Advice on finding Dodorex solo

DehydratedWater

i realised that i could just set the time to skip when the dodorex despawns to keep it around. ended up having like 3 on the map at a time because the old ones would stay. i ended up finding one and killing it. it was pretty easy. i was just mounted on my deinonychus and led it into water so it couldn't breathe any fire and the bite attack dealt so little cos i had a pretty good saddle. the bleed effect just shredded it.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, DehydratedWater said:

This is my first time experiencing Fear Evolved and I really want to fight the dodorex for the loot that it gives but everytime it spawns, I struggle to find it. This is in singleplayer so I'm by myself. Does anyone know any good strategies for finding it?

DodoRex only spawns at midnight every few nights I believe. So don't be going round looking for it during the day time.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

In game or in real life? If its in real life, Im screwed on a dodorex fight. Im at work then. x.x

In game time of course. If it was based on real life time then DodoRex would be spawning non-stop based on everyone's location around the world on the server.

12 hours ago, HiImZech said:

pause the game with playersonly command

You guys use command to cheat on the game?? Is that really allowed here in this game? The other guy said he find doddorex and easy kill him because he use hack to keep game all night for 3 days? how is the game even fun if you are allow to cheat game is not fun for me.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

You guys use command to cheat on the game?? Is that really allowed here in this game? The other guy said he find doddorex and easy kill him because he use hack to keep game all night for 3 days? how is the game even fun if you are allow to cheat game is not fun for me.

It's not "cheat" as in abusing the game, it's cheat commands that are given by the game. If people chose to play on single player or private server and use those console commands then that's their right.

2 hours ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

In Fear Evolved 3 on my singleplayer game I only got to encounter the dodorex because it didn't despawn in the morning, for some unkown reason, if it hadn't been for that I would have had to 'cheat' to experience the event at it's fullest. I don't see using commands as cheating I see them as a tool that helps me get the most out of the game.

32 minutes ago, zvrk68 said:

On my non dedicated Ragnarok,Dodo doesnt spawn at all.I mean no warning on screen,no red moon.Event goes on becose i killed two skeletons today and spooky piles are all around.I didnt play Ark before so any tip would be welcome.

Dodorex only spawns on the island map, the dodowyvern also only spawns on SE

On 10/25/2020 at 5:10 AM, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

using commands in ark isn't necessarily cheating and i personally find it useful in keeping the game fun and its one of the reasons why i play singleplayer. i never just spawn in op stuff and dinos and cheat my way through progression but if my character glitches out and i lose my whole inventory for some reason, like somehow glitching through the world border, i would use commands to get my gear back. using commands to extend the night is completely fair to me because playing singleplayer gives me a disadvantage. if i was on a server, i could have tribemates all around the map looking for the dodorex which would make it quite easy to find it in one night. i didn't want to waste lots of time waiting for the dodorex to spawn and hope that it appears in an easy to find spot.

killing the dodorex didn't require any commands as it was done using normal game features, the deinonychus bleed effect and a weird bug? or mechanic? where the dodorex doesn't breathe fire in water. even if it did breathe the fire, im fairly sure just changing the strategy up a bit by being in the water myself would have negated the fire damage. 

23 hours ago, DehydratedWater said:

using commands in ark isn't necessarily cheating and i personally find it useful in keeping the game fun and its one of the reasons why i play singleplayer. i never just spawn in op stuff and dinos and cheat my way through progression but if my character glitches out and i lose my whole inventory for some reason, like somehow glitching through the world border, i would use commands to get my gear back. using commands to extend the night is completely fair to me because playing singleplayer gives me a disadvantage. if i was on a server, i could have tribemates all around the map looking for the dodorex which would make it quite easy to find it in one night. i didn't want to waste lots of time waiting for the dodorex to spawn and hope that it appears in an easy to find spot.

killing the dodorex didn't require any commands as it was done using normal game features, the deinonychus bleed effect and a weird bug? or mechanic? where the dodorex doesn't breathe fire in water. even if it did breathe the fire, im fairly sure just changing the strategy up a bit by being in the water myself would have negated the fire damage. 

fair point. I went to cave and use a command to make me immortal, its good and its still hard because its a labyrint inside cave so i dont think its cheating to use imortal mode, but can you tell me why i found no lootbox inside cave?? nothing inside cave, just insects, and they dont die at all afteer 10 shots... this game hard cave cannot complete game.... help

I just cant find him, ive wasted 2 full days and a half (irl btw) but havent found him not even once, yeah im on island, yeah im waiting till the third night i even see the message pop up when dodorex spawns, but i just cant find him, like why does It have to be random on the whole map, atleast some clue or anything

Archived