Fear Evolved - Halloween Event

SuhaCro

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is sad wildcard another delay to Xbox players so by the time we get the update I will miss min 5 days of Event since the update won't come thru till 11 pm for me and without an extension of it I will get a week to play and grind to get the event contents. Thanks per typical event going ons in the game it's happened every event now 

This event is a joke, a bad one!

I have bases on the main maps, from island to genesis and ALL of them have bugs after the Halloween update

island: dodorex didn’t spawn or nobody found him, by 20 players it’s hard to say that

se: this is the one map where no serious bugs was found

aberration: was burned on surface at 22:00 by day 10% and night 90%

exitinction: almost of this event is the server offline, more than 10 hours in the last weekend, no corrupted giga or rex spawn, lagging and rubber banding the whole online time

genesis: everyone getting a disconnect at least once every hour

not TEK rex, stegos or trike are spawning on lunar

not x-trike, x-stego or x-rex are spawning on vulcano

additional to this bug, the spawn rate for event stuff is a joke, this event is huge disappointment if you didn’t notice this, login to a ark server and ask the player

According to patch notes, it just got released this morning.

Current Version: v802.11 (Client v802.9) - 10/27/2020

• Fear Evolved 4 is now available until November 6th! Enable with -ActiveEvent=FearEvolved
  • C4 will no longer float when attached to dinos that have been cryo'd
  • Players can demolish structures quickly in GCM by using Q on keyboard or RightBumper+X on Gamepad/R1 + Square.
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to ride dinos whilst being grappled.
  • Fixed multiple level-design related bugs such as holes, floating foliage, incorrect volumes, etc.
  • Fixed multiple mesh exploits
  • Fixed a shooting exploit with TEK Tapejara
  • Added the TEK Trike to the core game so it can now be transferred
  • Added the Master Controller flag to VR Boss
  • Fixed a server crash
  • Shadow and lighting optimisations

59 minutes ago, pcmerlin said:

Searched all over the lands for the ghost or skeleton dinos. Does this work on single player? I get the pumpkins, scarecrows and tombstones popping up. I also dont find any bones even though I tried harvesting bones that normally give salt.

You get the bones from the skeletal dinos, if they aren't spawning try using the destroywilddinos command to force new spawns.

9 hours ago, ColdIce said:

This event is a joke, a bad one!

I have bases on the main maps, from island to genesis and ALL of them have bugs after the Halloween update

island: dodorex didn’t spawn or nobody found him, by 20 players it’s hard to say that

se: this is the one map where no serious bugs was found

aberration: was burned on surface at 22:00 by day 10% and night 90%

exitinction: almost of this event is the server offline, more than 10 hours in the last weekend, no corrupted giga or rex spawn, lagging and rubber banding the whole online time

genesis: everyone getting a disconnect at least once every hour

not TEK rex, stegos or trike are spawning on lunar

not x-trike, x-stego or x-rex are spawning on vulcano

additional to this bug, the spawn rate for event stuff is a joke, this event is huge disappointment if you didn’t notice this, login to a ark server and ask the player

I also have mains on all maps except SE and I experienced none of the bugs you mentioned.

Also, 20 people being unable to find the dodorex isn't a bug, it's bad luck, bad eyesight, or a combination of the two. 

Lagging and rubberbanding is caused by poor server hardware, poor server connection, or player activity. Whenever you make ascendant saddles, the act of filling the tek replicator with cementing paste or hide or fiber in the thousands will cause rubberbanding for everyone else on the server. Whenever you fly past a huge base, the server might lag for everyone else while your stuff loads in. If you transfer to a server with 20 items in yoyr inventory, you are causing a 10-30 second rubberband or DC for every other player on that server. If ten players on a cluster keep moving back and forth between servers on a cluster with a set of gear, a couple of cryopodded dinos and some gathered resources or loot, there's gonna be a lot of rubberbanding on all the servers they transfer to/from. It's not a bug per se. For a server not to rubberband, every player woyld have to exert caution/proper etiquette. The likelihood of that is about the same as having a country where 100% of the people follow the law. 

So I took a small time and managed to log in and play.

Game crashed while above water. Dead.

The place I was had a base too big I think.

Crashed multiple times crash/drown trying to retrive my stuff.

Once a piranha ate me. another time a shark... most times drowned...

30 minutes after I gave up and now I am just sad the game doesnt work properly.

Dont know if I will try again or wait till event is over.

Lost some good stuff I cant replace...

I tried to play the new 2020 Fear event but spent the next thirty minutes being kicked and logging back in. Tried restarting the game and even my xbox, nothing. The game lagged worse than before and my game completely crashed ten times. Each time it  exited the game. In that time I died three times, one of those, I was trying to get back to my based so I can log out safely. I also noticed when I logged on that all my feeding troughs visibility were turned on. I know two of them could not been turned on by anyone because they are in my base. 

within the short time that fear evolved has been running. i have already noticed several things that have gone wrong. with the Tropeognathus the crosshair is right of center. also with the bloodstalker where before you could hold left bumper then press right bumper  to slow fall, and prevent from going into first person every time. instead it now opens the chat window. idk if it is just something that i am doing wrong. i have already logged and restarted my game. the only other thing that i can do is to restart my console and server to see if that corrects it.  

We're on a unofficial where we're finding the Fear Evolved scarecrows, pumpkins and tombstones just fine.

However, we have a major bug/issue where the scarecrows are reverting  to an "Ark Structure" where they can no longer be used in the cooking pot for the event to craft ANYTHING. This is only occurring after a server restart, anyone else experiencing this and if so, is there a work around?

If there's a current thread on this anywhere please let me know. Thanks!

I put this in the Fear Evolved section and it was ignored. Figured I'd make a new topic, see if anyone else has this same problem. Bug reports appear to be ignored. 

Archived