Community Crunch 242: Your New Ride!

StudioWildcard

Hi there

I have a question 😄

That part of crystal isles, that it becomes open for transfer on console,

Is there a tiny chance that i will be able to play the map?🤩

I play on an ark official server,  its a cluster with 8 maps EU and NA,  all its players were so exited when we heard crystal isles was beeing released

But we still dont have it availeable to play ☹

We are kinda done with the endgame of our current maps (abberation was the last time we had a new expention) 

we are hoping to also be able to expend our ark adventure to the crystal isles

Greetings😁

38 minutes ago, Cptadios1 said:

Looks too much like Akira.  Someone is getting sued.  F351D086-4EA3-42A1-A544-344EA5AC495E.thumb.jpeg.4e5ab6a85727842db8be44abb6169751.jpeg

A lot of things in this game look a LOT like other things - you think this is the first thing WC have ripped off for this game?

It's like games companies think that games never get played by people who read manga/watch anime. 

Edited by Batfloke

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Batfloke said:

A lot of things in this game look a LOT like other things - you think this is the first thing WC have ripped off for this game?

It's like games companies think that games never get played by people who read manga/watch anime. 

IKR! It's not like the name of the image was literally AkiraLikePoster_Promo_STA.jpg. That would make it too obvious for the forums detectives. 🙄

• Haha 1

LOL!

It is around the time of the anniversary so there is that. Also - and I haven't watched it in some time so I may be wrong here but - I am pretty sure that it was a cyberpunk-motorbike film and not once did someone speed along the roads of NeoTokyo on a giant fish. But like I say, maybe I am wrong and the whiner above has something to prove that riding a big fish is somehow breaking some obscure copyright.

Oh wait! They rode giant fish in One Piece! Hmmm... maybe the studios for both Akira and One Piece should team up and sue? 

Bc showing people walking and showing people having a fish you can ride are clearly in violation of something. Probably someone's privilege.

Sweet good to see the extra life event coming and the fear evolved event not far off, TLC, really excited about the special event rates hell yeah!!!! Thanks WC!  The question I do have is you are opening transfers for console crystal isles in about a month, November 22 I think you said, now why in the name of ALL THINGS HOLY, would you want to open transfers up for a map as another event has kicked off (or about to kick off, that is I’m assuming we are still getting turkey trials)????  Do you guys understand at all what happens?  Lag issues, disconnect issues, people coming on here and bitching about the lag and disconnecting, and the inability to log on.  You have bumped the official network to permanently 2x from or the summer rates, and server pop almost always doubles during events.  I just foresee some serious problems rearing their ugly head if you open up transfers during or at the start of an event.  The lag and disconnect issues will be bad enough when players start moving entire bases and dinos to crystal isles, even with the use of cryopods.  @Cedric, please talk to the team and maybe reconsider opening transfers in between events? Say like a week after fear evolved event and a week before turkey trials?  It’ll save everyone a lot of headaches all the way around, us and you all at WC.  Give people a chance to play “catch up” so to speak, and be able to enjoy the events instead of trying to rush getting things moved then only be able to enjoy maybe a week of an event if that.

• Like 1

I know its OFF the topic, @Cedric but please leave message to crew to fix Aberration!
- day/time and surface behavior mess
- boss Rockwell's tentacles electroshocking blue (starter) plate
- Rockwell orbs disappeared. Noticed yesterday (i know its nice to get them off but its definitely a bug).

and please add more creatures to Aberration

Thanks!

Edited by slejo
  • Like 1

Is anyone else extremely confused by the teaser image? 

Just been trying to break it down. At a glance it seems we're getting another space whale saddle, but like, why? Are they really going to try to hype the next DLC with a second saddle for a previous DLC creature? Also, space whales don't see a whole lot of use right now as it is. Are we going to be travelling through space now? If not, then why would we need more speed for just traversing around the map? This whole 'your new ride' stuff would make sense if we were getting tek tron bikes or something, which is what I thought this was at a glance but the teaser we're given just raises a lot of confusing questions. I'm wary of old content being reused for something new so hopefully it goes beyond that.

I don't know what to make of it, hopefully it actually has a use in PvE and isn't just a fancy gimmick. My guess is Rockwell is planetary and we need to traverse the outskirts of the planet, like in the image, or perhaps we can travel to other planets for the different biomes this time around? Grasping at straws but the only thing that makes sense.

Edited by Thalana

1 hour ago, Thalana said:

Is anyone else extremely confused by the teaser image? 

Just been trying to break it down. At a glance it seems we're getting another space whale saddle, but like, why? Are they really going to try to hype the next DLC with a second saddle for a previous DLC creature? Also, space whales don't see a whole lot of use right now as it is. Are we going to be travelling through space now? If not, then why would we need more speed for just traversing around the map? This whole 'your new ride' stuff would make sense if we were getting tek tron bikes or something, which is what I thought this was at a glance but the teaser we're given just raises a lot of confusing questions. I'm wary of old content being reused for something new so hopefully it goes beyond that.

I don't know what to make of it, hopefully it actually has a use in PvE and isn't just a fancy gimmick. My guess is Rockwell is planetary and we need to traverse the outskirts of the planet, like in the image, or perhaps we can travel to other planets for the different biomes this time around? Grasping at straws but the only thing that makes sense.

I believe it is a new creatures, though it might not be, and if it isn’t, then this saddle is probably meant to be a new use for it, maybe one of the only ways to space? And I do hope it’s PvP useful too.. Also thinking this whole map will have a Rockwell tendril themes like corrupted dinos in extinction...  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Shinigati said:

No, ARK is already running on a heavily modified Unreal Engine and upgrading to Unreal 5 is like doing a complete remake of the game.

Cough “ark 2?” Cough also, I feel bad for Modders and all the peps who like to play modded if that happens

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

And when will Genesis 1 be fixed?

More specific?

10 hours ago, Warzonebeta said:

Insect breeding has been getting hinted at and outright shown with two baby mantis’ awhile back.

so there is a third thing it seems but it’s for all insects I think. 

I’m hoping this is true, especially hyped for lymantia... maybe it’s taking a long time cuz they are doing it all like bloodstalker but with custom models?

7 hours ago, Batfloke said:

Well I believe it is intended to be a reference for people that DO know, how do you know they didn’t get permission or something first? And is this even sueable? It’s not really a copy with changes it’s just kinda inspired off and formatted similar, but maybe I don’t know enough about law... 

49 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I believe it is a new creatures, though it might not be, and if it isn’t, then this saddle is probably meant to be a new use for it, maybe one of the only ways to space? And I do hope it’s PvP useful too.. Also thinking this whole map will have a Rockwell tendril themes like corrupted dinos in extinction...  

it does look like a new whale. Smaller, faster, more agile?