Element farm.

Hamayka

20 hours ago, wizard03 said:

with the upcomeing changes, might have to argue that the island will be better....did all 3 bosses a few days ago, got 400+ element, however with the upcomeing TLC, they are going to double it. So its looking like possibly 800 + element if you do all the alpha boss's 😮

I'd argue against that. While the boss fights are short, the prep time is longer. A 50k vein will yield 500 to 700 element with a 500 melee Mantis and 298 pick. It only takes about 15 minutes to run so unless your unfortunate it should take you between 30 and 45 minutes. 

They are now instituting breedable Mantis' so now you'll have imprint bonus damage plus much higher melee. I suspect that will cause a vein nerf at some point but until it does, 1k+ element will be the norm.

14 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I'd argue against that. While the boss fights are short, the prep time is longer. A 50k vein will yield 500 to 700 element with a 500 melee Mantis and 298 pick. It only takes about 15 minutes to run so unless your unfortunate it should take you between 30 and 45 minutes. 

They are now instituting breedable Mantis' so now you'll have imprint bonus damage plus much higher melee. I suspect that will cause a vein nerf at some point but until it does, 1k+ element will be the norm.

Out of curiosity, which dinos do you use to protect the veins against waves of corrupted dinos ? My fellow players on my server and I are new to Extinction and we use our Wyverns' breaths because we noticed that their breaths don't damage the veins. But wyverns are slow and breaths use stamina quickly. Gigas are great for OSD, but for veins it's not ideal because of the little veins everywhere around the central one. So I'm curious about your strategy.

16 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Ok, I can't argue that point. Shame you can't transfer it, but the ability to farm then build as needed will be much more streamlined. 

On 10/27/2020 at 12:21 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

15 minutes to run a 50k vein? Please tell me WC has finally come up with a fix for having to chase down all the corrupted that get stuck or distracted on the way.

14 hours ago, Elgar said:

Out of curiosity, which dinos do you use to protect the veins against waves of corrupted dinos ? My fellow players on my server and I are new to Extinction and we use our Wyverns' breaths because we noticed that their breaths don't damage the veins. But wyverns are slow and breaths use stamina quickly. Gigas are great for OSD, but for veins it's not ideal because of the little veins everywhere around the central one. So I'm curious about your strategy.

With PvE settings you don't damage the veins so I just run a Giga. I tried a Reaper once for fun but they just don't do enough damage before stuff is broken.

Perhap's really good Deino's would be alright because of bleed effect?

3 hours ago, zero064 said:

15 minutes to run a 50k vein? Please tell me WC has finally come up with a fix for having to chase down all the corrupted that get stuck or distracted on the way.

I rarely get that on veins and only occasionally on OSD's. The OSD one's very rarely will I get one of those that takes longer than 5 minutes to find its way. 

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I rarely get that on veins and only occasionally on OSD's. The OSD one's very rarely will I get one of those that takes longer than 5 minutes to find its way. 

Yea, now that I think about it the problem was mostly with the lower level veins, at least for me. The dilos and maybe the pteranodons tend to get sidetracked on the way. I do know that I've spent countless minutes waiting around while it said there were 2 or 3 more left.

18 hours ago, Elgar said:

There are many ways to do it. If you have a few tribemates available, you can breed some good manas and ride them for the 25k veins. (Don't let the manas defend on their own -- they'll jump all over the place.) I've done this many times with just me and one other person.

For the 50k veins, we have decent line of rexes so we take a bunch of them (usually 12-15, but the number will vary greatly depending on saddles and how good they are). Spread them around the approaches to the vein on aggressive. Then we ride manas, using their breath attacks to either take down the wyverns or freeze them so the rexes can finish them off.

The downside to this strategy is that we have to spend a fair amount of time herding the rexes back to the vein. We also have to be ready to throw some of the rexes into pods if their health starts getting low. (Or if you have enough tribemates, have somebody on a snow owl ready to do some healing between waves.)

One thing to note about the rex method -- I haven't tried it on a server where the dinos can damage the veins. If that were the case I'd position them further out and be prepared to spend even more time herding them to the right spots, and have somebody near the main vein with a giga or really good mana to handle anything that gets through. You may well find that even though the gigas are big and clumsy, they are easier to deal with than herding a bunch of rexes around.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:16 AM, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

cant you just spawn tons of element using comand? I fouund out a code on the gogle where i can easily make 100 element every 10 minutes..

Are you spawning the element 1 by 1 that you only get 100 in 10 min??? Haha

Btw, thats not how most people like to play the game and is not possible if you are not on single player or own the server.

4 hours ago, Baklap said:

Are you spawning the element 1 by 1 that you only get 100 in 10 min??? Haha

Btw, thats not how most people like to play the game and is not possible if you are not on single player or own the server.

you can go into cheat mode, spawn unstable element, let it spoil into normal element, and you can make unlimited amounts

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Why would you spawn unstable element over element? It makes no sense to me.

you can push the A button 50000 times and it will all turn into normal element in less than 2 minutes

Doing the spawn command take a bit of time to finess, and multiple readings and hopefully getting all the numbers and letters perfectly right, and in the end, why even bother spawning that much in? If you want tek, cheat mode makes it without needing it......the only thing its needed for after building stuff is to fuel your suits, saddle, and what not. =/

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, wizard03 said:

you can push the A button 50000 times and it will all turn into normal element in less than 2 minutes

Ah yeah... consoles. Guess it can be easier for them. On PC one can simply ⬆️ + [ENTER] and get a stack of 100 every times.

Archived