Make Reaper And Rock Drake BREEDABLE!!!!!

telcet

Suggestion

Hello Gamers of ark i wish to pass this suggestion on to the mobs of ark, the i wish the some day you can add the function of Breedable Rock Drake amd Reaper ... because i see rock drake and especially reaper are undermine ... that say making them Breedable can make them more used in other parts of the game plus be enable to create more strong version the reaper that faress Melee i saw was 590 so i leave this suggestion to you guys

Sorry for typing mistake my english is not so good

9 replies to this server topic

Naw, not for drakes and reapers, unless male reaper has to get pregnant by queen like we do. 

That's literally the whole appeal for aberration for me. It is already limiting by no flyers and certain ground mounts like gigas, so to get a drake egg or reaper yourself you can't play it safe from your island tek base. I don't even play on Valguero because it's not even challenging remotely so it's boring af. 

Snakes should be breedable, as well as crabs. Kinda poopty to try and go for accuracy with historical records, but make them unbreedable. Really no point in historical accuracy then. 

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Interesting concept. I did like how in Genesis Magmasaurs and Megachelon could only be bred under certain conditions(Magmasaurs need to breed in lava, and Megachelon eggs only hatch at super deep depths), I'd be curious as to what limitations they could put on breeding for Wyverns, Crystal Wyverns, Drakes, and Managarmr(As well as creatures like the Elemental and Basilisk) to balance out just how powerful breeding really is(Especially the Managarmr). 

I like the added difficulty factors for the higher level creatures. It seems fitting to me. 

For Wyverns, there are probably a few different ways it could be done. Those below are some I have read about, but I am sure there are others. 

• Such as requiring an area to hatch the eggs based on their types. Ice-Snow, Poison-Poison, Fire-Near Lava, Ember-Desert/Sand, Tropical-Shallow Waters, Lightning-Storms/Bad Weather, Blood-Near a corpse. 
  • Another method could be that each of the Wyvern Types require a specific item to raise and/or imprint them. This could be a hard to get resource that the wild versions drop when killed/eaten, a new or unique item to the area where they are see,  or the reuse of something in game such as tribute items that are ground and fed to babies as they grow. (particularly the tributes typically not used for boss fights on most maps.) 
  • I have also ready suggestions about having to build a nest of sorts for the eggs to hatch in that require both standard and higher levels of materials. It would have to be fixed after every use with the items that are harder to find. 

For Drakes, as suggested previously. Either the entire process form breeding to raising has to be done in a radiated area, or at least part of the process could be done there. 

Basilisks, perhaps a limiter could be that they would only breed in caves or caverns?  Or follow the methods of some, require that one of the parents be present to keep the egg warm until it has hatched. It would make the creature unusable in the time it takes to hatch the egg so that could be a limiter of sorts. 

Elemental, this one I am drawing a blank with. Never thought about a rubble baby. Will have to think on this one. 

Managarmr, as a creature that has been breedable since introduction, I have a hard time suggesting specific changes now. I would probably be more likely to do so if some of the cuts that were made were reverted. Sort of a, we'll bring back stats/abilities - but breeding will be harder. As to what the changes to breeding might be - haven't thought on it since it was already available. 

Griffin, not one you listed, but one I have read about some wanting. As it is I never use it. There  are others that can travel nearly as fast, there other creatures that can carry more, and honestly, with the help of saddle BP's - they others have a better chance at living during a fight. The two seater quality is nice, but often isn't something I have depended on. Being able to breed them could be a nice change of pace and for how I play, get them back in the game. However, like the other creatures - Many are concerned with how OP they could become through breeding. So I would suggest that they too have a unique scenario in regards to their breeding. Not sure what, but something that sets them apart. 

I am sure I have a missed a few or that there are other methods out there to try and make the breeding process unique - but worth the effort for what they may eventually be able to do. 

Rock drakes are my by far favorite creature in ark and I and a lot of other people like to breed raiding creatures, boss fighting creatures, and really cool looking colour mutations, the only time we are able to get good looking colour mutations on rock drakes are by events, I and others would like to breed them up for those reasons, you might not do this but it would be enjoyable, hope wildcard sees this.

Well, I'm definitely up for Rock Drakes to be breedable - I've been exploring more maps a lil' more regularly often due to the Federation Skins you get from the notes. One of those maps was on aberration that like the previous two maps I had to jump to since I'm on Valguero. I got these Rock Drakes about a month after prep work to attempt getting them since my time down in the aberration thinking I could breed them which is not the case it seems. The Interactive UI Option is there to 'Enable Breeding' for the Rock Drakes, but it doesn't work so that bums me out.

I don't know about Reapers, but I'm alright with them being breedable if it means I can breed my Rock Drakes I recently got.

if they make reapers breedable they will ruin them.. this is the most  absurd idea the whole concept of making reapers breedable would change the dynamic in a poor way, the event colours on reapers should be higher rolls though so its not so stupid getting pregnant 80x before we get colour on decent levels though.. people charging $10 US for pregnancies is just as stupid

If this post were split into two, one for Reapers and another for Rockdrakes, I would probably upvote at least one of them. As it is however, while I am good with Rockdrakes being breedable and not Reapers - I cannot do so. 

Reapers are a very unique creatures and should remain as they are in my opinion. 

And like @Qwertymine said, as with the other higher level egg layers- making them breedable fits the current trends. The others are, so why not them? To up the difficulty, it could even be set so that the creatures would only breed, or the eggs would only hatch, in radiated areas. It would certainly make them a bit more work while still limiting their usage to specific maps. In this case Aberration and Valguero. 

On 2/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, TakeOneStepBack said:

Naw, not for drakes and reapers, unless male reaper has to get pregnant by queen like we do. 

That's literally the whole appeal for aberration for me. It is already limiting by no flyers and certain ground mounts like gigas, so to get a drake egg or reaper yourself you can't play it safe from your island tek base. I don't even play on Valguero because it's not even challenging remotely so it's boring af. 

Snakes should be breedable, as well as crabs. Kinda poopty to try and go for accuracy with historical records, but make them unbreedable. Really no point in historical accuracy then. 

🤔 I don't know about how historically accurate that may be, although, Rock Drakes do mostly resemble the Chinese Dragon, and are considered Fantasy Creatures much like the Wyverns, and the Magmasaur, but they are breedable in-game. If we mention game lore 'kinds' of accuracy related to the Rock Drake then checking up on the Rock Drake in the ark wiki / ark gamepedia; under the Appearance Section it mentions, "Drakes bear a thick layer of colourful osteoderms running down their whole topside. This colourful arrangement may be related to mating and/or rivalry.". This (aside from eggs spawning in nests identifying two drakes as parents when looked upon) gives some implication that these creatures mate as the osteoderms are mentioned in relation to that; and if they can mate they can breed after all they're defined as one in the same effectively. 

Although, if breeding were allowed it would remove from the main challenge players would have to overcome today 🧐. The challenge to survive the radiation zone, fighting off other creatures if needed with the guarantee of fending off, or fleeing from any Rock Drakes after snatching an egg; and making it back out using either a tame such as a Reaper, Karkinos, Spino, and/or by using a prepared glider, and Zip-Line Motor said character could equip for the adventure that player decided to undertake. However, once overcoming the challenge has been done there really wouldn't be any challenge to overcome once that Rock Drake hatches, is raised, and saddled since any player who finally has a saddled Rock Drake could simply use said Rock Drake to get more eggs, which is as simple as Rad Suite: *ON*, glide-in, grab eggs, then glide, and climb out.. That is monotonous for many if not all players since it is after all a must to fetch eggs every time anybody wants to hatch a Rock Drake.

If breeding were to be an option.. It wouldn't remove the players ability to decide on challenging one's self into undertaking said challenge under those same conditions mentioned prior to earning their Rock Drake. It may seem unreasonable to attempt challenging one's self like this whilst having all the aid one may ever need, whether it be their arsenal, or simply asking for an egg from another player. However, there is nothing wrong with undertaking a challenge anyone sets forth for themselves either.👍

Making Drakes breedable is something I can agree with, but not Reapers. Wyverns(Crystal and Normal), Managarmr, and Magmasaurs, which are all the "Wyverns" of their respective maps are simply tamed through hatching an egg, so it makes sense that they'd be breedable. 

However, Reapers have an entirely different taming method than any creature out there, and I really don't think they should be breedable. I think other creatures like Basilisks, Karkinos, and Rock Elementals need breeding more than Reapers do. 

As a counterbalance to Reapers not being breedable, I do think the Reaper Queen should be tameable, as it could really shake up the meta to have a new powerhouse creature rolling around. 

2 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

To up the difficulty, it could even be set so that the creatures would only breed, or the eggs would only hatch, in radiated areas. It would certainly make them a bit more work while still limiting their usage to specific maps. In this case Aberration and Valguero. 

Interesting concept. I did like how in Genesis Magmasaurs and Megachelon could only be bred under certain conditions(Magmasaurs need to breed in lava, and Megachelon eggs only hatch at super deep depths), I'd be curious as to what limitations they could put on breeding for Wyverns, Crystal Wyverns, Drakes, and Managarmr(As well as creatures like the Elemental and Basilisk) to balance out just how powerful breeding really is(Especially the Managarmr). 

Archived