Fear Evolved - Halloween Event

SuhaCro

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing on Valguero, Crystal Isles, and Genesis all weekend. The event is enabled on all 3 maps. No skeleton dinos seen on any of the servers. No Scarecrows on any of the servers. No Graves seen on any of the servers. Only 4 pumpkins collected on Genesis server in the Volcano Biome. No pumpkins on CI or Val.

I agree the rates for the collected event items is low. I purposefully went out to collect them, and all day I found 2 pumpkins and some bones ( meat run for the bones) and a tombstone. I went to Island, AB, Gen and Valg. The dodorex was said to not be spawning because people couldn't find it. However I disproved that one when I walked into our backyard and it said Hi to me with fire!

the spooky piles are functioning almost the same as last year with the exceptions:

you can't be next to structures for the piles to spawn.
The piles are spawning at a lower rate.

How to get them:

Find a nice spot with no close by foundations (10-15 blocks)  stand around in that area and wait for piles to spawn near you.
If you have friends / tribemates on, have them join you at the location, the more players grouped the faster they spawn, as it spawns 1 per player per x minutes.

Don't make big trips around areas, you won't get the spooky piles, as most will spawn behind you and if they can't find a valid spawn location at the current point you've moved too, they won't spawn.  (i.e. sitting on a really small piece of land thats surrounded by water).

scarecrows spawn the least often out of the three, followed by tombstones.  Pumpkins are the most common spawn for the spooky piles.

Edit in: on that note however - in one day we managed to get a total of 5 scarecrow, 20 tombstones and 48 pumplins.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, hugol206 said:

And that's how you spend hours and hours waiting just to craft a simple emote.
This is so wrong. Last year we got more  spooky piles with fewer skins and emotes to craft. I wonder if they play their own game ...

Nobody is forcing you to make the emotes. If you don't think the time vs reward is not worth it. Don't do it.

2 hours ago, hugol206 said:

And that's how you spend hours and hours waiting just to craft a simple emote.
This is so wrong. Last year we got more  spooky piles with fewer skins and emotes to craft. I wonder if they play their own game ...

no they don't, isn't that obvious? the only time they do is during their charity drives. 

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nobody is forcing you to make the emotes. If you don't think the time vs reward is not worth it. Don't do it.

i think its more about the methodology of getting the items then crafting them Joe, this is worse then the event when they made everything take 50 prime meat jerky to make.

"here make 100 preserving bins so you can craft enough jerky before the event ends"

There's also issues with the empty spooky piles not despawning, when that happens, if there is a empty near you that's not despawning, you can stand around for hours on end and not get another spooky pile.

Its true, last year during the Halloween event issues arose with the spooky piles as well at the beginning, this year, its much worse.   I could stay near my building and do other things last year to get the spooky piles, this year, its 'stay clear of any structures!'.  The piles are spawning further from the player this year as well, almost 2x further away, and is probably why many aren't spotting them.

Bone dino's are few and far between but that's not only spawn issues but being there are 20+ people on most servers hunting them down so they can get the bones they need, and when your only getting 4 bones for a bone bronto who has 12k health at level 5, i mean where's the fun in that?   the reward for the dino should equal the difficulty to take them down,  I got 46 bones from a level 15 rex that was gone in 5 bites.

So yeah its a balancing issue again with Wildcard and the Event, Event item Requirements, and Rewards.  Even the candy drops are coming down in a 1-9 chance of having any dino candy in them.  

Events are suppose to be fun for the players, while one expects some grinding, this is overly absurd this year.

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's fine I don't think it's worthwhile and won't be wasting time on it. But it's absolutely fair that people comment here so the development team know that their work has not provided a positive experience for the community

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

That's fine I don't think it's worthwhile and won't be wasting time on it. But it's absolutely fair that people comment here so the development team know that their work has not provided a positive experience for the community

If you want to get something in front of the devs, Twitter is a much better vehicle. 

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

If you want to get something in front of the devs, Twitter is a much better vehicle. 

Don't use it I'm afraid. I know I could @ some of them here or elsewhere if I wanted but I think that's a wee bit rude especially if there are only a few of us having the issue. So in general I'd rather let volume of comments carry the message than do that but thanks for the suggestion.

I suspect they lowered the rates because they don't want people filling vaults with the chibis, like happened with candy hording. But with chibis they won't be able to just delete them all or people would riot. What they should have done is made chibis bond to the players, and unbonded chibis slowly expire. Maybe make the bonding transition it from like an item to more like unlocking an explorer note, so you'd have like a chibi page in inventory to go and look at your collection. Idk if that'd take up less data... idk how the candy took up so much data that they had to delete it all, and yet the servers run like dodos anyways.

2 hours ago, azuramoon said:

The chibi cost is so expensive for the halloween event a bit of everything ?! and you can get a common thats lame i liked the anivesary event where it just cost cake i think and i could get a bunch but now i am lucky to even get one .. i hope they change this who agrees? 

we saved all our useless chibi from the valentines event then cooked them in small forge, 4 chibi = 1 random,  managed to get a zombie wyvern chibi and a bone jerboa chibi, was much easier then getting the stuff to make 1 ranodom chibi that 'might' be a halloween one.

We're on a unofficial where we're finding the Fear Evolved scarecrows, pumpkins and tombstones just fine.

However, we have a major bug/issue where the scarecrows are reverting  to an "Ark Structure" where they can no longer be used in the cooking pot for the event to craft ANYTHING. This is only occurring after a server restart, anyone else experiencing this and if so, is there a work around?

If there's a current thread on this anywhere please let me know. Thanks!

So it has been about 2 weeks since I started my ark break due to the obvious overwhelming ammount of crashes and issues i had with losing characters, and the lack of costumer service provided by WC. 

But I was wondering how is the event going?

Is it worth it for me to come back and check it out or is it still same as the old ones?

I am currently just rendering  my base just waiting on new DLC waiting for something good to happen in ark. Anything  new besides event?

Its ridiculous to tease us with it and then short the xbox players 4+days!  At least extend it some or something for those of us on that system.  Yes I understand the other updates but something!  I'm on single player so I needed that time to try and get what I needed but now most likely wont be able to.  😥

Its still the same. I lose my character about every 2 weeks or so. Love playing this game. Its something my daughter loves doing with me. Like you though I have had enough. Cause of crashing. I lost 2 tek skiffs, 3 gigas 4 rexes, 1 garbage and one anky. Was getting shards in the volcano on gen. I understand its hard, but a crashing game should not cause that. On top of the crashing if I die too many times in a row. My character resets. The game acts like ots spawning my dead character in. But it's a brand new one. Iose my old one. All imprints and boss fights are gone. I have never and will never get to imprint a giga to full. Its fun playing a game you only get to play half of it. 

So I wouldd say its the same. 

Archived