Creative Bases?

AirplaneSlider

29 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Depends what kind of server you are on. Honestly, I'd just pop into creative mode in a singleplayer world and screw around for a bit building different kinds of houses in different locations.

I generally go for a wooden barn or a stone base on pillars. Those two styles just work for me. 

I'm experimenting with the pillars and they are looking kinda cool. However, since i play in SP I wouldn't do creative mode cause that would feel sort of cheaty and ruin the fun of gathering resources and stuff.

1 hour ago, AirplaneSlider said:

I'm experimenting with the pillars and they are looking kinda cool. However, since i play in SP I wouldn't do creative mode cause that would feel sort of cheaty and ruin the fun of gathering resources and stuff.

That's why I go on a different map than my main playthrough map. I generally use The Center as a sandbox of sorts to test creatures, structures, and other aspects of the game. Use a map you don't have a save file on or a random generated map if you need to. It isn't cheating if you wipe the structure afterwards then that would alleviate the problem too, pretty sure the Admin Rifle can destroy the structures. 

Consider joining this FB page (not mine just one I am a member of). People post amazing builds on all platforms, modded and not, and many have videos to show how it was done. The Pilgrimz Project and Aaron Longstaff (two of the more notable builders in Ark) are members as well. Definitely a great site to frequent that'll help you with ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/279048575809621/?ref=share

I also tend to build a big ugly cube, because to me the basic build units of this game are far to cubic. You can mess around with fence foundations and I think there's triangular foundations/ ceilings, but to me that is just frustration. Ark is a whole lot of sub games, and one of them is creatively using the janky frustrating building mechanics to make something beautiful. To me that isn't fun so I haven't played that game lol... yet. There was a youtube tutorial on building a tree house, which I was almost tempted to attempt, not gonna find it but I can tell you the basic premise was to precisely place fence foundations in a circle on the perimeter of the tree platform so you can build a cylindrical exterior wall.

Archived