I've killed the dodorex twice this event and not noticed any zombie dodos?

sjskdjkfa

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I was told that one of the perks of hunting this monster was to be able to claim zombified dodos after the dodo rex is slain. But I've never even seen such a dodo let alone been given an option to tame one. So is this a myth? Am I just having bad luck? Have any of you seen one?

I haven't even seen the dodorex but I have been there when other players who I have been playing with for a while have killed it, only ever seen one zomdodo level 230 iirc which they claimed. They are that rare no amount of element was enough to buy said zomdodo.

They spawn next to it every time as far as I’ve seen, around 20 of them. Fought it twice this year and they’ve been there. If you fight it without luring the dodorex away from them, whatever you’re fighting it with will probably devour all the dodos, perhaps you’ve just been killing them all?

If you play unofficial the server owner may have disabled their spawn, don’t see why they would but it’s a possibility.

how it works is when the dodorex spawns in, then the zombie dodo's will spawn in right next to its legs. The problem is if you go and kill the dodorex without kiteing him away first, your dino's may kill the dodo's in the process......best to try and make him chase you.

Once you do kill the dodorex, or even the dodowyvern, you only have a small time frame to claim the companions before they despawn.

15 hours ago, wizard03 said:

how it works is when the dodorex spawns in, then the zombie dodo's will spawn in right next to its legs. The problem is if you go and kill the dodorex without kiteing him away first, your dino's may kill the dodo's in the process......best to try and make him chase you.

Once you do kill the dodorex, or even the dodowyvern, you only have a small time frame to claim the companions before they despawn.

Both times I fought it were on official and with the help of others. And I arrived late to the party. And it looked like it was moving pretty fast. So maybe the dodos had spawned in with it at a different location, far enough away from where I fought it that my post fight grid search didn't go over that ground (afterwards I got on wyvern and flew in several increasingly bigger circles looking for dodo zombs around where the rex died). Guess I just need to next time get people to note the rexs initial location, so we can go back an search. I'll also tell them about not attacking it there (kite it away first).

7 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Both times I fought it were on official and with the help of others. And I arrived late to the party. And it looked like it was moving pretty fast. So maybe the dodos had spawned in with it at a different location, far enough away from where I fought it that my post fight grid search didn't go over that ground (afterwards I got on wyvern and flew in several increasingly bigger circles looking for dodo zombs around where the rex died). Guess I just need to next time get people to note the rexs initial location, so we can go back an search. I'll also tell them about not attacking it there (kite it away first).

I agree with your theory here....The dodo's should be easy to find as they do not move very fast, but you gotta remember where all the fun started, otherwise you will never find them. 
Its the wyverns that can be a super pain in the rear, you can chase one down and its going in an oposite direction from the others.
Typically they try to land, but the process involved before they do is crazy.

Archived