programming Looking for SQL & web app programmers for tribe inventory management project

Firetruck

Hey everybody,

As I've played Ark over a couple years, I've been engulfed with the idea of a tribe inventory management system. I know a lot of mods have already built this kind of thing into the game, but instead of a mod I want a third-party tool that players can use on official WC server clusters. The system wouldn't just track available tribe resources, but create a tribe monetary/points system based on materials members would contribute to the tribe.

I started out making all my tribemates use an excel spreadsheet I created, which turned out to be a surprisingly fun exercise for them. While at first tedious, they soon loved watching their points go up and seeing their hard work physically presented on a leaderboards tab. Tribemates eventually started using their points to trade for each others dinos, items, services etc. It was really a thing of beauty seeing the members participate in the tribe economy. It also amazed me at how fast resources could be accumulated with primitive collection methods and a large player-base. The only bottleneck to tribe growth/expansion was on the administrative side: dealing with errors in the spreadsheet, and the time-consuming process of onboarding new members.

I have since begun to study actual relational databases, database management systems, and entity-relational diagrams/schemas. Are there any members of this community that are skilled/well versed in such things? If you're interested in this kind of project, I would love to connect. Leave your comments about this idea here, or you can reach out to me personally.

Cheers!

-Firetruck (Twig)

Archived