Community Crunch 243: Tender Loving Care 3 Details, Official Server Maintenance and More!

StudioWildcard

We anticipate that the TRANSFER downtime could last up to 24 hours, and this could be simultaneously on PC, Xbox, and PS4 or take place one after the other. We will provide a more specific timeline of when this update will take place per platform early next week.

Thought we get information early this week about the transfer downtime. its the 28th, so the 2nd day it might happen, but still nothing - or am i mistaken ? would be nice to know. none of us wants to get stuck on FoB Servers :) 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Moedred said:

Thought we get information early this week about the transfer downtime. its the 28th, so the 2nd day it might happen, but still nothing - or am i mistaken ? would be nice to know. none of us wants to get stuck on FoB Servers :) 

Nice, I love that you decided to "tweak/update" the transfers systems after I have lost numerous things over a short period of time due to it, including my main character. Any plans on getting any of the exploits fixed by some miraculous chance?(phasing through walls, stealing eggs from underneath bases, etc.) Gotta love being told that even though my character was still in the overworld ingame just unlinked from my account there is absolutely no way to relink, or that support had such a weak reclamation process for when these events did happen.(aside from also having to make an appointment for a month after the fact) Enough to make a person proud of losing months of work and time and lose interest indefinitely. Keep up the great work! 🙃

• Facepalm 1

On 10/27/2020 at 3:13 PM, GP said:

I think that would be rather pointless. When was the last time the Switch got any news or updates?

True but they could try to release an update to make ark on switch actually decent like the new maps the dlcs maybe Idk they could just fix the entire game and possibly make it a game on the switch that is good at least

On 10/31/2020 at 12:34 PM, Noa said:

Megalodon

• Reduced gestation/aging times to match Megaloceros
  • Pack Bonus: Damage Reduction and Damage Increase per pack member within range
  • Added a bleed to its basic attack

Sound to me like basilo nerf.

So Wyverns nerf, Basilosaurus nerf ( megalodon pack buff).. what else?

The wyvern nerf I understand, by making them breed-able they could actually be stronger then they are now. As is the case with crystal wyverns, from my what I have seen of with them at least.

As for a basilo nerf, how is it a nerf to them? They are still immune to jellyfish and being grabbed by squids. If anything wouldn't buffing the megalodons be good for them, as it allows for better defense for the basilo? A small pack of buffed sharks plus a basilo makes it sound like being in the water would be less dangerous.

6 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

The wyvern nerf I understand, by making them breed-able they could actually be stronger then they are now. As is the case with crystal wyverns, from my what I have seen of with them at least.

As for a basilo nerf, how is it a nerf to them? They are still immune to jellyfish and being grabbed by squids. If anything wouldn't buffing the megalodons be good for them, as it allows for better defense for the basilo? A small pack of buffed sharks plus a basilo makes it sound like being in the water would be less dangerous.

After 7. november go for artifact of the cunning.

Have fun with alpha and other level 300 megalodons with pack buff.

5 hours ago, wortsidies said:

This looks sick, especially wyvern breeding and weight reduction on the anky. Also the doed turning while rolling. 

Also looking forward to the rework of the stego and mammoth.

Doedi can roll only when able to run using shift button. As soon he have weight shift do not work.

Usually ppl apply all points in weight and damage assuming he have enough oxygen for some underwater work.

To travel on stone farming location you dont use doedi but argy which will take 3+ x doedi weight or skiff able to take 2 and half  argy weight

So doedi rolling and turning dont get used so often.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:09 AM, Noa said:

After 7. november go for artifact of the cunning.

Have fun with alpha and other level 300 megalodons with pack buff.

Okay? That didn't answer my questions, I asked how it was a basilo nerf, and if buffing them would be better defense for a basilo. Buffing the sharks could make water caves that have sharks in them harder, which is why I didn't say water caves but water in general. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Okay? That didn't answer my questions, I asked how it was a basilo nerf, and if buffing them would be better defense for a basilo. Buffing the sharks could make water caves that have sharks in them harder, which is why I didn't say water caves but water in general. 

They view it as a Basilo nerf because Basilos are the go to mount in the water, particularly due to being immune to dismounting. When you go into caves and agro a 300+ Alpha Shark and get 30 other 200+ sharks and Dunkles etc all swarm on you then imagine what 10 high level sharks will be like that all have damage reduction, pack boost and bleed effect.

So although the Basilo hasn't been touched directly, it's severely impacted by such a change.

5 hours ago, GP said:

They view it as a Basilo nerf because Basilos are the go to mount in the water, particularly due to being immune to dismounting. When you go into caves and agro a 300+ Alpha Shark and get 30 other 200+ sharks and Dunkles etc all swarm on you then imagine what 10 high level sharks will be like that all have damage reduction, pack boost and bleed effect.

So although the Basilo hasn't been touched directly, it's severely impacted by such a change.

That is technically a unintended side effect not a nerf. It does however, explain why it was being called a basilo nerf. So, thank you for explaining it to me.