Whats the Best Stats to boost in the dunkleosteus & basilosaurus?

STUL

I wouldn't say tuso is giga of the seas. I'll give that title to mosa. Dunkly is pretty tanky so level health only a little. I use dunklys like water transport guys since they get that weight reduction on lots of stuff. Level their weight a bunch. Stamina would be wise to upgrade and a couple points in melee.

Also, I have to comment on how you aren;t a water guy but have a dunkly, basilo, and tuso. Dunkly and tuso being one of the hardest water tames lol.

8 hours ago, STUL said:

hey, never been a fan of the water in ark lol but just got a dunkleosteus & basilosaurus oh and a tuso, but not sure where is best to put stats and after looking on google etc im none the wiser :( so anyone could help that would be great. Am i right in thinking the tuso is the giga of the sea? thanks

Much like rex's, the tuso and basil are nice to have extra health points so that if you use the basil in the cave, he can take a few hits. I try to aim for 50k health as a minimum.....the rest go straight into melee. And if I feel like I overkilled both health and melee, then maybe a pinch into weight......he is going to be your best mount for the water caves.
Now as for the tuso, you can do one of two things.....either put all his points into health so that you can use him to "grab" something you wish to tame, say a shark or even a mosa, or put his points into  health and melee to become a alpha mosa or alpha tuso hunter. In the end, he is just a really big weird underwater rex.

Now as for the dunky, they are really good at gathering underwater materials.....On the island, he is good for stone and oil, but on other maps, he can also gather metal.....You will probably want to level him up like he was an anky. Weight and melee.

There is, intentionally one presumes, no clear answer here.

I'll give an analogous situation. I've just swapped from the traditional melee heavy Anky build with Argy and mate for boost and extra weight to a single weight Anky plus Argy. And instead of mowing an entire mountain I hit multiple select rich spots with teleport beds and their own forges.

There are simply too many variables to consider realistically, travel time, dismount time, e.t.c. So i just went with the most convenient method.

So it's heavily context dependant.

So leveling melee on your Dunk may increase metal per bite but what if leveling speed got you from node to node and back to base faster?

23 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

I wouldn't say tuso is giga of the seas. I'll give that title to mosa.

Mmm, except that you're not safe at all on a Mosa alone, while you're totally safe on a Tuso alone. Both are affected by Cnidarias, but you will be dismounted on a Mosa, and you will never be dismounted on a Tuso.

Mosa encountering Cnidarias = high risk of death for you, Tuso encountering Cnidarias = little annoyance.

Your Tuso can even grab Alphas (Mosas, Megalodons), and it can flee at high speed if needed (press C).

Don't get me wrong, I like the Mosa too, and I use it, but as far as I'm concerned Tuso is highly superior to Mosa. And of course the Basilo is overall the more versatile aquatic dino.

To answer OP : for these 3 dinos (Basilo, Tuso, Mosa) I put all their points in Melee. Maybe a few ones in Health if the dino has a weak HP stat. As for Dunky, I put points in Melee, Weight and Stamina.

I do about ten points into weight and rest into melee. 

I have one dedicated tuso thats imprinted, so 20% extra movement speed. I then spent every stat point into movement speed. I use this tuso for finding and grabbing things to tame. Faster to find, faster to bring back, but once tusos get even just the imprint movement speed, they become useless for fighting. Very hard to get them to stay in place, and they start awkwardly turning away and resuming "flight mode" when you turn them around to fight something. 

Long story short, having a dedicated speed tuso has a lot of utility once you already have an allround/fighting tuso. 

2 hours ago, Elgar said:

Mmm, except that you're not safe at all on a Mosa alone, while you're totally safe on a Tuso alone. Both are affected by Cnidarias, but you will be dismounted on a Mosa, and you will never be dismounted on a Tuso.

Only time you should be getting Shocked by Cnidaria on a Mosa is in a water cave. Mosa is much faster, hits harder, and in my experience wild ones have a higher health stat than Tusos(Maybe I just get bad health levels though). I also find a lot more high armor saddles for Mosas, and an Imprinted Mosa is a ridiculous speed demon that can easily solo anything that isn't a 150 Alpha Tuso or Mosa. 

For me personally, Mosa has the edge on Tusos. 

Archived