Moving, whats with aberration?

wizard03

16 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

So we getting ready to move on from scorched earth and onto aberation.....Any advice? We will be transferring, so if we "need" something, Im sure we can bring it.

Take a tek transmitter with you if you can, getting off aberration can be hard as the obs are on the surface which is on fire during the day and covered with nasties at night.

For me, Abberration is one of the harder maps to start off on, so I would transfer all you can to quickly establish a small base, as you get your bearings.

Tame light pets, (as previously mentioned by someone) .

Abberration is my favorite map, but can be a bitch when first starting. a GPS will be useful as well , as it takes some time to learn you're way around the map. Since there aren't any OBs that you can use as visual landmarksreally.

Also I second the transmitter idea. Really helps on a map like Abb.

10 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

Bring teleporters and tek gens

Wait, don't I need element for that? Its going to just kinda sit around till I get the stuff for a single peice of element, isn't it? I do not have the element dust to element engram learned yet. =/

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

watch out for surface, it's bugged right now.  I wouldn't go to the surface until there is a formal announcment that they fixed the burning up at night issue.

Dang, wanted to go kick a alpha reapers butt to see what kinda goodies it would give me, that sucks. 

Ok, so its as I feared......Well with that said, should I bring tek building or will metal or stone work?

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

stone is perfectly suitable for most of aberation.  seems day time is beginning at 02:00 right now on the map.  SO there's a tiny window you cna go up there right now, wait for days that end in 7-9 for the most time out there.

Gotchya......and still curiouse about the element for the tek gen. Is it a good idea, or should I just stick with a basic gas gen?

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Gotchya......and still curiouse about the element for the tek gen. Is it a good idea, or should I just stick with a basic gas gen?

Tek gens are always useful for tek troughs and teleporters, you farm element there by harvesting materials that you then trade at these stations for 3 element at a time.  It can be a slow process.  You can use dust gachas but since you can't bring over snow owls, either you need to constantly import owl pellets or you feed them stuff like y-traps,  or war maps maybe work.  Stone wouldn't get you the same amount of dust like it would when you can have them loaded with owl pellets eating stone or seeds. 

23 hours ago, wizard03 said:

So we getting ready to move on from scorched earth and onto aberation.....Any advice? We will be transferring, so if we "need" something, Im sure we can bring it.

Ive learned that making wooden landmarks and lots of zip lines is the way to go

also never EVER spawn in at the portal room there are ravagers and raptors and no water

bulb dogs.........tame them 

and be prepared to die......A lot 

btw When you ready for them I can even get on and help with rock drakes if you want.  

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Tek gens are always useful for tek troughs and teleporters, you farm element there by harvesting materials that you then trade at these stations for 3 element at a time.  It can be a slow process.  You can use dust gachas but since you can't bring over snow owls, either you need to constantly import owl pellets or you feed them stuff like y-traps,  or war maps maybe work.  Stone wouldn't get you the same amount of dust like it would when you can have them loaded with owl pellets eating stone or seeds. 

have not went to extinction yet, been doing them in the order they seem to have came out......island conquered. SE beaten, up next is aberration

1 hour ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

btw When you ready for them I can even get on and help with rock drakes if you want.  

I really wish I could man, I still can't get online. I have tried everything on my router, I have tried everything on my xbox......no matter what I do its allways the same thing {could not retrive address......Its so weird, I can play everything I got online EXCEPT ark......I hate it. >.<

Before moving anything, I'd suggest you go explore the map in SP first and find potential base/resources spots you might otherwise overlook. It's also worth scouting some of these spots on the actual destination server before transfering. Some locations might be taken aleady, while others are indicators of the activity/progress of established tribes on the server.

Take plenty of parachutes/bolas/canteens as this map can be very treacherous.

2 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Before moving anything, I'd suggest you go explore the map in SP first and find potential base/resources spots you might otherwise overlook. It's also worth scouting some of these spots on the actual destination server before transfering. Some locations might be taken aleady, while others are indicators of the activity/progress of established tribes on the server.

Take plenty of parachutes/bolas/canteens as this map can be very treacherous.

Sadly Im strictly in SP. bigchingus7890 was my tribe mate while I was online, but ever since I changed my internet service provider and am on a hotspot device, I have not been able to get back online. I keep getting "cannot retrieve address" error. =/

But big thanks on the heads up for chutes......I didn't even think of that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 2:15 PM, Aushegun said:

For me, Abberration is one of the harder maps to start off on, so I would transfer all you can to quickly establish a small base, as you get your bearings.

Tame light pets, (as previously mentioned by someone) .

Abberration is my favorite map, but can be a bitch when first starting. a GPS will be useful as well , as it takes some time to learn you're way around the map. Since there aren't any OBs that you can use as visual landmarksreally.

Also I second the transmitter idea. Really helps on a map like Abb.

I remember a time you wouldn't even log on the map because you hated it !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived