will i be able to beat the alpha dragon solo on the island ?

ItWasntMe

2 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

The Rex's will die unfortunately. I did the same as you in my single player game and the alpha dragon destroyed them easily. The rex army is fine for all other boss fights. After some research I began breeding a therizinosaurs army and everything is ready to go but I've lost my motivation lol.

Thats a shame :(   i want the engrams

2 hours ago, ItWasntMe said:

I have beat the other two without problems but im a little concerned with this one, I will be going in with 14 rexes all with ascendant saddles ,health 52,780  melee 3,399 and just a normal yuti......any help appreciated.

bad news, fire breath of the dragon does percentage damage. So even if your rex's had 100k health, its not looking great......You might be ok on the gamma run cause the melee is good enough to QUICKLY kill the dragon, so it might be able to do the fire breath only once or twice, but if he manages to get 3 on your rex's before they kill the dragon, its not going to end well.
If you had 18 rex's with those stats and both a deadon to heal with and the yuti, Id say you would be in a better position to get the job done if you play your cards right, but its not a guarantee.

with that said, typically the go to is theris and giving them a stack of veggie cake along with the yuty and deadon after breeding and imprinting them, and of course, the best saddles you can muster.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:55 AM, ItWasntMe said:

I have beat the other two without problems but im a little concerned with this one, I will be going in with 14 rexes all with ascendant saddles ,health 52,780  melee 3,399 and just a normal yuti......any help appreciated.

3,399 is a lot of melee, I'm thinking you'll be ok.

Having said that, I'd recommend removing 1 Rex and replacing it with a Daeodon set to Passive Healing, and have the Daedon set to follow the Yuti (I assume you're going to be riding the yuti).

There are two caveats to this:

1) The dragon does percentage based health with the breath attack, so having lots and lots of HP doesn't help against the breath.

2) Since your Rexes are going to be taking a lot of damage every time the dragon breathes, that means your Daeodon is going to be burning through food like crazy. There's a good chance that the Daeodon will kill itself trying to heal all of that damage. If your first attempt on the Alpha Dragon fails, I'd suggest raising a new herd of rexes with much lower HP, more like 15,000-20,000 and pump those extra points in to melee. (or use Theri's, as someone else suggested).

When I've done Alpha Dragon I've done with with 1 Yuty, 2 Daeodons, 17 Theri's.  Melee and Healing matter more than HP.

Xbox island PVE

I am breeding Theirzinosaurs for the alpha dragon, base 16k hp, 725melee. 

My questions are:-

Where to put the levels when leveling, all in health?

What do harvesting levels do if anything, Power or delicate?

I'll most likely be trying solo, do I use a daeodon and yuti, and if so what do I ride and what is the best tactics.

Please forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

Xbox island PVE I am breeding Theirzinosaurs for the alpha dragon, base 16k hp, 725melee. My questions are:-
Where to put the levels when leveling, all in health?
What do harvesting levels do if anything, Power or delicate?
I'll most likely be trying solo, do I use a daeodon and yuti, and if so what do I ride and what is the best tactics.
Please forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere. 

Ok, thats a solid theri set up......breed em up and separate any mutated males or females and set them aside as the new mother and father....if it happens. If not, just set the ones with the good stats to the side.

When leveling boss fighters, its nice to have 20k-25k health. After that, all of the rest go only in melee.
Next, harvesting levels are only for harvesting....power is good for wood, delicate is good for fiber. However it does not help for boss fights.
best tactics is to set the deadon to "passively follow" the yuty, and then you can ride the yuti around with the pig in tow. However, you may find it better to ride the pig and have the yuty in tow as then you can have him screaming away behind you while you force feed the pig while force healing to help extend his healing abilities.

Good news is if you do have the pig set to passively heal while following, and he runs out of food, he will not die.....right away. He will slowly suffer starvation damage, but we are talking hours here before he receives enough damage to die. Not minutes, so let him go.
Oh! And if you happen to have a mutton farm, its a good idea to go ahead and slaughter a couple sheep and fill the pigs inventory to the brim before heading off into battle....Its the easiest, and second best at replenishing the pigs depleted food stat. The absolute best is superior kibble, however you will need to make TONS of the stuff before a fight. A single stack of 100 S kibble will only replace 12,000 food in its stat bar.......you want that stat bar over 40k, so its only a drop in the bucket.

16 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Ok, thats a solid theri set up......breed em up and separate any mutated males or females and set them aside as the new mother and father....if it happens. If not, just set the ones with the good stats to the side.

When leveling boss fighters, its nice to have 20-25 health. After that, all of the rest go only in melee.
Next, harvesting levels are only for harvesting....power is good for wood, delicate is good for fiber. However it does not help for boss fights.
best tactics is to set the deadon to "passively follow" the yuty, and then you can ride the yuti around with the pig in tow. However, you may find it better to ride the pig and have the yuty in tow as then you can have him screaming away behind you while you force feed the pig while healing to help extend his healing abilities.

Good news is if you do have the pig set to passively heal while following, and he runs out of food, he will not die.....right away. He will slowly suffer starvation damage, but we are talking hours here before he receives enough damage to die. Not minutes, so let him go.
Oh! And if you happen to have a mutton farm, its a good idea to go ahead and slaughter a couple sheep and fill the pigs inventory to the brim before heading off into battle....Its the easiest, and second best at replenishing the pigs depleted food stat. The absolute best is superior kibble, however you will need to make TONS of the stuff before a fight. A single stack of 100 S kibble will only replace 12,000 food in its stat bar.......you want that stat bar over 40k, so its only a drop in the bucket.

That sounds great, I knew about cakes for therizinosaurus but I didn't know about superior kibble for the pigs. Luckily I have loads of argys so a ready made kibble farm. 

I'm going to be spending a lot of time next to the industry cooker in the next few days. Thank you for the help. 

14 minutes ago, 2OLEgend said:

That sounds great, I knew about cakes for therizinosaurus but I didn't know about superior kibble for the pigs. Luckily I have loads of argys so a ready made kibble farm. 

I'm going to be spending a lot of time next to the industry cooker in the next few days. Thank you for the help. 

the eggs are not the problem, its the jerky. x.x
Better get 20 of smokers working on that jerk

On 11/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, 2OLEgend said:

No worries on that score either,  I over produce even that now I have tek troughs. When farming I throw away nothing now. Even jerky has 4 fridges lol. 

Have to admit, even on single player, I never have a single fridge of jerky, let alone 4! XD
But hey, if thats the case, your going to be ready for dat kibble! 👍

Archived