I bought the game on steam on the 29th and it is now on 80% sale 2 hours later

Loopyfish

Hello guys, i bought ark for a friend on the 29th for the full price. I understand that under normal circumstances i was completely aware of the full price and accepted paying it.

I still feel a little bit ripped off as it went on sale 2 hours later for 80% off. I have contacted steam support and they automatically deny my request for a refund. I would like to get a refund and repurchase the game for my friend, and with the extra money buy him the DLC's. is there any chance wildcard can help me with this? as i'm not having much luck on steam's side. anyone with advice i would greatly appreciate. 

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Loopyfish said:

Hello guys, i bought ark for a friend on the 29th for the full price. I understand that under normal circumstances i was completely aware of the full price and accepted paying it.

I still feel a little bit ripped off as it went on sale 2 hours later for 80% off. I have contacted steam support and they automatically deny my request for a refund. I would like to get a refund and repurchase the game for my friend, and with the extra money buy him the DLC's. is there any chance wildcard can help me with this? as i'm not having much luck on steam's side. anyone with advice i would greatly appreciate. 

There is not much WC can do about it. You purchased the game from Steam, therefore, Steam is the only one that can grant a refund. Though, instead of going the "automated refund" process, try to speak with an human and they may make a one-time exception and allows it depending of your play time, etc.

1 hour ago, Loopyfish said:

less then 2 hrs played u can refund thats all u can do will get no help regardless of it going on sale been down this road many a time with steam games going on sale after purchase

• 3 months later...

Archived