Going to easiest cave for first time (help)

I am going to the easiest cave on the island map, its my first cave experience, I am aware its hard but I have been playing the game for weeks now and its time to do something meaningful or wont be completing this game any time soon. 

So I have 2 dinos now (had 3 dinos killed days ago by a Therizinosaurus that killed my dinos through a wall (game glitch). I didnt ask support about the dinos and instead Ive decided its time to move on and complete game.

I have 2 dinos one its  Parasaur level 45 (the other one that died was just level 5) and I have got a level 7 Sabertooth. No matter where I do my researches the Sabertooth is said to be a recommended dino to enter the cave. But I cant find info about my level 45 Parasaur. Its full health :) with more than 2100 HP!!! And have lots 150% speed movement! Also have a good amount of cargo space to put my Arrows and Wood Bow and Food and lots of fried meat before they rot in my base.

My question is, should I take my Parasaur or should Sabertooth as well just in case? I am afraid he will die because he is only 230 HP... Help please. I will enter the cave because I was told to get the shotgun blueprint. thanks.

Just a few points here. One does not simply 'complete' Ark, you play it forever and then you die (probably of obesity or through neglecting your own hygiene rather than old age). So, do what you want and have fun, there's no pressure. Losing a few dinos by a game glitch is an everyday experience for most players. You'll get used to it and I'd be surprised if support helped you with that. 

You haven't said which cave it is you're attempting, or if it's single player or official or anything. I'm going to assume it's an island cave on official. You'll probably die on either the parasaur or the sabertooth. A high level theri is a good option, and you can improve your chances by using a high armour saddle (if you can find one) and bringing sweet veggie cakes to heal. 

12 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Just a few points here. One does not simply 'complete' Ark, you play it forever and then you die (probably of obesity or through neglecting your own hygiene rather than old age). So, do what you want and have fun, there's no pressure. Losing a few dinos by a game glitch is an everyday experience for most players. You'll get used to it and I'd be surprised if support helped you with that. 

You haven't said which cave it is you're attempting, or if it's single player or official or anything. I'm going to assume it's an island cave on official. You'll probably die on either the parasaur or the sabertooth. A high level theri is a good option, and you can improve your chances by using a high armour saddle (if you can find one) and bringing sweet veggie cakes to heal. 

hey hello, I am on Island map in southern spawining, solo server, single player mode. Thanks for the tips. But I have seen a guy complete the game in 3 hours on youtbe and it seemed easy as it was. Its called "Ark world record completion" and he realy completed the game that quick. My parasaur will die on cave? But with 2000hp nothing was able to kil him. Had an encounter with a pack of T-REX dinosaurs and my Parasaur obliterated them to pieces!!! Thing is those are the only dinosaurs I have. I prefer to stay away from Therinosaurus rexes because They always kill me, luckly I observe them from afar so everytime I need to pick stone and wood I go alone and leave my Parasaur safe at the base thats why Therinosaurus Rexes always kill me when I am solo :)

5 hours ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

So I have 2 dinos now (had 3 dinos killed days ago by a Therizinosaurus that killed my dinos through a wall (game glitch). I didnt ask support about the dinos and instead Ive decided its time to move on and complete game. I have 2 dinos one its  Parasaur level 45 (the other one that died was just level 5) and I have got a level 7 Sabertooth. No matter where I do my researches the Sabertooth is said to be a recommended dino to enter the cave. But I cant find info about my level 45 Parasaur. Its full health :) with more than 2100 HP!!! And have lots 150% speed movement! Also have a good amount of cargo space to put my Arrows and Wood Bow and Food and lots of fried meat before they rot in my base. My question is, should I take my Parasaur or should Sabertooth as well just in case? I am afraid he will die because he is only 230 HP... Help please. I will enter the cave because I was told to get the shotgun blueprint. thanks.

I hate it when I loose tames myself bro, but good man for being able to carry on.
As for which one to use, I would say the savertooth as well, however I must ask, do you have a saddle? Are you trying to go in on foot with assistance? Lastly, what is the highest tameable creature you seen?

As for shotgun blueprint, I think you can find one in the red supply drops, but you have to be a very high level to open those. Because of this, Id say you would need to pop open a few of the explorer notes first. And I would highly recommend some more tames first....If possible, a thylocoleo is top of the list of "best cave mounts" But me thinks you may need to level up a bunch more before attempting to tame one.

5 hours ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

hey hello, I am on Island map in southern spawining, solo server, single player mode. Thanks for the tips. But I have seen a guy complete the game in 3 hours on youtbe and it seemed easy as it was. Its called "Ark world record completion" and he realy completed the game that quick. My parasaur will die on cave? But with 2000hp nothing was able to kil him. Had an encounter with a pack of T-REX dinosaurs and my Parasaur obliterated them to pieces!!! Thing is those are the only dinosaurs I have. I prefer to stay away from Therinosaurus rexes because They always kill me, luckly I observe them from afar so everytime I need to pick stone and wood I go alone and leave my Parasaur safe at the base thats why Therinosaurus Rexes always kill me when I am solo :)

I didnt know it was possible for a parasaur to obliterate a pack of rexes... Im guessing max wild dino lvl is 30 or something?

What you want for a cave is a megatherium since they get the bug boost and they are really strong then. As long as they fit in the cave offcourse. Although you could use cryopods of they dont fit in the entrance.

10 hours ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

hello, I'm unsure to what you mean by T-rex dinosaurs, are they by any means larger than your parasaur? As for caving, a baryonyx is great as it is slim and can fit in most caves. Since you are just going into the easiest cave, and if you are playing on lv30 max, I would level that parasaur up to lv60 before going in. Since you can beat up carnivores with that parasaur, just go beat more up and level that parasaur. It'll go in just fine, but you would want a thyla or baryonyx for later caves.

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I hate it when I loose tames myself bro, but good man for being able to carry on.
As for which one to use, I would say the savertooth as well, however I must ask, do you have a saddle? Are you trying to go in on foot with assistance? Lastly, what is the highest tameable creature you seen?

As for shotgun blueprint, I think you can find one in the red supply drops, but you have to be a very high level to open those. Because of this, Id say you would need to pop open a few of the explorer notes first. And I would highly recommend some more tames first....If possible, a thylocoleo is top of the list of "best cave mounts" But me thinks you may need to level up a bunch more before attempting to tame one.

Today was the worse day in my ark experience, and it was thanks to the caves with envrionmental hazards, the lava and snow cave. I lost my main caving dino Bary the baryonyx(yes i know i have a great sense of humour for naming) and my otter. After that i found another otter, but that one died in the snow cave, also a newly tamed high level yuti. Losing dinos sucks, especially since Bary has been with me since my first cave.

21 hours ago, H0mith said:

The ice cage on TheIsland is pretty cool :)  Not to sure if you can take a dino with you tho

yeah, but you have got to have some heavy duty fire power, armor, and healing. Can't ride a dino on the skylord run.

17 hours ago, Jeebusu said:

Today was the worse day in my ark experience, and it was thanks to the caves with envrionmental hazards, the lava and snow cave. I lost my main caving dino Bary the baryonyx(yes i know i have a great sense of humour for naming) and my otter. After that i found another otter, but that one died in the snow cave, also a newly tamed high level yuti. Losing dinos sucks, especially since Bary has been with me since my first cave.

Ouch, and yeah. Had a similar thing happen on the island a couple months ago.....lost my first argy......that was a big bummer. Good news is I had a couple of eggs I stashed back, just in case, but its not the same. =/

Word of advice on the brute snow cave, I just ran one of my boss theri's in it. She works wonderfully in there, however you still have to have either a helper or a yuty to scream at the burried badgers.....those things are a nuisance to deal with. 

10 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Just went there on single player and broke the game with my ferrox in the cave haha   Pics to big to upload :( 

If you did it on xbox, upload them from the capture point and then you can link the xboxdvr.com website. Its a little advertisement heavy, but its free and I think it hooks up to your uploads automatically.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/114074648

Archived