crash ARK game crash when trying to build a structure

Hey guys,

Whenever I try to build any structure (tried it with sleeping bags, metal foundations, wooden foundations, metal walls, beds and smithys),
the courser becomes a loading ring,  the game becomes blue screen for one second and than closes without an error message.

I tried it several times.

Than i restart my PC still the same.
Than I uninstalled the game and fully reinstalled the game.
Still the same result.

It tried it on epic and low video presets.

Btw. I am playing the Microsoft XBOX version via GamePass on PC.

ARK Official Server Network Status: Healthy (v802.15)

This error occured since today the 31.10.2020.
Today at 3AM (German Timezone) it was still working. When i tried it at 2PM the error first occured.

Greetings, i hope you can help me

Jonny

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, after they fixed the many issues yesterday, the game started working pretty good. First issue connecting to any server, that was finally fixed, only to have an issue where the game would cra

Can't play, can't build things, crash crash crash. Why does Microsoft have to put their hands on games? It's like Minecraft, let's take a 10 Year + developed game and turn it into some weird monopoly

I can’t believe something is released like this. Should’ve only taken about five minutes of preveiw to catch this one. Please hire me to check your updates before you release

Hey there,

Running win10 version of ARK and have just downloaded 802.14 to both my client and a client which runs a player dedicated session for some folks.  

Having the same issue as Jonnykj.  ARK experiences a hard crash whenever I try to place a structure.  Have tested various walls of different material.  Tested crafting 'new' structure components to place vs the components in inventory.  Beds, stations, etc all cause a hard crash.

Started experiencing this immediately after updating to version 802.14 via the microsoft store at ~12.00pm est 10/31/20 

Update:  Still seeing Host connection time out after about 30 minutes as well.

Thanks,

Edited by snuge

Yep, after they fixed the many issues yesterday, the game started working pretty good.

First issue connecting to any server, that was finally fixed, only to have an issue where the game would crash when encountering other players.  They fixed that and things were good. 

No issues, so no need for another update, but a couple hours ago the game wants another update.  Uh oh.  Now can't build anything without instant crash.

PLEASE test your updates before deploying them.

Edited by Hixbot
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonnykj said:

Hey guys,

Whenever I try to build any structure (tried it with sleeping bags, metal foundations, wooden foundations, metal walls, beds and smithys),
the courser becomes a loading ring,  the game becomes blue screen for one second and than closes without an error message.

I tried it several times.

Than i restart my PC still the same.
Than I uninstalled the game and fully reinstalled the game.
Still the same result.

It tried it on epic and low video presets.

Btw. I am playing the Microsoft XBOX version via GamePass on PC.

ARK Official Server Network Status: Healthy (v802.15)

This error occured since today the 31.10.2020.
Today at 3AM (German Timezone) it was still working. When i tried it at 2PM the error first occured.

Greetings, i hope you can help me

Jonny

@Jatheish Anything you can look into or is there any update you can give us on this bug and a potential patch.

I use the Win10 Xbox version because my Xbox is broken until i get the series x. So this is mine and many other peoples only way to play the game.

Appreciate it.

Shane