if there are still Classic servers around, as we're not able to find any.

The game looks great but we're not really into the TEK side of the game so are just looking for a classic experience.

I do remember them having official classic servers but can't seem to find them now. Are they gone?

Thank you.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Ohh bummer. I was hoping for something more permanent. Anyone know if there's singleplayer classic? I'd like to play a version of ark before pegos and redwoods were added.

You can still do so:

However, you will have to switch back out of that branch whenever you want to join any regular server. Also, make sure to backup your Saved directory otherwise it will likely override all your maps.

On 11/2/2020 at 7:35 PM, invincibleqc said:

make sure to backup your Saved directory otherwise it will likely override all your maps.

I finally got myself to switch to Timecapsule yesterday (thank you for the tip about local save backup, which I did).
This Timecapsule is the Ark I fell in love with. This is the Ark I want to play for the rest of my life!

Oh how wonderful. Thank you for telling me how to go back to my old love!
I'm in heaven once again /me coos happily

P.S. I wish Timecapsule was listed as a separate game from current ark, the 40GB downloaded data to switch between the two versions is not something I want to do everyday.

Archived