Issues with the Fear Evolved 4 update

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GP , the excuses just dont cut it anymore , if it was just this update that was messed up by the devs then fair enough , but its every update they do. They been updating for 4 or 5 years and they stil

Posted Images

This is crazy. How long has this game been out?  Yet there isn't a game out that has more issues/bugs then this one.  How about fixing the game so people can play instead of worrying about holidays and skins?  A stable game > new halloween hat skin.  I lost all my dinos, and many other things i had saved "safely" in ark data.  Literally months of blood, sweat, and tears lost AGAIN due to Wild card.   How about testing patches before implementing them?  Freeze the servers????  I guess we are just supposed to suck it up, and start from scratch again?  Not being able to login for more then 24 hours is NOT an option when you only allow items to be uploaded for 24 hours into ark data.   This really makes me want to quit the game. 

7 minutes ago, pcbisnice said:

This is crazy. How long has this game been out?  Yet there isn't a game out that has more issues/bugs then this one.  How about fixing the game so people can play instead of worrying about holidays and skins?  A stable game > new halloween hat skin.  I lost all my dinos, and many other things i had saved "safely" in ark data.  Literally months of blood, sweat, and tears lost AGAIN due to Wild card.   How about testing patches before implementing them?  Freeze the servers????  I guess we are just supposed to suck it up, and start from scratch again?  Not being able to login for more then 24 hours is NOT an option when you only allow items to be uploaded for 24 hours into ark data.   This really makes me want to quit the game. 

You know what - raising the ark data timer above 24 hours would be a potential fix for this. There must be some reason however, that they haven't?

17 minutes ago, pcbisnice said:

That is a great idea.  Or, create a way to restore lost ark data in the event of system issues, such as this.

There is it's called rolling back the servers.. I've been watching this thread since yesterday morning. I probably have the fattest base in pearl on Center in all of Ark history and it's been getting griefed for 9 days now but at this point I can't even defend because we're all locked out. I took the day off from work yesterday to build up my pearl, what got destroyed outside atleast. 10:30 rolls around nd boom update hits I think oh cool dodo rex I'm ready for that nd then NOPE I thought it was an issue on my end, I uninstalled nd reinstalled, I ported all my connections, I called my isp nd had them refresh all my connections, I turned my VPN's nd firewalls off, I updated nd rolled back drivers, I tried EVERYTHING I could think of before I realized that it was NOT on my end. WC needs to roll back the servers & extend the event! I've seen all the comments about "Complaining isn't doing anything." All I'm saying is they need to roll back all the servers & unofficial servers need to do the same. It's just plain out not right that hundreds of hours & days of work are being wasted not due to our own neglect but instead at fault of the company's lack of due diligence. Oh & while this is going on they're planning a platform wide server maintenance. Dude. One at a time. You'll never get anything done efficiently with this many irons in the fire.

43 minutes ago, OdisGrey said:

So the Dev's are actually aware of this issue affecting PC players at least? Like they have admitted they realize it's raptored up right now?

That's at least a step in the right direction.

Yes they know of the issue & have submitted the patch to Microsoft for certification, even though anytime like right now would be great I'm more so expecting it tomorrow at some time.

Hello!

I am looking for some help with an issue I have with ark after recently purchasing it. (windows 10 version)

I am unable to join any online servers (official and unofficial)

When I try to join a server, it takes me to the loading screen. In the bottom left corner it says "PrimalData_BP's" for a few seconds.

Then it takes me back to the server selection page.  It will say "joining server" for 30 seconds before giving me an error message "Joining Failed. Connection Timeout"

I have tried several "fixes" that I found without any luck. I have been on google looking for a solution for hours without any luck. This has been quite frustrating, since I cannot play a game I just purchased. if anyone has a fix, or any other suggestions I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you!

-Fletch

Edited by Fletch290
38 minutes ago, enragedtemper said:

Yes they know of the issue & have submitted the patch to Microsoft for certification, even though anytime like right now would be great I'm more so expecting it tomorrow at some time.

The red banner at the top says:

We will be conducting Official Server Maintenance for PC, PS4, and Xbox on Thursday 10/29 commencing on PC at 10 AM Eastern. This rolling downtime will occur on each platform successively and we expect downtime of approximately two hours for each network. 

This sweeping infrastructure upgrade intends to resolve problems relating to character loss, player timeout, latency, and failure to download or upload player data.  We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding as we make improvements to our networks to ensure the smoothest possible experience while playing on the Official Network.

19 minutes ago, Fletch290 said:

Hello!

I am looking for some help with an issue I have with ark after recently purchasing it. (windows 10 version)

I am unable to join any online servers (official and unofficial)

When I try to join a server, it takes me to the loading screen. In the bottom left corner it says "PrimalData_BP's" for a few seconds.

Then it takes me back to the server selection page.  It will say "joining server" for 30 seconds before giving me an error message "Joining Failed. Connection Timeout"

I have tried several "fixes" that I found without any luck. I have been on google looking for a solution for hours without any luck. This has been quite frustrating, since I cannot play a game I just purchased. if anyone has a fix, or any other suggestions I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you!

-Fletch

Currently the game is broken for the windows 10 version you’ll probably have to wait until 10 am tmrw to play since the devs don’t care at all.

Ok, so for you Ark newbies out there, here's my .02 cents after several years of playing.  

If you play on Windows 10, you will almost always be the last group to enjoy new content.  This is due to many reasons, not all of them are Wildcard's fault, it just is what it is.  It will not change.  Accept this and you will be happier in life and in Ark.

Ark is not a perfect game.  The admins are not perfect.  The coding team, the network team, nor the Wildcard leadership team are perfect.  Cedric is darn near perfect, but that's just because he's cool.  I miss Jenn, too.  However, you should not expect perfection from any video game, especially this one.  It is digital dust.  You are also not perfect, so don't be a hypocrite.

If you are an impatient person, this may not be the game for you. OR, it may be God/Gaia/Allah's will to make you love this game enough to learn patience through it.  It also may be a great tool to teach you humility, so be careful should you wail or gnash your teeth at your punishment.  Go play minecraft or peggle while you wait; you'll be more grateful when you can come back to Ark.  Those games are just bloody awful.

Lastly, to a few of you out there who stomp your feet and act like children  (you know who you are), stop hiding behind your keyboard while hurling insulting tweets and insolent demands at people who are, I guarantee you, doing their darnedest to fix this as soon as possible.  I want better communication just like you, and I'd like to play as much or even more than you, but I've learned over time that addressing people who can do things for you get results far quicker than acting like a child.

• Facepalm 1