I play SP Island on Xbox One S. I can't get the new Xbox right now, so I was wondering how to improve fps. Some problems I am noticing:

Game freezes around 3 sec while loading in new terrain

Game freezes around 1 sec while transferring items to and from inventories.

My game tends to be much laggier in my base where I have all my dinos (I'm pretty mid game so I need a lot of those dinos. Can't always keep them cryod). Is there any way to disable the hovering green name for tames. I know I can do it in advanced settings, but that'll also hide wild names and levels while using a spyglass.

Please share advice.

The name tags can be removed by holding the select button on xbox controller(looks like 2 squares overlapped) for a couple seconds, that helps me a ton while doing things in base but it will still keep the green arrow above the dinos heads. As for the rest of your lagging issues, Im not sure whats causing it cause I play on an original xbox not even the S version and it doesnt lag as bad as you are explaining and Im on an online official server not single player so it should be a smoother experience for you than me.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

The name tags can be removed by holding the select button on xbox controller(looks like 2 squares overlapped) for a couple seconds, that helps me a ton while doing things in base but it will still keep the green arrow above the dinos heads. As for the rest of your lagging issues, Im not sure whats causing it cause I play on an original xbox not even the S version and it doesnt lag as bad as you are explaining and Im on an online official server not single player so it should be a smoother experience for you than me.

Whenever I hold that button, the wheel comes up and all the dinos show the arrow and follow distance. Do you mean I should click the toggle HUD button?

30 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Whenever I hold that button, the wheel comes up and all the dinos show the arrow and follow distance. Do you mean I should click the toggle HUD button?

No just hold that button for a second or 2 and let go, ignoring the wheel that comes up, it will toggle changing from showing names to showing arrows. Keep in mind that if you are close to dinos it will still show their name. This stops the names for the dinos that are outside of being like 5 feet from your character. Toggling hud will turn off the names, arrows and everything completely which will arguably be the best quality improvement possible but you lose lots of helpful information so I dont recommend playing with the hud off for long periods of time.

• Thanks 1

No I was wrong on my directions there, was remembering wrong I guess. Now that Im looking at it you first would need to hold that select button and choose toggle tame names, then after that you can hold the select button for a second to toggle on and off the arrows as well as the written information on the stats on the bottom right of the screen. Sorry about the confusion

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Piffguru said:

No I was wrong on my directions there, was remembering wrong I guess. Now that Im looking at it you first would need to hold that select button and choose toggle tame names, then after that you can hold the select button for a second to toggle on and off the arrows as well as the written information on the stats on the bottom right of the screen. Sorry about the confusion

Thanks for your help!