How does the Halloween thing go?

wizard03

2 hours ago, Plum28 said:

Dodowyvern is normally Scorched Earth yes. 

Bone wyvern i believe is only skin that is dropped when you kill  a bone wyvern. 

No from what I remember along with getting a skin the dodowyvern will have skeletal wyverns around during the fight that if they are alive after the dodowyvern is killed you can go up to and claim them. They will not be rideable but will have higher levels than standard like lvl 500 and such. Same thing with the dodorex, he will have zomdodos during the fight that can be claimed after if they are still alive.

Edit: I think Thyme is right, its the zombiwyverns you can claim not the skeletal ones most likely.

The only dinos you can tame are the zombie wyverns and zombie dodos. They're the minions of the dodoywvern and rex respectively. Any left alive after their master is defeated are yours to claim. The dodorex and dodowyvern only spawn in every third night so they're extremely hard to find.

The skeleton dinos are rare spawns wherever their normal counterparts are. They're slightly stronger and drop skeleton skins. Ghosts will presumably work the same way.

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

No from what I remember along with getting a skin the dodowyvern will have skeletal wyverns around during the fight that if they are alive after the dodowyvern is killed you can go up to and claim them. They will not be rideable but will have higher levels than standard like lvl 500 and such. Same thing with the dodorex, he will have zomdodos during the fight that can be claimed after if they are still alive.

Zombie wyverns are its minions have been made rideable since last Halloween (you can still spawn them in with commands). They're small and fast like crystal wyverns but still have the stats and breath attacks of normal wyverns.

7 hours ago, Thyme said:

The only dinos you can tame are the zombie wyverns and zombie dodos. They're the minions of the dodoywvern and rex respectively. Any left alive after their master is defeated are yours to claim. The dodorex and dodowyvern only spawn in every third night so they're extremely hard to find.

The skeleton dinos are rare spawns wherever their normal counterparts are. They're slightly stronger and drop skeleton skins. Ghosts will presumably work the same way.

They didn't mention tameable zombie dodo's this next time. Probably due to their crazy hp pool and regen so their use as soakers. 

10 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

With my luck on the island, I would run into the dodorex first thingxD

Im busy farming element and placing tek turrents around my mini bases....My luck foretells flaming houses. 

Ok, some interesting points have been made, time for part two.....is the wyverndodo or dodorex able to be "trapped"? Like metal behemoth gateways, or bola's out of a balista?

50 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Im busy farming element and placing tek turrents around my mini bases....My luck foretells flaming houses.

When you don't have access to tek stuff....

Also this is probably a dumb question, but is the only way to farm element through defeating bosses? I know there is the element dust, and i've heard I can make unstable element with the dust, but that's only on abberation. So, is the only way to get element on the island through defeating bosses?

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Also this is probably a dumb question, but is the only way to farm element through defeating bosses? I know there is the element dust, and i've heard I can make unstable element with the dust, but that's only on abberation. So, is the only way to get element on the island through defeating bosses?

Element dust is Extinction not Aberration.

But yes, if you only have access to the Island then defeating bosses is the only way to get element.

6 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

technically you can farm the tek creatures, but good lord thats a month or two of work. So basically yeah, its only throuh the defeated creatures. =/

Good news is you get about 400 for doing all the alphas. Just got done doing a run on all of them, sadly lost a rex and theri on the alpha dragon. Idiots got stuck in the lava. x.x

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

sadly lost a rex and theri on the alpha dragon. Idiots got stuck in the lava. x.x

Ohhh, thats sucks.

But everytime you fight the bosses, i'm guessing you have to get the artifact again? I'm trying to get my confidence level high enough to go into a cave to get an artifact xD. What dino do you use for getting the artifact. Bary, thyla?

14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Ok, some interesting points have been made, time for part two.....is the wyverndodo or dodorex able to be "trapped"? Like metal behemoth gateways, or bola's out of a balista?

Dodowyvern can't damage metal so can be trapped. Dodorex will effortlessly tear through any structure near him, even tek.

They can both be chain bola'd and the rex can be trapped in large bear traps. They only hold for a few seconds so I'm not sure its much use. You could put a ballista on your skiff to knock the wyvern out of the sky though.

3 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Ohhh, thats sucks.

But everytime you fight the bosses, i'm guessing you have to get the artifact again? I'm trying to get my confidence level high enough to go into a cave to get an artifact xD. What dino do you use for getting the artifact. Bary, thyla?

Bring an otter,  it can carry more than 1 of a particular artifact.

18 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Ohhh, thats sucks.

I allways use thylo......get you a "decent" level to start with, say a 50 or better, and then cryo pod him up for a day or two, secound day throw him out, put ALLL of those stat points into health, then run him in the caves. If you can tame up a much higher level thylo, its recommended, but if not, don't worry as you will be hitting some explorer notes along the way.
Once you get em to 15k, you can mess with melee and weight if you like.

Also, I love their ability to climb....Im many of the caves, you can use this to your advantage to "short cut" past the normal run through. Also, its saved my bacon a couple times in the lava cave......Just keep in mind, slow n steady, you get too crazy, could cost you.

17 hours ago, Thyme said:

Dodowyvern can't damage metal so can be trapped. Dodorex will effortlessly tear through any structure near him, even tek.

They can both be chain bola'd and the rex can be trapped in large bear traps. They only hold for a few seconds so I'm not sure its much use. You could put a ballista on your skiff to knock the wyvern out of the sky though.

I do not have the skiff engram unlocked yet, but was thinking quetzal mounted might be an idea.

Archived