Have you had a bad day on ark?

Ok, so, before I tell this story I will say that thankfully it was a private server so we rolled everything back and everything was fixed, but that was the next day so this badness indeed did happen. 

Once a few years ago on a private server I had this large base with hundreds of animals, it is important to note that often, at least back then when a private server (at least ours) would restart it was not uncommon for it to turn from PVE to PvPvE. We had a mod for small dragons that we could tame, basically they looked like the boss dragon but they weren't huge. So I also had a few of those.  So one day I decided to actually make myself a tribe (I mainly solo so I had no need for a tribe name etc, but I like the tribe log feature) so I did. Well I decided I wanted to make it capitalized and I did the change name thing and did caps and so on but it did not help and suckishly enough it had actually kicked me from my tribe.

So my tames had no human to look after them that was actually in the tribe. Well I tried like 5 different "cheats" to give me back my own tribe and none would work! I could go around and claim every single tame one at a time but I had like 700 tames and I didn't want to to tab up enter 700 times. So I decided to just wait until the countdown timer would go and I could claim them.

So I wait the whole 8 days and I go and start claiming them. Well about 10 mins in I had an issue getting to some of the smaller tames that were under one of my dragons, so I got on her and started trying to move her out of the way but she was stuck so I tried run. Big mistake. It had changed from PVE to PvPvE and her stepping on one of the "other tribes" tames counted as a PVP attack and she and the rest of the tames I had claimed went to war with the ones I had not yet claimed. I was devastated, the fight lasted for like 5 mins and there was nothing I could do. after it was over I went and there were bags everywhere left by the pets that had died. 

• Sad 2

I'm just hoping to copy-paste an old discord message from when I was having a horrific day lol.

"So this has been my last few days
-My dad got home from work pissed off and decided that meant everyone else needed to be pissed off too, so he forced me to immediately put the computer to the side even though I was in the process of trying to save Morphine the Rock Drake from cnidaria and electrophorus. So he died
-A kind Samaritan gave me an extra drake they didn't care about, and I managed to accidentally toss it out cryosick next to a rock elemental waiting on transfer timer, so it immediately died
-Accidentally threw an angler into the lake behind my house instead of the karki, it was shredded in seconds by electrophorus
-On Valguero, I realized the tribe i was in over there only had one member and was still an old name, so I was gonna just rename it to Tribe of... for the time being by just using the default for rename tribe. This dumbass bitch left the raptoring tribe on accident. So now Seafoam, my last and very good drake, is stuck in a memberless tribe, along with two anglers I tamed (one in her inventory in cryo and one that finished taming after I did this)"

I did get them back in the end through the ticket system but wow I was hot that day lol. 

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Ok, so, before I tell this story I will say that thankfully it was a private server so we rolled everything back and everything was fixed, but that was the next day so this badness indeed did happen. 

Once a few years ago on a private server I had this large base with hundreds of animals, it is important to note that often, at least back then when a private server (at least ours) would restart it was not uncommon for it to turn from PVE to PvPvE. We had a mod for small dragons that we could tame, basically they looked like the boss dragon but they weren't huge. So I also had a few of those.  So one day I decided to actually make myself a tribe (I mainly solo so I had no need for a tribe name etc, but I like the tribe log feature) so I did. Well I decided I wanted to make it capitalized and I did the change name thing and did caps and so on but it did not help and suckishly enough it had actually kicked me from my tribe.

So my tames had no human to look after them that was actually in the tribe. Well I tried like 5 different "cheats" to give me back my own tribe and none would work! I could go around and claim every single tame one at a time but I had like 700 tames and I didn't want to to tab up enter 700 times. So I decided to just wait until the countdown timer would go and I could claim them.

So I wait the whole 8 days and I go and start claiming them. Well about 10 mins in I had an issue getting to some of the smaller tames that were under one of my dragons, so I got on her and started trying to move her out of the way but she was stuck so I tried run. Big mistake. It had changed from PVE to PvPvE and her stepping on one of the "other tribes" tames counted as a PVP attack and she and the rest of the tames I had claimed went to war with the ones I had not yet claimed. I was devastated, the fight lasted for like 5 mins and there was nothing I could do. after it was over I went and there were bags everywhere left by the pets that had died. 

Ouch. I feel your pain. I accidently kicked myself from my tribe one time on official. Luckily, I hadn't started up properly, but it was frustrating starting all over, and walking past my pteranadon. xD

13 hours ago, Slvr said:

I'm just hoping to copy-paste an old discord message from when I was having a horrific day lol.

"So this has been my last few days
-My dad got home from work pissed off and decided that meant everyone else needed to be pissed off too, so he forced me to immediately put the computer to the side even though I was in the process of trying to save Morphine the Rock Drake from cnidaria and electrophorus. So he died
-A kind Samaritan gave me an extra drake they didn't care about, and I managed to accidentally toss it out cryosick next to a rock elemental waiting on transfer timer, so it immediately died
-Accidentally threw an angler into the lake behind my house instead of the karki, it was shredded in seconds by electrophorus
-On Valguero, I realized the tribe i was in over there only had one member and was still an old name, so I was gonna just rename it to Tribe of... for the time being by just using the default for rename tribe. This dumbass bitch left the raptoring tribe on accident. So now Seafoam, my last and very good drake, is stuck in a memberless tribe, along with two anglers I tamed (one in her inventory in cryo and one that finished taming after I did this)"

I did get them back in the end through the ticket system but wow I was hot that day lol. 

I can imagine the rage! xD

5 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Ouch. I feel your pain. I accidently kicked myself from my tribe one time on official. Luckily, I hadn't started up properly, but it was frustrating starting all over, and walking past my pteranadon. xD

I did that too, but thank God it was in 2015 and Ark was still picking up and so it didnt have as many players and I was able to get my tribe back. I had devoted 8 months at that point! (actually, it was right around the same time that this one happened and now I dont muck with tribe stuff LOL)

I decided to play online for the first time, went about leveling up, loseing a few tames along the way, but was finally above lvl 70 with a fairly decent sized metal base for a minimulists, yuty kibble farm, quetzal, mosa, basil, argies, rex's, and finally a giga. Also came accross a couple dead bases with LOADS of blueprints.....Even had a guy join my tribe and life was awesome.

Had to change IP, and could not log in....to any server.....lost everything. =/

Decided to play Genesis, riding a Ferox, big form, forget to give some element, during the transformation back my ferox disapear -> anti mesh, happens yesterday three times. Want to finished the master controller this day, during a disconnect, the whole server get one, lost full set ob boss fighter rexes and stuff. Friday lost a skiff durring a lag in exitinction and some cryos. Some days ago on aberration again anti mesh in red zone.

more and more often I hate ARK for this bugs