Issues with the Fear Evolved 4 update

Since none of us have received a reply about the “timeout” issue I guess we are left to fill in the blanks. Given the complete silence I’m going to assume there is no plan to fix this issue before the end of the Halloween event. Maybe it will be addressed with the TLC update or maybe not. When this happened with other major updates it was not addressed for a long time. We stopped playing the game for quite a while because of it. Everyone playing on our private server is pretty discussed right now, so..... cya I guess. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GP , the excuses just dont cut it anymore , if it was just this update that was messed up by the devs then fair enough , but its every update they do. They been updating for 4 or 5 years and they stil

Posted Images

(Console player here, only plays Singleplayer)

I'm not having a startup issue with Fear Evolved 4, however, there's a time issue happening on all of my singleplayer servers. Time is refusing to pass and therefore the Dodorex and Dodowyvern hasn't spawned one time. My game continues to crash constantly and the framerate since the update is atrocious. I've looked at a couple time cheats, tried them, restarted my game multiple times and even wiped my save files and nothing is fixing the issue. It also seems that this issue is new, as I haven't seen a single bug article about time not passing. Can anyone help me with this?

Edited by Blackbirdie
On 10/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, volar said:

so your playing pvp, but have found a way to "cheat" and are now upset that you lost stuff on a pvp server. your playing a game mode where the point is to loser all your stuff.

I don't see how this is "cheating".  It's a genuine part of the game, an ability that is built into the game.  How is it cheating?  I use it to transport heavy items from one base to another using tek transmitters. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Myrm said:

I don't see how this is "cheating".  It's a genuine part of the game, an ability that is built into the game.  How is it cheating?  I use it to transport heavy items from one base to another using tek transmitters. 

I think what he means by cheating is he's using the transmitter for unintended uses. By that I mean a transmitter is not meant for storage, which is why it only has a 24 hour timer. It is meant for uploading to transfer content to another server for download, all within 24 hours.

What this person did was store his items and dinos to hide them from raiding whilst he was offline. That is not an intended purpose and therefore I suspect this is why he claims it is cheating.

It is more abusing the transmitters purpose.

However, on a personal opinion I don't think the guy should get anything back. Playing on a PVP server and hiding your stuff "off" the server because you're scared of being raided, that's the lamest of the lame.

4 minutes ago, sean3star said:

Looks like they fixed it yall..been on for over an hour on my win 10 dedicated server on xbox and no disconnect

Was there a client download? I haven’t seen one for my Xbox yet but can’t connect to official servers now either making me think there’s a “stuck” update not being pushed to me. 

1 hour ago, Karionus said:

Was there a client download? I haven’t seen one for my Xbox yet but can’t connect to official servers now either making me think there’s a “stuck” update not being pushed to me. 

Well, my wife has been connected for over 30 to my non-dedicated Xbox server so it looks like it was a fix on their end OUTSIDE of the Ark code which raises more questions than it answers but eh, we can play now without constant disconnects. 

I may have found a WORKAROUND.  I played yesterday for 4 hours and was kicked every 30 min like clockwork.  So I suspected the idle timer was broken.  Today I added KickIdlePlayersPeriod=360000 to my Game.ini and played for 90 minutes and did not get kicked at all.

KickIdlePlayersPeriod=<value> Value = integer
Default = 3600
Time after which characters that have not moved or interacted will be kicked (if -EnableIdlePlayerKick as command line parameter is set).

Introduced in patch 241.5

5 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

I may have found a WORKAROUND.  I played yesterday for 4 hours and was kicked every 30 min like clockwork.  So I suspected the idle timer was broken.  Today I added KickIdlePlayersPeriod=360000 to my Game.ini and played for 90 minutes and did not get kicked at all.

KickIdlePlayersPeriod=<value> Value = integer
Default = 3600
Time after which characters that have not moved or interacted will be kicked (if -EnableIdlePlayerKick as command line parameter is set).

Introduced in patch 241.5

This seems very plausible. I shared this to the Arkone subreddit, too, and hopefully we can get some people trying before/after to confirm or refute. I'll start trying myself as soon as I can sneak away from work.

No luck with the `KickIdlePlayersPeriod` change; modifying it to 360000 from its default of 3600 showed no effect, with me still getting kicked off after 30 minutes on the dot.

Same 802.14 (Win10 UWP) dedicated server and 802.9 Xbox client.

It's great that some people are seeing this go away, but I have no idea why, how, or how the rest of us get in on it. The game just isn't all that fun when you have to sit through multiple-minute loads every 20-30 minutes and plan everything you do around that...

Edited by Nyrin
15 hours ago, GP said:

I think what he means by cheating is he's using the transmitter for unintended uses. By that I mean a transmitter is not meant for storage, which is why it only has a 24 hour timer. It is meant for uploading to transfer content to another server for download, all within 24 hours.

What this person did was store his items and dinos to hide them from raiding whilst he was offline. That is not an intended purpose and therefore I suspect this is why he claims it is cheating.

It is more abusing the transmitters purpose.

However, on a personal opinion I don't think the guy should get anything back. Playing on a PVP server and hiding your stuff "off" the server because you're scared of being raided, that's the lamest of the lame.

This is exactly what I meant, glad someone else see's it.

35 minutes ago, Nyrin said:

It's great that some people are seeing this go away, but I have no idea why, how, or how the rest of us get in on it. The game just isn't all that fun when you have to sit through multiple-minute loads every 20-30 minutes and plan everything you do around that...

I feel like this is actually a problem with Xbox Live (but still caused by the new Ark version) because I can’t see it going away like it did for my wife and I with no Ark update. Might be backend changes for the Series X, first Ark release with the new libraries from MS, and problems exposed in those changes. 

2 hours ago, Karionus said:

I feel like this is actually a problem with Xbox Live (but still caused by the new Ark version) because I can’t see it going away like it did for my wife and I with no Ark update. Might be backend changes for the Series X, first Ark release with the new libraries from MS, and problems exposed in those changes. 

Not to give WC any ideas of saying it someone else's fault, but my son and I were playing Fortnite last week just before the Fear 4 Ark update, and we were both getting kicked randomly.  The next day after the Ark update, this bug appeared - getting kicked every 30 minutes.  I have no idea if the two different game issues are related.  However, the Fortnite issue only happened a handful of times over the course of several days.  Ark it's is still happening ... So if it's something to do with XBox, it would seem each developer still needs to change something on their end as FN seems fixed, and Ark doesn't.

23 hours ago, GP said:

Yes, I see what you are saying regarding the misuse of the transmitter.

I agree that the player should not get anything back in these circumstances.

10 hours ago, Nyrin said:

This seems very plausible. I shared this to the Arkone subreddit, too, and hopefully we can get some people trying before/after to confirm or refute. I'll start trying myself as soon as I can sneak away from work.

This worked during the day for me, but when I tried it this evening, it was back to 30 minute disconnects.  Like clockwork.  I just started setting a 29 minute timer and then made sure I was in a safe place to disconnect.   I also found that logging out at the 25 min mark does not reset the timer.  After I logged back in, 5 minutes later, I disconnected.  :(

On 11/2/2020 at 6:38 PM, Karionus said:

Meh, we tried to play today and 30 minute disconnects were back. 

On 11/1/2020 at 7:01 PM, Blackbirdie said:

(Console player here, only plays Singleplayer)

I'm not having a startup issue with Fear Evolved 4, however, there's a time issue happening on all of my singleplayer servers. Time is refusing to pass and therefore the Dodorex and Dodowyvern hasn't spawned one time. My game continues to crash constantly and the framerate since the update is atrocious. I've looked at a couple time cheats, tried them, restarted my game multiple times and even wiped my save files and nothing is fixing the issue. It also seems that this issue is new, as I haven't seen a single bug article about time not passing. Can anyone help me with this?

My game hasn't ever froze up after every couple of actions until this update.  I play PVE SOLO.  Tried diff worlds....move...freeze.....move....freeze. ..ect. ALSO, no DodoRex or Dodowyverns seen here either and I hunt wyverns on Ragnarok.....not a single Dodowyvern seen!  I haven't messed with my settings or used any "cheats" to reset the date so that can't be it.  I use external drive for storage on my XBox One.  I have the Ark Disk.  I hope that's all the info needed, if not please email me for specifics.  Please help with the freezing and the fun as this is the only game I play.  I'm disabled, a high risk health patient and stuck home 99.999% of the time and right now ..... truthfully,  I'm not having fun since the update.  

Set your timers when your characters load in the game for 29 minutes. At that one minute mark turn off your controller and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes. Turn on another controller and you should still be logged in, and can continue to play without any disconnection. Try it and lemme know if it works for you( I'm on xbox hosting from pc)

Edited by sean3star