Lets settle this once and for all (breeding)

TheOnePlatypus

I have watched countless videos on breeding dinos all that jazz. The jist of it is that unless this dino receives some sort of mutation, it will not surpass its parents (assuming you dont imprint, but imprinting wont work for next generation). Is this at all true? Ill give you an example of an experiment I was in the process of... for fun im breeding some sabers, rename the parents as their higher stats that I want... lets say the mothers attack was 224%, this is the highest of the 2... pops out a baby with 231.5% attack, second baby, did not inbreed hence no mutation... what gives? Why the higher attack?

If the mother tamed with lower TE than a perfect tame(ex. mutton taming), her stats didn't receive all available points, 74 for 150 tame or 69 for a 140, than the baby will inheret her melee as if she was tamed with 100% or close TE. For example, I knock out a 145 doed but shoot it an extra time so it's TE starts at 80%, it tames with 384% melee but babies will get 391% or more as if it was a perfect tame(TE starts at 100% and kib tamed)

3 hours ago, TheOnePlatypus said:

Is this at all true?

Yes, it's absolutely true.

3 hours ago, TheOnePlatypus said:

Why the higher attack?

See the explanation from FieryCat, above. This is something that is covered in any of the good breeding videos, chances are you've already seen it explained and didn't realize it.

4 hours ago, FieryCat122 said:

If the mother tamed with lower TE than a perfect tame(ex. mutton taming), her stats didn't receive all available points, 74 for 150 tame or 69 for a 140, than the baby will inheret her melee as if she was tamed with 100% or close TE. For example, I knock out a 145 doed but shoot it an extra time so it's TE starts at 80%, it tames with 384% melee but babies will get 391% or more as if it was a perfect tame(TE starts at 100% and kib tamed)

But why does this happen and why only with melee?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Baklap said:

But why does this happen and why only with melee?

It affect every stats that receive a "tamed bonus multiplier". For most species, that is only melee. For example, a Rex's melee:

• 5% per wild point.
  • 7% additive bonus.
  • 17.6% multiplicative bonus.

Meaning that a Rex with 50 points into melee and 100% taming effectiveness would have:

((100 + (50 * 5)) + 7) * 1.176 = 419.8%

But the same amount of points with 50% taming effectiveness would be:

((100 + (50 * 5)) + 7) * 1.088 = 388.4%

Because 50% of 17.6 is 8.8 meaning it will only receive half the multiplicative bonus, etc. Though, when that 50 points is inherited, the baby will be considered to have 100% taming effectiveness and therefore will receive 17.6% even if its parent only received 8.8%.

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, Yggdrassil said:

So doesn't this mean that TE is essentially not important if you are breeding the dino because baby will get 100% anyway? Maybe I've misunderstood your post. 

It is important, because it also affect the bonus points your tame will receive. Basically, 100% taming effectiveness means your tame will get 1.5x its level. For example, a 150 with 100% effectiveness would tame at 150 * 1.5 = 225, but with 50% effectiveness would tame at 150 * 1.25 = 187. Higher effectiveness means your tame will receive more points distributed into all its 7 stats (6 for flyers).

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

the baby will be considered to have 100% taming effectiveness

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

It is important, because it also affect the bonus points your tame will receive.

I'm confused this seems like a contradiction.... Say I tame two dinos. A wild 150 male, female, and I get 0% te so they tame at 150. Then I breed them and make a baby... is baby lvl 255? (meaning it doesn't matter) or lvl 150 (meaning te DID matter)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I'm confused this seems like a contradiction.... Say I tame two dinos. A wild 150 male, female, and I get 0% te so they tame at 150. Then I breed them and make a baby... is baby lvl 255? (meaning it doesn't matter) or lvl 150 (meaning te DID matter)

This isn't contradictory, because the TE affects both. The level of a creature is really just a visual reflection of the amount of points it have distributed minus one. For example, a 150 have 149 points, and a 225 have 224. The more points allocated, the higher the stats. To take your example, assuming both your male and female have the exact same stats, the babies would hatch at 150 because they inherited 149 points. They would just have higher melee, because the multiplicative bonus was applied in full but the base amount of points is the same.

The baby from two identical 150 parents would also be 150 assuming no mutations.  If you got a perfect tame at 100% TE on a 150, it would tame at 225.  Usually you will lose a level or two over the taming process, so it might be a 222 when done.  A baby from that parent and a clone would still be level 222, but would have a 100% TE, as if it were tamed at 100% TE but was level 148 in the wild, instead of 150.

7 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

From what Invincibleqc said earlier, the creature with 50 points into melee has the stat points multiplied by the 5% and 7% values + the taming effectiveness. So having a 150 tamed with 100% TE vs 0% TE would mean losing out on 74 levels of randomly selected stats prior to the TE even being in the equation. So you could potentially find a rex with 50 points in melee in the wild, then tame it with 0%TE it will guarantee still have that 50 points melee which would equate to xx damage. Then you tame the same rex with 50 wild points and 100% TE it could get some of those random stat points into melee and push it even higher to lets say 55 melee points which when put into the equation with the TE taking effect will be a better dino.

If you have a dino that has exactly what you want and are not interested in it possibly being better than sure it could not matter I suppose.

It affect every stats that receive a "tamed bonus multiplier". For most species, that is only melee. For example, a Rex's melee:

• 5% per wild point.
  • 7% additive bonus.
  • 17.6% multiplicative bonus.

Meaning that a Rex with 50 points into melee and 100% taming effectiveness would have:

((100 + (50 * 5)) + 7) * 1.176 = 419.8%

But the same amount of points with 50% taming effectiveness would be:

((100 + (50 * 5)) + 7) * 1.088 = 388.4%

Archived