Logitech Keyboard

Azoroth87

Hey all, I have a logitech wireless keyboard. While playing ARK there are times where it cuts out and stops working. Sometimes take a while (like 5-10 seconds) to respond. Will usually go through phases where it'll work fine but then will happen often. I've come to keep a USB keyboard next to my desk for when it gets bad.

Thought it was the keyboard so bought a new one. Same issue. It doesn't happen with any other game or program or anything. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks all!

P.S. Please don't just say to get a wired keyboard. Looking for a fix or if anybody else has had the issue.

22 hours ago, Fresiki said:

I don't know exactly what's going on, but I've had input lag in my system before. I never figured what caused it but a full format and re-installation of everything on my computer fixed it. It only happens in Ark?

Yes. It's only with ARK. As soon as I close ARK they keyboard works like normal. It's more than just "lag" is the weird thing. It's like it completely loses connection or something. Like it goes to sleep or something. The mouse (which uses the same USB dongle) works fine. I've tried in multiple other games as well. 

Note: this is a relatively new install with new SSD so pretty fresh system. 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, Azoroth87 said:

Hey all, I have a logitech wireless keyboard. While playing ARK there are times where it cuts out and stops working. Sometimes take a while (like 5-10 seconds) to respond. Will usually go through phases where it'll work fine but then will happen often. I've come to keep a USB keyboard next to my desk for when it gets bad.

Thought it was the keyboard so bought a new one. Same issue. It doesn't happen with any other game or program or anything. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks all!

P.S. Please don't just say to get a wired keyboard. Looking for a fix or if anybody else has had the issue.

ARK is basically an abusive program, quite often it will consume as much of your computer's resources as it can, and when a computer is having it's resources pushed to the max it's normal for wireless devices to have communication problems. It can happen to hard-wired keyboards & mice too, but it's worse with wireless.

There are really only two fixes for this, buy a more powerful computer or use a wired keyboard. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's just reality, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Wired devices are more dependable than wireless devices, this will always be true.

What kind of PC do you have? If laptop, try USB port on the opposite side of the machine. Or if they are somehow all in back, a different USB port that's not the nearest one to the one you are already using.

If a stationary, your USB ports will usually be grouped as two and two on your motherboard. I simply am not sure about the insides of a laptop but it's the same principle there. Try a different "cluster" of USB ports. The various USB ports on your computer will use different chipsets. Some of them will have higher priority and bandwidth than others, even though they are same specced.

That is to say, my USB sound card can stutter when I record through my USB 3.0 inputs because it uses an older chipset, but works fine on my USB 2.0 inputs, even though those have lower technical specs, because at the time of the making of my motherboard, or for whatever price cutting reasons, they chose a cheaper or poorer-performing USB 3.0 chipset for two of my four USB 3.0 ports. Interestingly, the 3.0 ports on the front I/O panel works faster than the one on my motherboard, although the other chipset is like right on the motherboard, while this has to be connected with a cable..

It's the best advice I can give other than a full format and re-installation of everything to get rid of old registry entry errors, layers of driver updates and devices and system services running down your system, etc. It could have to do with that if it's an older machine. Edit: oh right, you said new system. It almost feels like I kinda had the same kind of problem once before. Is it that "Unify" dongle or something like that? Are you using the extension cable also? Just a shot in the dark but try it without. Or if you are running without, try it with, and try to put the dongle so that your keyboard and it are facing one another. All shots in the dark here.

Edit 2: another shot in the dark. Try disabling or even uninstalling most of the proprietary Logitech software. See if you can get it to work using Windows update to install drivers for it. Are you running older versions of the Logitech configuration software? Do you have different instances/generations of Logitech installed/running as system services? Check your add/remove programs list. If you ever used a different Logitech input device with this compuer, this could be a thing. Or if you actually didn't install the Logitech proprietary software, try installing it. I think you have to have the Unify software to sync the dongle to the keyboard the first time but I don't remember exactly.

Are you using the Logtech smooth scroll extension in your browser? Is the browser usually running in the background when you are playing Ark? Try removing the extension.

Edit 3: If you are running windowed or windowed borderless, try running fullscreen mode. If you have Windows 10, activate "game mode" and make sure the game has full priority while running. If you disabled your page file to protect your SSD, but have a regular HDD, try activating the page file on the disc drive. Or try activating the page file on the SSD for an hour to test. Go into your graphics card settings and change settings from "Quality" to "Performance". Do you happen to have Nvidia? More shots in the dark but you have to think outside the box to fix this issue. Does it also happen when running the game in low memory mode?

Good luck.

Archived