Rock Drake Egg Farming

FLURSH3D

Alright so basically I play on official PVE servers, and between the last two events, the egg farming for drakes has seemed to change. Last event, it USED to be that you'd lead a drake to the last nest of the main nesting area, de-render the nest, and it'd lay an egg. Now it appears that the nests have an interval in which the eggs can be laid, I timed it about 2 minutes, and the initial drakes around the nest are the only ones that will lay(dead or not). I've been farming the same nest for an hour, and the same 175 that was there at the beginning (now dead) seems to lay the egg. If anyone has anything else to say on this topic let me know, my observations may be completely off, so I'd like to know! Thank you!

21 hours ago, FLURSH3D said:

Alright so basically I play on official PVE servers, and between the last two events, the egg farming for drakes has seemed to change. Last event, it USED to be that you'd lead a drake to the last nest of the main nesting area, de-render the nest, and it'd lay an egg. Now it appears that the nests have an interval in which the eggs can be laid, I timed it about 2 minutes, and the initial drakes around the nest are the only ones that will lay(dead or not). I've been farming the same nest for an hour, and the same 175 that was there at the beginning (now dead) seems to lay the egg. If anyone has anything else to say on this topic let me know, my observations may be completely off, so I'd like to know! Thank you!

I play PVE as well and i've seen this too, but never associated it with the dead drakes.  during the last event i was lucky that i ended up with 10 eggs at lvl 170 that all look identical when hatched and the event colors are red with yellow tipped wings.  i really love them.  i spent all day yesterday on a nest that was spawning lvl 185s and i farmed about 25.  ive hatched 4 and they all look the same, but like normal drakes :(.  it seems to spawn a low level egg occasionally but then goes right back to the 185s.  not sure what the mechanic is that determines them as i've cleared out all the drakes and left the area for hours at a time.  

Archived