TLC3

Cailean556

On 10/25/2020 at 3:14 PM, Pipinghot said:

there is something wrong with expecting it on the Official servers.

Indeed. I am not 'expecting' what I want on official servers. Hoping for, yes, wishing for yes, expressing what I want yes.
Expecting: no.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:14 PM, Pipinghot said:

Official servers are never going to give you the experience you're looking for.

You cant know that, nor can I.
Things change. Things are added, things are taken away, things are adapted to. specialty servers have been added and taken away. Gamemodes of different kinds, tames and maps of different kinds have come and gone.

This game is how it is now, and the future may bring things that have not been thought of in the immediate moment.

Sharing of ideas, feelings, thoughts, stuff happens or not based on what one knows.

This game is in a constant state of flux, this game has had many changes based on player feedback, and sometimes not.

No harm in hoping.

anyways.... I tabbed into this forum today on accident, but saw notifications (doing google searches regarding my dedi server starting up slowly)
Today I'm test-running LAN dedi servers for myself with zero dino spawns, many options possible.

Yeah, it really feels they aren't quite considering creatures they don't already have their hearts set on for changes. Pretty sure the Karkinos, Basilisk, Drake, Rock Elemental, Griffin, and other unbreedable creatures should be included(Maybe not Rock Elemental, might be busted for soaking).

Also feel like bleed and percentage damage in general is becoming WAY too common. Remember when the Giga and DodoRex, the two strongest creatures in the game full stop, were the only creatures that had percentage damage? Now Gigas, DodoRex, Allos, Deinonychus, Ravagers, Carnos, Megalodon, Thylas, Kentros, and the Dragon are gonna have it. That may not sound like a lot, but keep in mind most of these are fairly common on the maps they are included on baring the Giga, Thyla, DodoRex, and Dragon. To counteract this, I think we need creatures that resist percentage damage, maybe stuff like Trikes and Megachelon, creatures that could use a little bit of edge on the competition. That, or swap the bleed for different abilites. Why have the Carno do a bleed when it could be made into a stone destroying battering ram, or why have Megalodon do a damaging bleed when they could do a "bleed" that simply slows the opponent down, allowing the pack to swarm the usually faster denizens of the deep. 

I like some changes, like directional Doed rolling and such, but it seems they aren't capitalizing on the TLC as much as they should. Who knows what will happen before it gets released. 

4 hours ago, LEDminer said:

They want more % damage so people have more options in PvP. When the enemy has a creature with a massive health pool and a good saddle, the best way to shred it is with bleeds. That's what I think.

Problem is though, % damage is effective against every creature, and those large creatures are still powerful. 

4 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

If we were to do some maths, % damage is more effective against high HP targets than low HP targets. A 1% health bleed per second will kill a low HP target slower than say a 1000 damage per hit source will, not including any damage reductions or armor.

Yeah, but proportionally it's the same amount of damage. A Jerboa takes the same percentage damage as a Titanosaur, but the Jerboa is so frail that it probably died from the first hit. Same thing goes for Carno vs Rex. Sure, the Carno has some percentage damage on its side, but the Rex is just so tanky and powerful that it shrugs off the Carnos melee attacks and chews through the Carno's by comparison meager healthpool. 

29 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Carno bleed is rather slow acting, which means you will lose in a direct fight. But going in, applying the bleed and running out allows you to deal high damage to the rex without taking any yourself.

What I am saying is, bleed is powerful but it also needs to be balanced, so it doesn't invalidate the use of large creatures.

I honestly just think it's annoying. Random Carno hits my Spino while chasing a Galli and boom, I'm out 5% health. Can't imagine how awful pack boosted bleed damage Mate Boosted X-Megalodon are gonna be on Genesis. 

On 10/29/2020 at 7:48 AM, jayespi92 said:

The game simply is NOT this. It isn't some happy fun cute little game. It is ARK: SURVIVAL Evolved. Not ARK: HELLO KITTY ISLAND TAMING ADVENTURES

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SERVER TOO.
What I suggest is already fully capable to exist via configs and contained within an additional server slot,
IN ADDITION TO YOUR HOSTILE WORLD TAKEOVER SERVERS.

When I suggest something to be added, why do people think I am trying to cancel out what is already there???
I am genuinely asking.
I've had numerous times, and numerous games, where I suggest something I'd like to see in the game, and someone replies as if I was trying to cancel out their type, which I never said.
I am so confused why people act that way when I have no intent like they seem to think I do.

Is there some secret hidden language going on that I cant seem to grasp an understanding of?
How can I make a suggestion without someone coming down on me as if I was demanding stuff as if to eliminate it's current existence?

I know they like how the game is. I dont want their type taken away!
I wish to help. I wish to access a type I would like to enjoy, in addition to the already-existing servers.
I'm suggesting (not demanding, not expecting) more places (more server styles in the Ark official network) for more gamer types. Multiple servers with different program variants do exist in Ark already.

I want to have a peaceful server on the official network so I can continue enjoying my tames and my friends that I have enjoyed for years on the official network, and I want to continue to enjoy what I enjoy and have earned and worked with all these years, to not lose all of that with the additional hostile 'features' coming with TLC3.

If I could download my tames and structures to singleplayer/unofficial, I would have no desire for a peaceful official server.

I dont want to lose what I have grown to love over the years.
Quitting Ark Official is like deciding to lose everything.
Continuing to play Ark Official is like deciding to kill myself irl with stress.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Wildcard has the ability to make a third, non-stressful path for me, if they would only choose to make/provide a peaceful server I could move my things to. But at this time, I'm left with a hard choice, and I have to choose what I dont want to choose, the lesser of two evils.

Archived