Dinosaur Names

terrifyingpanda

Just some names to get you thinking

Bloodstalker: Man-spider

Yutyrannus: Loudmouth, Loudspeaker, Boombox

Dunkleosteus: Submariner, Big Kronch

Rex: Gigantoripper(Had a Rex that could kill Wild Gigas, so this was kinda like a mantle more than a name), Tyrannus, Carolus

Woolly Rhino: Pain Train, Haley's Comet

Megachelon: Hardshell, Bubbles, Slowpoke

Wyverns: Thor(Lightning), Surtur(Fire), Loki(Poison), Boreas(Ice)

Ice Titan: Ymir

I personally use a lot of pop-culture or real life names for my creatures, especially fantasy ones. Hope this helps!

I use basically anything that pops into mind after taming/hatching something. I have a bad memory and having names to associate to certain breeders really helps me a lot. However, breeding can take hundreds to thousands of tamed animals...so I need lots of names. 

If I'm listening to Spotify, I might randomly name whatever animal I just got after the song I'm currently listening to, maybe some lyrics in the song, maybe after the TV show running in the background, maybe after an actor on the TV, maybe after some random item I have nearby - I've had tames named stuff like High Hopes, Loud House, Headmaster, etc. Just basically any random word 😂 Now as you can imagine, these are not always great names, but sometimes you get strange ones that stick. Like I have a managarmr named Edge who I really love the name for, or my velona Headmaster who just roams, or Nero, a microraptor that roams the innards of the base. 

Sometimes wonky names end up being fun. I have a giga named Treasure Planet because I was randomly thinking about the movie and I found I really liked it in the end. 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes not putting much thought into the name and letting it characterize itself is fun. 

7 hours ago, Slvr said:

I use basically anything that pops into mind after taming/hatching something. I have a bad memory and having names to associate to certain breeders really helps me a lot. However, breeding can take hundreds to thousands of tamed animals...so I need lots of names. 

If I'm listening to Spotify, I might randomly name whatever animal I just got after the song I'm currently listening to, maybe some lyrics in the song, maybe after the TV show running in the background, maybe after an actor on the TV, maybe after some random item I have nearby - I've had tames named stuff like High Hopes, Loud House, Headmaster, etc. Just basically any random word 😂 Now as you can imagine, these are not always great names, but sometimes you get strange ones that stick. Like I have a managarmr named Edge who I really love the name for, or my velona Headmaster who just roams, or Nero, a microraptor that roams the innards of the base. 

Sometimes wonky names end up being fun. I have a giga named Treasure Planet because I was randomly thinking about the movie and I found I really liked it in the end. 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes not putting much thought into the name and letting it characterize itself is fun. 

Lol best strat ever... I often name stuff I’m breeding something tactical... like F 1 for female the second in the line(I use 0 like a computer cuz I’m weird)

Argentavis: Argent Scully, Argent Mulder

Pteranodon: Ptera Reid, Quentin Pterantino

Carnotaurus: Carnold Schwarzenegger

Brontosaurus: LeBronto James

Megalodon: Shark Wahlberg, Shark Cuban

Thylacoleo: Thyla Durden

Daeodon: Lewis HAMilton, Piggy Bundy

Jerboa: Rocky Jerboa

Woolly Mammoth: Woolliam Wallace, Maisie Woolliams

On 10/17/2020 at 3:18 AM, terrifyingpanda said:

every time I tame something I can't think of a name. comment your best names for tames (specify type if you want) basically cause I'm unimaginative :)

Of the very few dino's I actually named:

High level argies: Super Bird {its a car name IRL}
Pebbles
Joker {easter argy with green, purple, and black colors}
And Mutton Thief {I forgot to take the mutton off of him after taming and he ate it all before I got back to base}

A rex called Test Subject 626 {our first transferred dino}
The highest level wyvern who was electric is named Sparky
My first deadon Mr! Pig. {lion king reference}
First Shark, Shark Bait.
Random Easter turtle, Cletus.
First Tropo, Jet Ski {its got a jet, and we allways seem to ski on his face when landing. lol}
And of course, Loud Mouth. First Yuty

Female Theri- Charlize (Therizinosaurus)

Velonasaurus- Brrrrrtttttt

Giga- So many but I really like WishAGigaWould and for a male Andre (the Gigantosaurus)

Dire Bear- Rawr

Snow Owl- Again a ton but my two favorite are OwlbrtFlyinstin (console only allows 15 letters) and Owlice Swooper

Carno- CarYes

Yuty- pretty good amount of these. Fat Lady being a prominent one

Tuso- Hans Grabber

I am sure I am missing some. I've certainly named several based on color scheme. I am currently raising an all red Giga female that I have named Blodreigna (a reference to the show The 100) and an all purple Giga I named Purple Reign. 

Edit: I'll edit as I remember but I have a Procoptodon named Rapper's Delight. 

I usually name some Parasaurs after precious stones, like Emerald and Sapphire

Usually the stronger leveled versions will get better names.

A Griffin I might name Horus if it's black, or Osiris, but if it's max level then gotta be Ra or Amun-Ra

I think I named a Quetzal after celestial objects like Pulsar, Quasar

In general no names, all just gender and numbers, tamed level and any high stats. If you name them you become attached to them. 

I have a very few named dinos "Daily Driver" the Thyla I use for transport on a daily basis but it's only named to make it easy to locate in cryo fridge. A "BattleDrake" and "BattleDog" used for Rockwell, and a Reaper named Max because it was obtained from a max level queen. 

Archived