Issues with the Fear Evolved 4 update

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GP , the excuses just dont cut it anymore , if it was just this update that was messed up by the devs then fair enough , but its every update they do. They been updating for 4 or 5 years and they stil

Posted Images

How could people not be upset?  For one, coding for Windows 10 is insanely easy because the game is first made for computers and converted into Xbox and PS4.  Windows 10 is hardly changed from steam, it basically is just copy and pasted with certain things changed around.  There is even an option to show steam account names for Windows 10 version.....Wildcard should stop allowing xbox players to play because us PC players can easily be wiped.  

Playing single player and nitrado server on xbox1. Server seems to be as normal. Single player after update of Fear Evolved - massive lag issues. In and around my base FPS is now down to 5fps and lag makes everything around base virtually impossible (feeding dinos/breeding/crafting etc). Was running absolutely perfect before update ... I have not added any more structures or dinos to base ... now only playable when base is completely rendered out. Wish there was an option to not install events ... as there are always issues. Anyone else having a similar issue with rendering/lag/fps?

4 hours ago, Texmechs said:

I'm telling you "it is what it is."  You can stamp your feet and make demands all you want, but it won't help them fix the problem any more than it will get you a promotion at your job (you'd be fired) or get your significant other to do what you want (you'd be single).  

Being a dev is hard for reasons you apparently don't understand.  I don't think you can understand it.  XBox is easy to write code for because every XBox is virtually the same.  No two PCs are alike, and therein lies the problem.  

This is a great game, in a dysfunctional kind of way.  In fact, I've said many times this is the laggiest, buggiest, most gawd-awful game I've ever loved.  I'm willing to accept my bad luck so I don't have to use a controller....  

So, by all means, go play rust or whatever.  Why would you spend five minutes playing a game you don't enjoy?  And why on Earth would you waste five minutes lecturing me, someone you don't even know, someone you'd never speak to like that in real life, when you could be enjoying something else?  /peace

To be honest Tex, the guy has a point.   The continued repetition of these errors, and faulty deployments, points to WC not having a robust Constant Improvement program.  I am sure you are aware that C.I. is  where they take the lessons of the past and learn from them?  If they had an organised business they would be able to pass on this learning to everyone in their own sphere of influence; staff, devs, artists, partners, suppliers.   This would enable them to avoid these constant pitfalls, or at least create a more streamlined process for resolutions.   They would also be able to automate a lot of the notifications to the player base, as the process would be "known".

The fact that they clearly do not have any sort of robust system in place, simply points to a lack of professional pride, or a lack of real leadership.   That any business should not have to face the complaints of its customers, is a ludicrous notion.   Customers are what drive business, customers are the source of revenue and profits, there is no other sustainable way to get this to work.   Dissatisfied customers will jump to a new product the instant they are given the choice, happy customers will come back time and again.   We all know this, we practice it everyday in our choices of where we shop, and what products we buy.

We may not currently have many options when it comes to this particular genre, but if WC are keen to keep hold of their player base they should be forced to face the reality, and consequences of when they make a mess of things.   They should be incentivised to avoid the outcry, to want to provide a better product, and service.   It is in their own interests after all!   The more time they have to spend fixing their updates, is more money spent per dollar brought in.   This is simple economics, and I do not understand why WC and other developers/publishers think they are somehow immune to it.   I also do not understand why fanboi's are constantly defending them from legitimate criticism.  

So PC users using windows 10 on crossplay servers have been unable to play for 48 hours now. We have lost everything. I good gesture would be some sort of character/dino  compensation or an investigation into what was lost over the 2 day period.. but highly doubt that will happen by considering what has already happened has set the tone. 

Edited by thisisdemo

So I finally logged in this morning after not being able to connect to my servers, ALL of my stuff is gone to xbox players. Good job wildcard. You guys could have AT LEAST done some damage control for us all. You all obviously do not care once you get your money from us, just keep the game going right? Well good luck with that. I've been playing since pre release, you've finally lost me over this one. Peace

So I'm not entirely sure what today's Win10 update was supposed to fix, but I'm still having an issue where I keep getting the "lost connection to host" error every 20-30 minutes of play. I'm running a Win10 dedicated Crystal Isles server and I connect to it with my Xbox. I haven't tried a different map, I'll prolly try that later today. Also, both are connected via wired connections to my network. My friends and I had no issues connecting prior to the Fear Evolved update and ever since then I keep losing my connection. I've tried forwarding ports, hard resetting everything including modem/router. I'm pretty sure the Fear Evolved update is the culprit cus I've never had this issue in my entire history playing this game on previous maps. It's weird too cus it almost feels like I get kicked after the same amount of time each time. I'm prolly gonna time each play period before getting kicked next time I play to prove my theory, lol! Any and all help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by sanuak0307

I’m having the same issue. Applied the latest update from this morning and still getting the “Host connection timeout” about 30 minutes after connectIng to my dedicated pc server with my xbox. Sometimes it is sooner depending on when I connect, so I think the timing of it is being controlled on the server side not the Xbox. 

honestly the big reason this game has had to cut servers is because of just how awful the development "team" is.  if the games unplayable and buggy in so many ways what else can you expect?

I have tried everything I am capable of to get this garbage to work and its been days.

add some more content instead of fixing the game, that should solve everything (sarcasm)

cant join any servers. loading then back to screen then timing out.

I cannot wait for the day a huge studio professionally tackles this concept for a game and produces something that's actually worth paying for making this a practical joke in retrospect.

everytime there's an update people loose tames, bases, characters, and upload items. most of us have to reinstall the game and guess what that takes hours you don't have. 

in this case i can lo longer play and its been days. 

ive lost a character and i haven't even bothered to submit a ticket that wont be resolved or answered.

the serious problem with this game is the development 'teams' ridiculous lack of attentiveness and professionalism and man does it show throughout this buggy mess.

I host a player dedicated server on my PC (gamepass) and we all join on xbox. This has been working flawlessly for a while until the FE4 update. The 802.12 update on PC hasn't helped either. 

Now when we join we can play for 20 mins or so then one of us will be randomly booted due to a server timeout. This repeats for a random player after a seemingly random amount of time and basically makes the game unplayable as you could be booted at any time. Making us stay near our main base so our dinos and gear isn't lost.

Has anyone else had these issues since FE4 update?

Since the update for Fear Evolved we have not been able to stay logged in for more then 30 minutes, the server is running on win 10 and got the new update this morning and no change. It times each player out after 30 minutes EXACTLY, I've timed it multiple times. It's from the time each player joins. This is a private dedicated server and have had no previous issues with disconnects. Players are on Xbox connecting to the Win 10 private server.

Yeah my friend on xbox crashes very frequently, Its almost unplayable for him since the Win10 fix. Seems to happen most when we are close to each other. 

Most of the issues that I have had to deal with to get this game working have been around Microsoft, Does anyone know if the steam version is this buggy? I think I may have picked the wrong platform for this game 😅